Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

M3 wouldn't be particularly "roomy" in the boot.

Boot + frunk would give us nice usable space. The lack of a hatchback doesn't bother me. Ioniq is my first hatchback in a long time.
    slave1 wrote: »
    If you are talking in the 35 to 41 region then you are well into a 2015 Model S, now that is a family car

Got the measuring tape out again last night (our gate)... unless it's a bargain that I can flip without losing money, i've resigned myself to not owning an S. It's a sad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

unkel wrote: »
    I guess with your UK trips range is more important than anything! Ford Mach-E an option?

Yup, if it becomes available here in time.

I've zero brand loyalty. The badge on the car means nothing to me. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Boot + frunk would give us nice usable space. The lack of a hatchback doesn't bother me. Ioniq is my first hatchback in a long time.

Got the measuring tape out again last night (our gate)... unless it's a bargain that I can flip without losing money, i've resigned myself to not owning an S. It's a sad day.

I had a relatively narrow entrance too, took a sledge to it, kept pillar intact, took two foot of wall down, moved pillar the two feet and boom, half a day later and all done and dusted

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I had a relatively narrow entrance too, took a sledge to it, kept pillar intact, took two foot of wall down, moved pillar the two feet and boom, half a day later and all done and dusted

If the mountain won't come to Mohammed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Cheers SR. Colours don't inspire me. White and potentially the turquoise are the nicest in my opinion. I've never liked grey on a car.

From the pics, the book only looks like it might be a tad deeper than the Ioniq, though removing the parcel shelves might open up a bit more space in the Ioniq than the ID3. Might be a non runner so.

With 2 under 2 "roomy" is only important in the boot for me.

Might have to hold out and try get luck on a second hand eNiro, or more luck on a cheap M3.

If you've to fit a double buggy in it won't be much room left, have you a second car? I've 3 under 7's in the golf, fine for pottering around but for a weekend away etc you'd need something bigger.

• Advertisement

I've 3 under 7's in the golf

How on earth do they fit with the child seats and boosters? A Golf is tiny!

It's not as small as it looks, rarely the 5 us would be in it, just me and the 3 kids on the school run, herself has an xc90 if were all heading off.

It's not as small as it looks, rarely the 5 us would be in it, just me and the 3 kids on the school run

Ah ok, so just 2 kids in the back. The car is far too small of 3 of them.

Ah ok, so just 2 kids in the back. The car is far too small of 3 of them.

Yea, it's no more squashed in the back than my previous 5 series with the kids. I'd fit 3 child seats in the back if I put my mind to it the last seats I bought are pretty slim and work as isofix and non isofix.
    The boot fits an uppababy with the 2 seats + boogie board and you'd still have room for some shopping. It's a surprising practical car. I don't expect the ID3 to be any bigger except for legroom, 3 isofix is welcome though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Yea, it's no more squashed in the back than my previous 5 series with the kids. I'd fit 3 child seats in the back if I put my mind to it the last seats I bought are pretty slim and work as isofix and non isofix.
    The boot fits an uppababy with the 2 seats + boogie board and you'd still have room for some shopping. It's a surprising practical car. I don't expect the ID3 to be any bigger except for legroom, 3 isofix is welcome though.

mind me asking what the seats you got are?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Considered it when we got our driveway paved, but..
    1. main road, so would have been obvious and in need of planning
    2. We've a gate, so widening the entrance = buying a new gate = wider gate = bigger inswing from the gate thus limiting the length of car that can fit in the drive. And we've a slight incline so wider gates would/could end up hitting the ground before they fully open.

Folding gate I hear you say, but sure that'd just eat up the width I just got by knocking that pier.

TLDR: Considered it, didn't do it, too late to do it now. Maybe in a later life Tesla :(

The last ones I bought are these https://eurobaby.com/maxi-cosi-rodi-airprotect-child-car-seat/?sku=8751671110&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3ZX4BRDmARIsAFYh7ZK9rHpL1LSY5TGNc6-fR-3lhuq0Voz8VuM1lkLQ8lFvu4KLx5fZZyQaAsiwEALw_wcB
    You'd probably find slimmer. There very light and easy in and out if your swapping them between cars though. The 2yr old is in a more protective seat, half thinking of buying a ratchet strap to keep her in the seat though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

I'm currently looking at the id plan and pcp figures for a plus with metallic paint. It's interesting that because of the offer of the first three payments off the overall cost of finance is lower if you opt for a €0 deposit. With the max deposit on the pcp plan of 40% the cost of finance is €235 higher.

mental

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Daharmaster

What monthly pcp figures are being asked for for the plus with 0% deposit?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

How on earth do they fit with the child seats and boosters? A Golf is tiny!

They are bigger than you think, I came from an A4 Avant to the eGolf and bring my 2 and a neighbours 2 kids to school - (14, 16 & 17 y/o in the back) and they said they have as much room in the golf as the audi!!

Boot is tiny though.

Audi's are not that spacious, A3 and A4, to be honest my i3 feels roomier than an A3, it's not quite as wide but definitely more rear legroom.

ID3 ready for mass production. After the first edition will come 8 pre-configured versions with WLTP approval which should allow VW to maximise production. There will be a few more colours and the 8 pre-configured specs will go from low end to high end. These are not to be confused with trim levels. They are configurations which have been WLTP'd.
    There are discussions about it on the german forum goingelectric.de

In other news it appears there will be no Seat El-Born based on the ID3 and instead there will be a Cupra with a Cupra sized purchase price. VAG want to maximise profit and it appears selling a "Felt spec" ID3 badged as a Cupra is more profitable than a base model Seat El Born.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

What monthly pcp figures are being asked for for the plus with 0% deposit?

On the 1st it’s €473 plus €17,560 final. First 3 months are payed for you(not deferred).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

On the 1st it’s €473 plus €17,560 final. First 3 months are payed for you(not deferred).

Those look like the payments on the id plan as opposed to std. pcp offer, without the metallic paint. Overall cost of credit is higher with the id plan than with pcp as the final payment is higher. Final payment is approx. €14,000 on pcp.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Matqo

Just canceled my reservation after being informed that test drives won't be available. Hopefully the reservation is released into a pool for someone else waiting for the 1st edition!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Matqo wrote: »
    Just canceled my reservation after being informed that test drives won't be available. Hopefully the reservation is released into a pool for someone else waiting for the 1st edition!

Try another dealer. I've been offered a test drive before committing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

KCross wrote: »
    Try another dealer. I've been offered a test drive before committing.

So have I. Good advice to contact other dealers.

Not really a review but a few snipits..

Despite heavy rain showers and just 2.5 degrees above Dovrefjell, energy consumption on the trip to Trondheim was 14 kWh / 100 km.
    What's that mean for the uneducated here?

-The first impression of the car also gives everyone who is waiting for ID.3 1 ST to look forward to:

- The car seems very cash and sporty on the road, it has performance in the GTE class . At the same time, it seems like a bigger car than it is, almost a bit like an SUV. You are sitting tall, have a good overview, and the suspension comfort is very good. Not least, it has been quiet, Hekneby comments.

https://www.volkswagen.no/no/elbil/siste-nytt/forste-testtur-med-id3-i-norge.html?fbclid=IwAR0riX0Mfu2ZmEQyMdwc4TfhN7c_2X12HciBEJCwa6Gb88dgY792mj3tCys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Not really a review but a few snipits..

Despite heavy rain showers and just 2.5 degrees above Dovrefjell, energy consumption on the trip to Trondheim was 14 kWh / 100 km.
    What's that mean for the uneducated here?

-The first impression of the car also gives everyone who is waiting for ID.3 1 ST to look forward to:

- The car seems very cash and sporty on the road, it has performance in the GTE class . At the same time, it seems like a bigger car than it is, almost a bit like an SUV. You are sitting tall, have a good overview, and the suspension comfort is very good. Not least, it has been quiet, Hekneby comments.

https://www.volkswagen.no/no/elbil/siste-nytt/forste-testtur-med-id3-i-norge.html?fbclid=IwAR0riX0Mfu2ZmEQyMdwc4TfhN7c_2X12HciBEJCwa6Gb88dgY792mj3tCys

Sounds good, so far anyway. 414km on full tank:)

Edit:. I see its from VW, so I believe nothing......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcdlWSVXkAApgI7.jpg

Entry level 1st. Looks good IMO.

There's a massive amount of room over the wheels, it's really jacked up compared to a golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gazzler82

I cancelled my ID3 order as having a 3rd. Slightly off topic but outside of a model S any other suggestions for a family BEV for 3 under 3.5!! Current plan is a new SMax but open to suggestions

Is it mainly city driving or do you live in the country...5008 will fit 3 child seats across the middle seat all with ISO fix. I'd go for a 7 seater of some kind what ever you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Is it mainly city driving or do you live in the country...5008 will fit 3 child seats across the middle seat all with ISO fix. I'd go for a 7 seater of some kind what ever you do.

5008 is a gorgeous looking motor, inside and out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

rx8 wrote: »
    5008 is a gorgeous looking motor, inside and out.

They asked for a BEV. Although an electric 5008 is coming. Sometime.

Advertisement