Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Just off the phone with the dealer, in to sign paperwork next week. How realistic is his stated August delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

I don't know, I was told end of Aug, early Sept.

Congrats, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

Thinking of going for the Max but not 100%.
    Has any Max potentials been told they can have delivery in January?
    The BEATS sound system seems to be swapped for a "sound system" which does not sound great.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Redlim

Add me to the club too. Been silently learning loads from the various threads here over the past couple of years so I'd like to express a huge thanks to all the knowledgeable contributors. Also been advised of a late August/early September delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

njburke wrote: »
    Just off the phone with the dealer, in to sign paperwork next week. How realistic is his stated August delivery?
    Redlim wrote: »
    Add me to the club too. Been silently learning loads from the various threads here over the past couple of years so I'd like to express a huge thanks to all the knowledgeable contributors. Also been advised of a late August/early September delivery.

Which spec/colours are you going for?

• Advertisement

eagerv wrote: »

The Plus in moonstone. Bit of a gamble on the non metallic colour tbh. I like it from the few proper daylight videos I've seen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

Sign paperwork....I just ordered through Email, was told early September delivery.

eagerv wrote: »

I went for the id3 first in the basic grey, I couldn't justify 800 euros for a colour choice. 34 k is the most we've ever spent on a car. 5 years ago we picked up a 4 month old leaf for 22k, it's been flawless for the last 100,000 KMS.
    We are trading in my diesel, while it still has value and will try two evs. We will only have one charger, but I have one at work so I think we will manage.

Sign paperwork....I just ordered through Email, was told early September delivery.

Yeah, I only did the pre order a couple of weeks ago. The sales guy is very keen to convert orders passed on from vw to the dealers, can't blame them after the last few months. The paperwork is SEAI grant and finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

Yeah, I only did the pre order a couple of weeks ago. The sales guy is very keen to convert orders passed on from vw to the dealers, can't blame them after the last few months. The paperwork is SEAI grant and finance.

Oh the SEAI grant, I’ll have to get on to my guy about that next week then, thanks. 1st EV purchase, so it’s all new to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I’ve ordered the plus manganese grey. The dealer said early September for delivery but he thought Volkswagen were being cautious with the dates and it could come towards the end of August.

How does it work with the grants? Can the dealer apply once they get the car details from VW or do they have to take delivery and then apply? I forgot to ask about that. It would drive me mad waiting around for a few weeks with the car sitting in their yard

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Are the 1st sold out, everyone seems to be opting for the plus now?

Are the 1st sold out, everyone seems to be opting for the plus now?

I was weighing up both options and they both seemed to still be available

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Best of luck with your new VW! Does this mean that a lot of your quirky and eclectic watches will now come up for sale? :)

What I have I'll hold.ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Just for people on the SEAI grant.

The grants can’t be applied for until late July/early August when the SEAI add the ID to their system. Also, they’ve a New system coming on stream soon so it’ll be a lot faster than usual.

For anyone that hasn’t done it before, you should send your dealer a copy of your electricity bill, this should have the details they’ll need ie MPRN, Supplier, account holder etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I bought mine this time last year, depending on the colour VW had a stock in Ireland waiting for delivery to garages....have you checked if they have in stock in Ireland>

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shango

Hi lads, just ordered a plus in the manga grey. Avoided the Gard-X option, no way im letting some intern swirl the metallic paint they are charging us for! But anyone get an independent quote on the GAP insurance option, it seems quite steep, I payed a 50 euro surplus per year on last car insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

Shango wrote: »
    Hi lads, just ordered a plus in the manga grey. Avoided the Gard-X option, no way im letting some intern swirl the metallic paint they are charging us for! But anyone get an independent quote on the GAP insurance option, it seems quite steep, I payed a 50 euro surplus per year on last car insurance?

Ordered mine today Plus in same colour, delivery in early September according to dealer. Believe it when I see it....

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Never really looked at the ID3 (with the release of the prices a few weeks back the prices of the plus and max put me off), but the "entry" 1st doesn't look a bad offering. I've a couple of questions which may or may not be answerable.

1. Are those the only colours, 2 greys, a white and turquoise? Is the turquoise in the brochure really what it'd look like in the flesh?
    2. Boot space says 385ltrs. The boot in my Ioniq (350ltrs) is probably what lets me down the most (with almost 2 small kids). Is a 385 ltr boot the equivalent a golf or any other mid sized car? Would you notice that extra 35ltrs?
    3. Frunk? No?
    4. All this "it's passat sized inside"... in what way? Just leg room?
    5. Is the deposit refundable if you decide not to buy?

• Advertisement

Certainly not width. This is not a car suitable for a family of 5.

unkel wrote: »
    Certainly not width. This is not a car suitable for a family of 5.

Almost a family of 4 now, and i'd likely keep the car for 5 years until we need something bigger.

That all said, 35 isn't far from 41 (eNiro), or even a 2nd hand eNiro (if they exist). Which would be a family car, and likely a family car for at least 5 years.

Maybe a 0% finance option would ease my mind on the risk, but nope, VW decided not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Never really looked at the ID3 (with the release of the prices a few weeks back the prices of the plus and max put me off), but the "entry" 1st doesn't look a bad offering. I've a couple of questions which may or may not be answerable.

1. Are those the only colours, 2 greys, a white and turquoise? Is the turquoise in the brochure really what it'd look like in the flesh?
    2. Boot space says 385ltrs. The boot in my Ioniq (350ltrs) is probably what lets me down the most (with almost 2 small kids). Is a 385 ltr boot the equivalent a golf or any other mid sized car? Would you notice that extra 35ltrs?
    3. Frunk? No?
    4. All this "it's passat sized inside"... in what way? Just leg room?
    5. Is the deposit refundable if you decide not to buy?

1. Those are the only colours currently offered.
    2. At Weston, the boot space didn't impress me as any bigger then my old Ioniq
    3. No frunk, and no possibility if having one, unlike the Kona/Niro. There's not a scrap of space under the bonnet in the ID3.
    4. It felt roomy inside, but Passat roomy? I don't think so.
    5. If you're talking about the pre booking €1000, which you can still do, then yes fully refundable.

1. Those are the only colours currently offered.
    2. At Weston, the boot space didn't impress me as any bigger then my old Ioniq
    3. No frunk, and no possibility if having one, unlike the Kona/Niro. There's not a scrap of space under the bonnet in the ID3.
    4. It felt roomy inside, but Passat roomy? I don't think so.
    5. If you're talking about the pre booking €1000, which you can still do, then yes fully refundable.

Cheers SR. Colours don't inspire me. White and potentially the turquoise are the nicest in my opinion. I've never liked grey on a car.

From the pics, the book only looks like it might be a tad deeper than the Ioniq, though removing the parcel shelves might open up a bit more space in the Ioniq than the ID3. Might be a non runner so.

With 2 under 2 "roomy" is only important in the boot for me.

Might have to hold out and try get luck on a second hand eNiro, or more luck on a cheap M3.

Cheers SR. Colours don't inspire me. White and potentially the turquoise are the nicest in my opinion. I've never liked grey on a car.

From the pics, the book only looks like it might be a tad deeper than the Ioniq, though removing the parcel shelves might open up a bit more space in the Ioniq than the ID3. Might be a non runner so.

Might have to hold out and try get luck on a second hand eNiro, or more luck on a cheap M3.

There's a better than fair chance that I'll be moving my Niro on at the end of the year. I never keep a car long, and I'll have the Niro 18 months by then.

I've already talked to the dealer about it when I was booking my service last week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

M3 wouldn't be particularly "roomy" in the boot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Almost a family of 4 now, and i'd likely keep the car for 5 years until we need something bigger.

That all said, 35 isn't far from 41 (eNiro), or even a 2nd hand eNiro (if they exist). Which would be a family car, and likely a family car for at least 5 years.

Maybe a 0% finance option would ease my mind on the risk, but nope, VW decided not.

If you are talking in the 35 to 41 region then you are well into a 2015 Model S, now that is a family car

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

There's a better than fair chance that I'll be moving my Niro on at the end of the year. I never keep a car long, and I'll have the Niro 18 months by then.

What's next? :D

unkel wrote: »
    What's next? :D

Maybe a 77kWh ID3, or a Model Y... possibly another Niro.

The bigger battery ID3 might not be available for January, the Model Y might be another year out, and Tesla quality control hasn't impressed me so far. Such a pity that Hyundai cocked up the Ioniq "upgrade", I'd go back to one in a heartbeat if it had the range I need. The Niro has been perfect for me, but I have an addiction to the new car smell. :D

Beyond that, I'll be watching what comes available for this cycle.

• Advertisement

I guess with your UK trips range is more important than anything! Ford Mach-E an option?

Advertisement