Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Everyone knows this.

It in no way ameliorates the fact that its complete ****.

How you managed to throw a word like that into a sentence on a Friday morning is a serious feat. Bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

The fact the interpos are so **** is a disgrace tbh. Consistently some of the top teams in the league playing Mickey mouse teams shouldn't happen.
    Joy's of a cross border league. Teams will want games around Christmas/new years. Beat to have interpros than cross country games. No?
    guapos wrote: »
    Would be better if we got rid of the extra games for Inter pros and freed up some rest time for the players. The teams and fans will survive without seeing Leinster b V munster b.
    would they? These games still better attended than many other games in the season so it would be mad to lose out on that

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

Even when they have their first choice out Scarlets and Glasgow for example are not as good as they were 3 years ago.
    Hogg going down South etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Everyone knows this.

It in no way ameliorates the fact that its complete ****.

You must be one of the few people in Ireland who didn’t go on the beer last night :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Joy's of a cross border league. Teams will want games around Christmas/new years. Beat to have interpros than cross country games. No?

would they? These games still better attended than many other games in the season so it would be mad to lose out on that

Thought that there was no borders in Irish rugby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

RobbieRuns wrote: »

That’s exactly the point he was making, rather than have people crossing borders during the Christmas period they keep all the matches local as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

RobbieRuns wrote: »

Pretty sure going to Italy and South Africa requires crossing borders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭rob w

Hi,

I have 2 tickets for tonight's game in the RDS. Can't make it last minute, good seats in grandstand. €60 for the two if you know anyone looking for some.

Won't be able to meet up can can email pdfs and take payment through Revolut or PayPal.

Thanks

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Leinster 1/20 on for tonight?! I thought they’re favourites but that seems excessive.

Trojan wrote: »
    Leinster 1/20 on for tonight?! I thought they’re favourites but that seems excessive.

Not really. Really weak Ulster squad, vs a fairly strong Leinster pack with internationals and a decent backline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Trojan wrote: »

Given the line ups, its not that excessive.

Jack Aungier out with illness, Salanoa up to bench for probable debut.

After wondering about Kelleher coming back to Leinster I have to say he’s been looking very good in the few chances he’s got and he’s been getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

It's a bit sad seeing Kearney struggle so much for pace. He's still covering the positions he should be. But if there's any unexpected development in a game, such as the Ulster intercept, he is unable to react quickly enough.

salmocab wrote: »
    After wondering about Kelleher coming back to Leinster I have to say he’s been looking very good in the few chances he’s got and he’s been getting better.

He was great today, great step and pace. Made a couple of outstanding breaks (in fairness Ulster's defence were fairly poor) but still.

On a side note, fairly poor performance by Rob Kearney. He wasn't bad overall, but given the opposition and his omission from the Irish team and being benched against Northampton it won't have been the performance he was looking for. Got burned fairly badly by Faddes and his attempt at a cover tackle was just bad, he had one nice break but he sort of did his usual thing of crabbing and then straightening every time he got the ball. He just can't pass when going into contact unlike a lot of our backline.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I don't remember a Leinster squad with as much pace in the backline. We've a lot of young players trying to settle into the squad. Catering our tactics so our young backs have space to speed into is a great way of giving them confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭redmca2

On a side note, fairly poor performance by Rob Kearney. He wasn't bad overall, but given the opposition and his omission from the Irish team and being benched against Northampton it won't have been the performance he was looking for. Got burned fairly badly by Faddes and his attempt at a cover tackle was just bad, he had one nice break but he sort of did his usual thing of crabbing and then straightening every time he got the ball. He just can't pass when going into contact unlike a lot of our backline.

Whereas Deegan, who is under pressure mainly from Dorris, has really upped his game and could easily have been man of the match tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    yeah, everyone will be talking about. in between all the tries, that constant murmur that'll you hear from the crowd will be all talk about FormerFormer not being there.

Can confirm, talk of the terrace.

How many Leinster origin players used by Ulster, I ask because I had a few Ulster types moaning Yesterday about the dross they are getting from Leinster.
    Seven last night?
    When asked about Cooney they just don't answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

antietam1 wrote: »
    How many Leinster origin players used by Ulster, I ask because I had a few Ulster types moaning Yesterday about the dross they are getting from Leinster.
    Seven last night?
    When asked about Cooney they just don't answer.

At the end of the day they are all Irish!!! that's all that matters

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    At the end of the day they are all Irish!!! that's all that matters

Delighted they are getting a chance somewhere instead of packing it in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I really enjoy the fixtures where the new generation gets a chance. It really seems to me that the quality is better now than in previous years. The knock on effect is that some lads may leave and go to another province. Overall, that's great for Irish rugby Watching across the provinces, it'sclear that the future generation is quite good. I think all the provinces will be better with these new lads coming through. Next weekend, I hope we mix and match. Would like to see Keenan at fb, J.O.B and Penny involved. Frawley to start and Adam Byrne given a run out.

JOB went off for a HIA after the collision with VDF, likely won't see him next weekend due to protocols.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

JOB went off for a HIA after the collision with VDF, likely won't see him next weekend due to protocols.

That was Tommy O Brien

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Not sure if he failed it, he came back out after a few minutes but they seemed to leave Frawley on. Was it confirmed he failed the HIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Think we could pull a surprise this week! I was thinking we'd be thumped, but if we get going early and get the lead we could win! It will be difficult though! Hopefully we get something .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Think we could pull a surprise this week! I was thinking we'd be thumped, but if we get going early and get the lead we could win! It will be difficult though! Hopefully we get something .

We can do many things, but we can't pull off a surprise win when we're four point favourites.

errlloyd wrote: »
    We can do many things, but we can't pull off a surprise win when we're four point favourites.

I was thinking that with both teams having all World Cup player’s unavailable that Leinster’s depth would probably make us favourites alright. It’s an odd year because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Dubinusa wrote: »

Munster are resting their internationals for this match. Leinster have more depth so two extended-squad teams and a ref who isn't from Munster and used to play for Munster reffing Munster in Munster and definitely in with a shout.

Who is the ref out of interest?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Munster are resting their internationals for this match. Leinster have more depth so two extended-squad teams and a ref who isn't from Munster and used to play for Munster reffing Munster in Munster and definitely in with a shout.

Who is the ref out of interest?

You really think Frank Murphy was the reason ye lost last year? (We need a schpicy build-up thread!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement