Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

KCross wrote: »
    Try another dealer. I've been offered a test drive before committing.

Me too, but worded differently. I'll be able to back out after a test drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

In other news it appears there will be no Seat El-Born based on the ID3 and instead there will be a Cupra with a Cupra sized purchase price. VAG want to maximise profit and it appears selling a "Felt spec" ID3 badged as a Cupra is more profitable than a base model Seat El Born.

Possibly but this is all rumour. 100 x Cupra's at a higher margin vs 5,000 base el-born at a lower margin, why wouldn't they want both?! It's not as if Seat has an abundance of electric golf size cars in their line up to avoid EU fines. They need numbers badly. At least that's what I hope. I can't afford a Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gazzler82

Is it mainly city driving or do you live in the country...5008 will fit 3 child seats across the middle seat all with ISO fix. I'd go for a 7 seater of some kind what ever you do.

Generally longest trip would be to my folks c 64k round trip. Ya looking at 5008 and SMax wife’s preference is SMax as she has Cmax and she’ll be the primary driver!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Why cancel it? I have 4 in back of eGolf

3 month, 3, 5, 7 ages :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gazzler82

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Cause we are now changing her car and not mine!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Shefwedfan wrote: »

how does that work :confused::P

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Cyrus wrote: »
    how does that work :confused::P

Multimac.

mitsubishi_outlander_3_orig_large.jpg

And he forgot to mention that he, his wife and all his kids are from the Pygmee tribe :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Miscreant

unkel wrote: »
    Multimac.

mitsubishi_outlander_3_orig_large.jpg

And he forgot to mention that he, his wife and all his kids are from the Pygmee tribe :pac:

A friend of mine had one of these for his 4 kids in the back of an Octavia. It was great while the kids were small and until number 5 came along.... He had to get a bigger jalopy then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 seant5215

Hi Guys,

For anybody that has confirmed their order with VW, has this reflected in the VW online Portal?
    Does it confirm the order or still direct you to "Choose your car and convert to order"?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

seant5215 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

For anybody that has confirmed their order with VW, has this reflected in the VW online Portal?
    Does it confirm the order or still direct you to "Choose your car and convert to order"?

Thanks!

Got this email back from VW after I confirmed order

By redeeming your registration number ‘edit’ , you have successfully ordered your ID.3 1ST Special Edition. You will be among the very first pre-bookers to receive their exclusive ID.3 1ST Special Edition.

I hadn’t checked the portal but it says

The voucher has been redeemed.
    Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

Hi Guys,

Thanks!

Can you link to the online portal? never knew there was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 seant5215

Can you link to the online portal? never knew there was one.

It's the link into the pre-booking Portal, it was due to reflect the order status.

https://www.volkswagen.ie/app/prebooking/id3/vw-ie/en

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

It's the link into the pre-booking Portal, it was due to reflect the order status.

https://www.volkswagen.ie/app/prebooking/id3/vw-ie/en

Just checked and mine is showing the same as Jack Lemmon above. Ordered on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is it just me or is the 1st edition now looking like bad value the normal ones seem cheaper and better equipped. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. Also delivery in October so not much of a delivery time frame difference.

sales of ID.3 start on July 20

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/press-releases/emission-free-mobility-for-all-sales-of-id3-start-on-july-20-6229?fbclid=IwAR0Jt9b1yrxSqyoPyCUDrp5SbTIXFMFjuJ1ToZHnDAKj3ab7KyUv50ExvtA

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Is it just me or is the 1st edition now looking like bad value the normal ones seem cheaper and better equipped. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. Also delivery in October so not much of a delivery time frame difference.

sales of ID.3 start on July 20

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/press-releases/emission-free-mobility-for-all-sales-of-id3-start-on-july-20-6229?fbclid=IwAR0Jt9b1yrxSqyoPyCUDrp5SbTIXFMFjuJ1ToZHnDAKj3ab7KyUv50ExvtA

Hard to tell much from that article as the spec and pricing won’t translate to Ireland.

