Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cillian Murphy's looking rough

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

What a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Complete and utter kunt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Ruth, of Spring Garden Street, North Strand, Dublin has 158 previous convictions, mostly for shoplifting and public order offences.

Sounds like the sort of lady you'd invite round to the bridge club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

She's just misunderstood, hard life, probably abused as a child etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

What's that got to do with Cillian Murphy? Tell me like Im thick. Cos I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Ah here sur she was ownly loookin for de coffee like....

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

"Keep the peace" and "158 previous convictions" don't seem to go hand in hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

s4uv3 wrote: »
    What's that got to do with Cillian Murphy? Tell me like Im thick. Cos I am.

OP is implying that this odious cretin looks like our Cillian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Should be an automatic double sentence for attacking people at their work, as self defence could result in being fired or the company being sued.

antodeco wrote: »

OH.............MY..................GAWD.......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

It might be 159th time lucky. :rolleyes:

RMAOK wrote: »
    It might be 159th time lucky. :rolleyes:

Lets hope because we are the world that has to live with her.

Joke is on us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

novel thread title

and I agree, crimes which cause or potentially cause physical harm should be sentenced severely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Starting at 18 and now 40 years old, 158 convictions works out to one roughly every 7 weeks.

What is the average judges salary and how many hours is the average small case? Just the costs racked up from judges' pay alone due to her must be astronomical.

Though they have likely come bunches, going off averages her last conviction would have been about March 20th, this one this week, and she'll be due another conviction around June 26th. Just to give a bit of perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

a mother of 2? sure it wasnt aged 40 a grandmother of 2?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Sounds like the sort of lady you'd invite round to the bridge club.

That the drinking club under the bridge on the canal?

This is the worst bit...
    Her victim impact statement was handed into court but not read out.

I mean, what's the actual fukcing point of sitting down to write that out when the judge can't be arsed reading it out.

She'll be released by Christmas anyway, it'll keep the legal profession in business in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

I worked in retail for a long time and there is no way would I approach anyone who was barred or robbing etc - because of cretins like this - (and it wasn’t my job to) I used to feel sorry for the security guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Lucky for her we have a 200 strikes and you're out policy. So 42 more convictions and we've got her. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

How much do you suppose 159 convictions cost the country, from prosecution, and to from the look of her free legal aid.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Christ. What a scumbag. Her kids needs a foster home

sk8erboii wrote: »
    Christ. What a scumbag. Her kids needs a foster home

that's the biggest crime, that she is allowed to breed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

158 convictions and no rehabilitation. We are some soft touch country.

Revolving door policy with all those convictions. Legal profession milking it for every penny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Varik wrote: »
    How much do you suppose 159 convictions cost the country, from prosecution, and to from the look of her free legal aid.

The banks, the banks, the banks...some do gooder will be along to say the banks cost much more than these individuals cost us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Our justice system really is a complete farce. Could have caused life-altering injuries.

The banks, the banks, the banks...some do gooder will be along to say the banks cost much more than these individuals cost us.
    Do you want the maths or not?

The people who say that have things like "numbers" and "facts" and other such lefty notions behind them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Do you want the maths or not?

The people who say that have things like "numbers" and "facts" and other such lefty notions behind them

So we should throw good money after bad on ‘people’ like her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Thanks to the bleeding hearts, we have to share the streets with these filth. 18months with time suspended thanks to her plea and remorse. I wonder if it was a judge getting attacked by two already barred scum bags, would there be time off for feeling "remorse" (after running away, not staying to check on the victim)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

There really needs to be a line where if they go above a certain number of convictions they get led out the back of the court to be “disappeared”.

theteal wrote: »
    There really needs to be a line where if they go above a certain number of convictions they get led out the back of the court to be “disappeared”.

The penal colonies really weren't that bad of an idea

There are parts of the world that surely this lady would improve just by her presence.

sdanseo wrote: »
    The penal colonies really weren't that bad of an idea

There are parts of the world that surely this lady would improve just by her presence.

Maybe drop her into an active volcano?

• Advertisement

Not at all. Someone just asked about the banks, and my only contribution to this thread is on the billions they've cost. I'll gladly rehearse them if asked!

Maybe drop her into an active volcano?

That or land her in a favella in Brasil. Or a back yard in Compton.
    She can be free but would have to fend for herself.
    Let Darwin sort things out

There are no bad people only bad owners!

In this type of case I’m all in favour of an eye for and eye type justice.

The scruffy tramp looks like she could do with a wash and a face peel.

What a mouldy old scumbag thing to do to someone. I hope she gets pushed into the Liffey with a spike in her back. Good enough for her. Pure scum.

• Advertisement

Shane MacGowan's let himself go.

It’s funny when the reference is to someone who had something to let go in the first place.

‘She looks like Shane McGowan’ is what you’re saying then, right?

Here, have a sympathy smile: :)

3/10 for effort.

Shane MacGowan's let himself go.

No, that is a picture of criminal Michelle Ruth. An easy mistake to make, though, so don’t feel bad about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

JayZeus wrote: »
    It’s funny when the reference is to someone who had something to let go in the first place.

‘She looks like Shane McGowan’ is what you’re saying then, right?

Here, have a sympathy smile: :)

3/10 for effort.

*Whoosh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I hear women's prison is pretty rough, it'll scare her right off the crime.

*Whoosh*

Wow. Twice.

You’re like that fella in the pub who starts telling the same joke someone else told, minutes after everyone just heard it and had a good laugh.

It may be funny the first time, but not the second when everyone, everyone know the punchline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

JayZeus wrote: »
    Wow. Twice.

You’re like that fella in the pub who starts telling the same joke someone else told, minutes after everyone just heard it and had a good laugh.

It may be funny the first time, but not the second when everyone, everyone know the punchline.

You actually seem angry now. Relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

The type who should be cleaning bedpans and wiping oaps arses for her dole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The type who should be cleaning bedpans and wiping oaps arses for her dole.

I'm not sure you want someone like that dealing with the vulnerable. The time inside might give her children some respite.

You actually seem angry now. Relax.

You’re not great at reading the room either. As I’ve told you before, it’s hard to be angry with someone when I’m laughing at them.

At, not with.

kowloon wrote: »
    I'm not sure you want someone like that dealing with the vulnerable. The time inside might give her children some respite.

That animal is better suited to forced labour on a chain gang. Give me a whip and a Winchester and I’ll get my own horse and Stetson.

• Advertisement
Advertisement