Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I work out that if the base model will cost under 30k i.e €29,995 then the step up from 100kw to 150kw and 46kwh to 58 is €6500
    At 19% VAT in the new year the lowest spec 150kw/58kwh id3 which is basically empty of all extras will cost €36495 in Germany.
    The motor costs them no more so you are paying €6500 for 12kwh of extra battery.

Yep, that's the price after the VAT increase before any incentives are applied, once you add the manufacturer contribution and their ecogrant it's an on the road price of around 27k which is a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

liamog wrote: »
    Yep, that's the price after the VAT increase before any incentives are applied, once you add the manufacturer contribution and their ecogrant it's an on the road price of around 27k which is a great price.

That's a lot cheaper than the 1st, the 1st pricing is terrible now in comparison. It's offering less for more money which is redicilous when it's possible they could be delivered within a few weeks of each other.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

What's the pricing for the 1st, 1st Plus and 1st Max in Germany after the new grants?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tlq-Rvywws

A lot of questions at the end of this vid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

So how hard would it be to get your deposit back off the local dealer? I don't mean the pre bookers one with VW Ireland.

Those prices make the 1st look massively overpriced.

• Advertisement

Jesus if you were to let them keep the deposit you'd still be better off. They've a mess on their hands now.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Mr Q wrote: »
    So how hard would it be to get your deposit back off the local dealer? I don't mean the pre bookers one with VW Ireland.

I’m thinking the same thing.
    As drunk monkey said even if they kept the €1000 you would still be better off.

How, the German prices on the 1st's (before the EcoGrant) are
    ID.3 1st - €35,506.72
    ID.3 1st Plus - €41,355.45
    ID.3 1st Max - €45,254.64

Roughly speaking in line with the series model

ID.3 ProPerformance - €35,574.95 (the basic series model for now)
    ID.3 Business - €41,287.22
    ID.3 Max - €43,680.32

I can see why your legitimately annoyed about not getting much better for the reservation, but it's a hardly a wallet destroying difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

ID.3 1st - €35,506.72

ID.3 ProPerformance €35,574.95 (the basic series model for now)
    ID.3 Business €41,287.22
    ID.3 Max - €43,680.32

But we don't know all then specs for series model do we? What wheels? Is paint/delivery included etc.

My point is that it's broadly aligned with the 1st pricing. In almost no way are you worst off by keeping the 1st, unless their is a particular combination of packages that would of worked out cheaper for you.

• Advertisement

kris_2021 wrote: »
    But we don't know all then specs for series model do we? What wheels? Is paint/delivery included etc.

The paint selection is terrible in the 1st, delivery isn't included in the 1st pricing it's extra.
    The Style for 40k roughly 42k here before grants makes the 1st plus redundant as a purchase option from what I can see.

The 1st movers club would want to come with a few thousand euro in the glovebox.

My point is that it's broadly aligned with the 1st pricing. In almost no way are you worst off by keeping the 1st, unless their is a particular combination of packages that would of worked out cheaper for you.

Well some speculates that standard prices are before incentive....

ID.3 1st - €35,506.72

ID.3 ProPerformance - €35,574.95 (the basic series model for now)
    ID.3 Business - €41,287.22
    ID.3 Max - €43,680.32

I can see why your legitimately annoyed about not getting much better for the reservation, but it's a hardly a wallet destroying difference.

Volkswagen.de has the 1st max at €48,500

https://www.volkswagen.de/de/modelle-und-konfigurator/id3-1st.html#MOFA

"Electrifying dynamics
    The exclusive special edition ID.3 1 ST accelerates from 0 to 100 km / h in just 7.3 seconds 11 . No switching, no delay. But pure torque. And from the beginning. This means you are even two seconds faster on the road than with the series version, which is already sporty."

This does not look likely to be true as all mid battery series cars are 7.3 secs

The ID3 Max is a different car to the 1st Max, the 1st Max is probably the worst pick of the bunch now.

Go through the configurator and apply the manufacturer bonus.

519913.PNG

The ID3 Max is a different car to the 1st Max, the 1st Max is probably the worst pick of the bunch now.

Apart from the price and steel wheels what is the difference - and some 1st stickers

"Electrifying dynamics
    The exclusive special edition ID.3 1 ST accelerates from 0 to 100 km / h in just 7.3 seconds 11 . No switching, no delay. But pure torque. And from the beginning. This means you are even two seconds faster on the road than with the series version, which is already sporty."

There are two motors available the 150kW (all 1st's and currently discussed series models) and then a 110kW motor that will be available later.

Go through the configurator and apply the manufacturer bonus.

519913.PNG

Yeah thats the price for the 1st but I was quoting the max which is

1st
    From € 38,986.72 incl.VAT 30
    1st Plus
    From € 44,835.45 incl.VAT 30
    1st Max
    From € 48,734.62 incl.VAT 30

Manufacturers bonus reduces this by circa 3000 giving your figure for he 1st

I’m scratching my head trying to figure out what was the point of it all. If the pre bookers gave €1000 deposit 15 months ago to “reserve a car” only to find out now you can get one in October with a very similar configuration for possibly less money..... bizarre!!

• Advertisement

There are two motors available the 150kW (all 1st's and currently discussed series models) and then a 110kW motor that will be available later.

yep the 1st is supposed to have a two second advantage over the series model that is going on sale on the 20th of July, but that clearly is not the case in this Pdf

https://www.facebook.com/groups/514077975814912/permalink/692643117958396

Yeah thats the price for the 1st but I was quoting the max which is

That's the point I'm making, the German series prices from the press release look like they are aligned with the 1st prices with the manufacturer discount priced in.

So in other words, it doesn't look like anybody is getting screwed by purchasing a 1st edition, but it also doesn't look like there is a huge advantage (excluding the lease discount)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

That's the point I'm making, the German series prices from the press release look like they are aligned with the 1st prices with the manufacturer discount priced in.

So in other words, it doesn't look like anybody is getting screwed by purchasing a 1st edition, but it also doesn't look like there is a huge advantage (excluding the lease discount)

It would be good if we are one of the countries to get the non 1st pricing on July 20th. At least then we would know the actual difference.

The youtube video someone linked earlier had the pricing at a much larger gap, 26.1k for the cheapest version after German grants.

I am sure the fog will clear over the next few days, but whatever the conclusion is VW have certainly grasped defeat from the claws of victory in the PR department.

I for one am reconsidering the whole thing and may let the dust settle, luckily didn't sign anything when ordering.

I for one am reconsidering the whole thing and may let the dust settle, luckily didn't sign anything when ordering.

Was it only people who were getting finance needed to sign something, I didn't sign anything either.

Was it only people who were getting finance needed to sign something, I didn't sign anything either.

I was going with traditional PCP with a trade in.
    Didn’t have to sign anything. Just sent an email confirming choice of colour etc.

I was going with traditional PCP with a trade in.
    Didn’t have to sign anything. Just sent an email confirming choice of colour etc.

Same here. Went for pcp and did not sign anything.

The youtube video someone linked earlier had the pricing at a much larger gap, 26.1k for the cheapest version after German grants.

Would it be an ID.3 without unfounded speculation and rumours running around :D, personally I think it's too much of a coincidence that the roughly equivalent series model to the 1st and 1st Plus is around the same price when the manufacturer discount is included as the press release which are some are speculating does not.

It's relevant to us trying to work out the prices because ours will be roughly converted from the base price.

No, 33k is price gouging(because German tax payers are financing this) for a car that is so empty of extras there is an echo inside.
    Apart from leaving the bumpers unpainted they have really followed the Dacia Sandero speccing strategy.

I sat in a GTline e208 today and it is a much more upmarket feeling car than the ID3 I was in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

kris_2021 wrote: »
    Same here. Went for pcp and did not sign anything.

Yep, didn’t sign anything, got my voucher redeemed and money refunded.

Advertisement