Don’t think you’ll get a series production model in 2020 here either. The sweet spot is still the 1st trim level here for €34k.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

I assume the price listed is after German grants, if so the price range for the 7 available models is:
    ID.3 "ProPerformance" for €35,574.95
    ID.3 “Life” for €37,787.72
    ID.3 “Style” for €40,946.04
    ID.3 “Business” for €41,287.22
    ID.3 “Family” for €42,305.87
    ID.3 “Tech” for €44,810
    ID.3 "Max" for €43,680.32
    or longer range:
    ID.3 “Tour” for €45,917.48 (not sure what the €40,936.31 price is for)
    I just thought listing them together would be easier for people to see the price range.
    1st edition has a €7K jump between each trim so this is interesting as the cheapest to most expensive difference is only €8,106. I'm sure the VRT and other Irish Tax regimes will trash this quickly but it makes the choice more interesting than a 7K jump each time. I'd consider anything €35K but would pay a little more if it was worth it. LED Matrix headlights only kick in with the Style @ €41K though. Hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shango

But they dont get the badge.... thats gotta be worth 10k at least.....in 100 or so years...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

mike_2009 wrote: »
    I assume the price listed is after German grants, if so the price range for the 7 available models is:
    ID.3 "ProPerformance" for €35,574.95
    ID.3 “Life” for €37,787.72
    ID.3 “Style” for €40,946.04
    ID.3 “Business” for €41,287.22
    ID.3 “Family” for €42,305.87
    ID.3 “Tech” for €44,810
    ID.3 "Max" for €43,680.32
    or longer range:
    ID.3 “Tour” for €45,917.48 (not sure what the €40,936.31 price is for)
    I just thought listing them together would be easier for people to see the price range.
    1st edition has a €7K jump between each trim so this is interesting as the cheapest to most expensive difference is only €8,106. I'm sure the VRT and other Irish Tax regimes will trash this quickly but it makes the choice more interesting than a 7K jump each time. I'd consider anything €35K but would pay a little more if it was worth it. LED Matrix headlights only kick in with the Style @ €41K though. Hmm...

assuming they will follow the trend all cars will be prepped for the matrix head lights and you can pay after to enable them...but who knows

supposed to be an option on the tron but audi havent got a store live yet!

I wouldn't be so sure there after grant prices, it would make the entry mode 45k before grants which I doubt very much it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I thought there was going to be an ID3 close to 30k?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Those are all ProPerformance based models, i.e. 58 kWh battery and the 150 kW motor upgrade.
    The 30,000 model was the 45 kWh battery and 93 kW motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

A video showing a few views of the entry level 1st..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtWuwis5_hg

JPA wrote: »
    I thought there was going to be an ID3 close to 30k?

The Pure entry-level model with a range of up to 330 km (WLTP) will be available at a price of less than €30,000 a few months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

mike_2009 wrote: »

So prices for Ireland based on following calculation, add 9480 German grant, divide by 1.16 to remove German VAT, multiply by 1.23 to add Irish VAT, multiply by 1.14 to add Irish VRT and deduct 10k for VRT rebate and SEAI grant:

ID.3 "ProPerformance" for €44,462
    ID.3 “Life” for €47,137
    ID.3 “Style” for €50,955
    ID.3 “Business” for €51,367
    ID.3 “Family” for €52,598
    ID.3 “Tech” for €55,625
    ID.3 "Max" for €54,260
    or longer range:
    ID.3 “Tour” for €56,964

liamog wrote: »
    Those are all ProPerformance based models, i.e. 58 kWh battery and the 150 kW motor upgrade.

Part of the 30,000 “preorders” I wonder............

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

liamog wrote: »

Thanks, a confusing amount of options will be available it seems to me.

September1 wrote: »
    So prices for Ireland based on following calculation, add 9480 German grant, divide by 1.16 to remove German VAT, multiply by 1.23 to add Irish VAT, multiply by 1.14 to add Irish VRT and deduct 10k for VRT rebate and SEAI grant:

ID.3 “Life” for €47,137
    ID.3 “Style” for €50,955
    ID.3 “Tech” for €55,625
    ID.3 "Max" for €54,260
    or longer range:
    ID.3 “Tour” for €56,964

Looks like the pro Performance and the style will be priced similar to the base 1st and Plus. But they are throwing in a few extras to the firsts like two tone paint.

eagerv wrote: »
    Looks like the pro Performance and the style will be priced similar to the base 1st and Plus. But they are throwing in a few extras to the firsts like two tone paint.

There way more expensive than the 1st, 10k of grants are included in the prices they posted.

See September1's post above, where he estimated Irish prices converting from the German ones. On the higher spec ones there would be some residual VRT also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

September1 wrote: »

ID.3 “Life” for €47,137
    ID.3 “Style” for €50,955
    ID.3 “Tech” for €55,625
    ID.3 "Max" for €54,260
    or longer range:
    ID.3 “Tour” for €56,964

Why are you adding the German grant to the non grant German prices?

The ProPerfromance is effectively the ID.3 1st without the special styling, so no way will it come in at 10,000 more than the 1st pre orders.

Advertisement