Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

They have a presale tbf for those who want to pay less. Otherwise I'd agree that the regular prices are a tad high, particularly with Ticketm*ster.

I havent seen, did they do the 10 euro ticket offer which happened on previous years?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Purist98

So, Byrne 2 or Frawley?
    I'd like Byrne but I think Ciaran might cover a few more places.

For this weekend Frawley. He was reserve at the weekend while Byrne was released for AIL before being pulled due to a tight hammy, which to me suggests that Frawley is ahead of him, at least in terms of Europe. His ability to play 12 and 15 is probably a factor in that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Some reduced tickets :
    South Premium down from €71 to €55
    Side-line down from €49 to €38

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/leinster/EN//buy/staticmap/AV19NORT

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Which other stadium in Ireland could cater for the crowd, or bring in that revenue? Plus the IRFU own it so they don't have to pay any rental fee's which they would if going to another stadium

I probably shouldn't ask but - what on earth are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I havent seen, did they do the 10 euro ticket offer which happened on previous years?

they did, myself and a few mates got them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Selection is going to be an interesting one. Deegan played well against Lyon and Benneton. He could feel aggrieved at losing his spot to Doris. Select him to start and he'll play like he has a point to prove. Same with Furlong. His class isn't in doubt, but right now Porter is ahead of him on merit. Leinster are in a great spot with regards to squad competition right now.

Doris has been doing media stuff so if there's anything to be read into that he could be likely to start. I thought he was outstanding on Saturday and I'd be starting him again for sure. I think he's on his way to being an international, not necessarily this season but not too far in the future either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Would be very harsh to drop/rotate Doris now. Likewise Porter.

Would expect Tracy and R Byrne to replace Kelleher and Sexton, otherwise unchanged - assuming Ryan passes RTP. I imagine it's too soon for Cronin to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Did Kelleher actually break his hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Tea time KO helps, 40k tickets sold wont reflect the atmosphere in the stadium as it's an event junkie event before Christmas drinks annual event for some regardless of who is playing etc but who cares, is still money aferall even if they don't all watch the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

As ever, the tickets are too expensive. The whole point of having this match in Lansdowne is to bring in people who wouldn't regularly attend games. The upper East/West stands are 50 euro each, it just is too much for someone to spend on a whim imo. This happens at every bloody club game in Lansdowne. I think they'd be far better served by having it cheaper, a full stadium, a better atmosphere etc.

But they're not too expensive.

If they were then people wouldn't buy them and they'd be cheaper.

They are as expensive as the market currently allows.

What happens at "every blood club game in Lansdowne" is the tickets are priced as they are, thousands of people attend (the lowest recorded Leinster game in the Aviva was 38,500 against Quins years back)

Just because you don't like how much something is, doesn't make it expensive. I'd much rather my pint cost €2.50 but it costs a fiver because that's what the market dictates

But they're not too expensive.

If they were then people wouldn't buy them and they'd be cheaper.

They are as expensive as the market currently allows.

What happens at "every blood club game in Lansdowne" is the tickets are priced as they are, thousands of people attend (the lowest recorded Leinster game in the Aviva was 38,500 against Quins years back)

There's no reason for this match to not sell out, it should be the aim and it should be priced accordingly. They clearly aren't priced at a level the market can bear or else there wouldn't be 10k tickets left for sale 3 days before the match.
    Just because you don't like how much something is, doesn't make it expensive. I'd much rather my pint cost €2.50 but it costs a fiver because that's what the market dictates

I have a ticket and I'm going so I don't know what this rubbish is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

There's no reason for this match to not sell out, it should be the aim and it should be priced accordingly. They clearly aren't priced at a level the market can bear or else there wouldn't be 10k tickets left for sale 3 days before the match.

I have a ticket and I'm going so I don't know what this rubbish is about.

Is not too expensive then :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

There's no reason for this match to not sell out

have leinster actually even sold out a christmas pool game in the aviva?

as was mentioned previously, our lowest christmas attendance in the aviva was against saints... they simply are not a big draw... the occasion is more of a draw than the opposition.

look at the attendances over the last 8 years

2011 bath 46k
    2012 clermont 49k
    2013 saints 47k
    2014 quins 38.5K
    2015 Toulon 45K
    2016 saints 38.5K
    2017 exeter 40K
    2018 bath 40K

so its quite steady.... no sell outs.

anything over 40k at this will be seen as a success.. and i expect it to be in the high 40's

Is not too expensive then :rolleyes:

Are you soft in the head? I have at no point complained that I can't afford or get a ticket. My issue, to spell it out again, is with the thousands of empty seats we'll see on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

sydthebeat wrote: »

the occasion is more of a draw than the opposition.

Exactly. Its about the beer and not the match. So I don't want to see any posts about people getting up and down for beers during the game or being on their phones throughout. I expect all of you who are going to let everyone just enjoy the occasion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Exactly. Its about the beer and not the match. So I don't want to see any posts about people getting up and down for beers during the game or being on their phones throughout. I expect all of you who are going to let everyone just enjoy the occasion :D

There will be a match thread of 20 pages and 19 will be about people going to the bar/toilet... :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

You could equally argue that if it does sell out, they've priced it too cheaply.

Obviously there's a balance to be struck, but a sell-out doesn't automatically mean they've gotten the pricing strategy correct.

The Christmas game is used by a huge group of non-committed rugby fans. Probably a nice term.

I remember sitting in stadium, wrapped up like Michelen man and a lady sitting beside me in a skirt/top and a small jacket. Needless to say she lasted about 10-20 mins and was gone. Never to return.

You will also have a huge Christmas party crowd that use it as the start off of the night. So yes trips to the toilets are a high percentage.

The die hard fans will moan. Leinster and IRFU don't care as they roll around in the money. Not just from the tickets, but also from the bar. I have used the premium seats the last few years and the bar can be busier than the pubs after the game. Some people dont even bother walking from the bar as they have a great view of the tv :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Instant personality test:

Are there thousands of empty seats or are there tens of thousands of occupied seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

The Christmas game is used by a huge group of non-committed rugby fans. Probably a nice term.

I remember sitting in stadium, wrapped up like Michelen man and a lady sitting beside me in a skirt/top and a small jacket. Needless to say she lasted about 10-20 mins and was gone. Never to return.

You will also have a huge Christmas party crowd that use it as the start off of the night. So yes trips to the toilets are a high percentage.

The die hard fans will moan. Leinster and IRFU don't care as they roll around in the money. Not just from the tickets, but also from the bar. I have used the premium seats the last few years and the bar can be busier than the pubs after the game. Some people dont even bother walking from the bar as they have a great view of the tv :-)

And the "die hard fans" get benefit from the revenue generated as it is reinvested in the teams/clubs. Commercial success if every bit important as anything else when it comes to success of rugby in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Instant personality test:

Are there thousands of empty seats or are there tens of thousands of occupied seats?

Schrodinger's Seating. Both are true......:D

Uriel. wrote: »
    And the "die hard fans" get benefit from the revenue generated as it is reinvested in the teams/clubs. Commercial success if every bit important as anything else when it comes to success of rugby in Ireland.

Please note I’m not complaining, standardly it’s a bonus win for Leinster and a bit of a laugh had by all

As you said lots of revenue generated which filters down into the game

Devin Toner interviewed on the rugby pod, credited Lancaster with being a major factor in our defense over the last couple of years, I know we've heard the likes of Sexton etc reference the work he's done with the backs, but just thought it was interesting to hear how he's having a big effect on both sides of the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone who has a link to the Leinster Season Ticket Holder Pre-sale for Leinster v Munster (https://www.ticketmaster.ie/guinness-pro14-leinster-rugby-v-munster-rugby-dublin-18-04-2020/event/18005785859F3D60) would mind PM'ing me the link please?

Many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,589 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Devin Toner interviewed on the rugby pod, credited Lancaster with being a major factor in our defense over the last couple of years, I know we've heard the likes of Sexton etc reference the work he's done with the backs, but just thought it was interesting to hear how he's having a big effect on both sides of the ball.

Is this a dedicated Leinster podcast? Must look it up. I fly through the off the ball, 42, irish times, left wing etc so always good to have another one on the list.

Is this a dedicated Leinster podcast? Must look it up. I fly through the off the ball, 42, irish times, left wing etc so always good to have another one on the list.

Its "the rugby pod " with Andy goode, Jim Hamilton and Andy roe.

It can be very funny sometimes.... England based so mainly premiership.. But it's definitely one I listen to all the time.

Another is the eggchasers, if you're looking to add to your list.

• Advertisement

Nah it's Andy Goode and Jim Hamilton

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement