Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Is the team announcement for Treviso today?

Tomorrow, usually only internationals are done 48 hours before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Kevski wrote: »
    Stuart Lancaster did a 50min interview for this weeks Rugby Union Weekly podcast. Worth a listen if you get a chance. Nice to hear him say that Isa is the greateat leader that he has worked with.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/rugby-union-weekly/id1197440162?i=1000462549758

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p080cl9k

I adore Stuart's content, he produces a lot. I think him and I are connected on LinkedIn somehow and he shares slides, books, tips etc. All about leadership. He seems to like Leinster and his role and I think he's damn class.

The one thing I think is a little funny is that he makes it sound like his first defensive session was a bit of a revolution. But the year before under Kurt our defense conceded the least tries it has ever conceded. Kurt was a damn good coach too. I know there is more to defense than not coneding tries. Just find it funny.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,585 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

errlloyd wrote: »

The one thing I think is a little funny is that he makes it sound like his first defensive session was a bit of a revolution. But the year before under Kurt our defense conceded the least tries it has ever conceded. Kurt was a damn good coach too. I know there is more to defense than not coneding tries. Just find it funny.

i dont think he "revolutionized" the defense though.... just the way it was trained.

No down time, no immediate Q+As, all feedback afterwards, and recap a week later. He doesnt refer to any real system change, other than setting the system up (and thus the training session) to suit who they were playing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Clegg wrote: »
    Try had it all. BOD's pop pass putting Nacewa through the gap, Nacewa's beautiful 20 metre pass whilst running at full tilt, D'Arcy's finish and Sexton telling ROG to GTFO.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1217568436273983491?s=19

BOD's forward pop pass ..... :pac: ;)

errlloyd wrote: »
    I adore Stuart's content, he produces a lot. I think him and I are connected on LinkedIn somehow and he shares slides, books, tips etc. All about leadership. He seems to like Leinster and his role and I think he's damn class.

Am a big fan myself, follow a lot of his content. He's so sound I almost at times feel bad having enjoyed seeing England knocked out of the World Cup. Almost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Anyone have any ideas as to who will be playing at another province next year!
    I think
    ROL maybe Munster?
    AB. Connacht?
    Keenan ? Would like to see him get more time. He's the future. RK is a pale shadow now!
    COB. MUNSTER?
    Deegan. Connacht. Walks into the 8 shirt.
    Penny. Munster? Passes Cloete very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

No chance Deegan moves. He fighting with Doris over the 8 jersey. Think COB will stay too. If Tomane leaves only Henshaw is ahead of him in the pecking order. He'll back himself to overtake him.

Penney isn't quite ready to start for any province imo. He's better off staying and developing his game. Connors is the player more likely to leave imo. He's older, more physically developed, but firmly behind VdF in the pecking order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Back row is so susceptible too injury players know they will get plenty of opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I wouldn’t be going anywhere if I were a back rower. The position is incredibly attritional. When have we ever had a fully fit back row to choose from? When have Leavy and VDF both been fit to play in the last 3 years? I’d say there was a 2 week overlap at most.

There will be plenty of opportunities and game time for everyone as stands due to injuries/Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Am a big fan myself, follow a lot of his content. He's so sound I almost at times feel bad having enjoyed seeing England knocked out of the World Cup. Almost.

I feel exactly the same with him and about 2015.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Downlinz

There will be plenty of opportunities and game time for everyone as stands due to injuries/Ireland.

But not for academy prospects pushing through, there always needs to be a gap or two given the production line.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Time to head for the airport, is 8 o’clock too early for pints? Asking for a friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

stephen_n wrote: »
    Time to head for the airport, is 8 o’clock too early for pints? Asking for a friend!

8 is more G&T territory I think

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

salmocab wrote: »
    8 is more G&T territory I think
    Bucks fizz also an option. It does have orange juice in it, so technically a breakfast drink. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Memosa topped off with eggs benedict.

My wife's favourite for breaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

No chance Deegan moves. He fighting with Doris over the 8 jersey. Think COB will stay too. If Tomane leaves only Henshaw is ahead of him in the pecking order. He'll back himself to overtake him.

Penney isn't quite ready to start for any province imo. He's better off staying and developing his game. Connors is the player more likely to leave imo. He's older, more physically developed, but firmly behind VdF in the pecking order.

Think more than likely in the coming seasons you’ll see both Deegan and Doris starting..... I think Ruddock could move on or slowly be phased out of the team, it will be Conan, Doris and Deegan on rotation for 8 and 6 and with Baird coming through Baird could also start playing a Fardy roll over 6 and second row

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Downlinz wrote: »
    But not for academy prospects pushing through, there always needs to be a gap or two given the production line.

How have Doris and Deegan broken through then?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Ridiculous that he's not been picked. On form alone, he's miles ahead of Peter O'Mahony. You're right, you wouldn't blame him at 29 heading off for a serious payday.

Think politics being played here, O'Mahony not up to the mark any more but could you imagine the flak if he was dropped!!! Disappointing that Farrell isn't prepared to make the call.

chancer12 wrote: »
    Think politics being played here, O'Mahony not up to the mark any more but could you imagine the flak if he was dropped!!! Disappointing that Farrell isn't prepared to make the call.

Or possibly the coaches had other reasons. Yes Ruddock is in much better form that POM. The least likely reason for the selection though is because they were afraid of some flack. POM’s form has appeared poor for 18 months now but he has been consistently picked in that time. He obviously contributes something that we can’t see, that the coaches value. I have no idea what it is, but it’s not some fear of a backlash.

No sign of Fardy or Rob on the plane. Starting second row probably toner and Maloney

• Advertisement

How have Doris and Deegan broken through then?

Or Connors, or Murphy, or Penny or VdF, or Leavy, or Jordi.

In the last five years we have allowed one back row of any great note to escape our clutches (Beirne) and he was knackered with injury in advance of going.

Or Connors, or Murphy, or Penny or VdF, or Leavy, or Jordi.

In the last five years we have allowed one back row of any great note to escape our clutches (Beirne) and he was knackered with injury in advance of going.

Beirne was also a second row then too.

Beirne was also a second row then too.

True story

Ryan straight back into the side. Great news.

Interesting to see Deegan in at 6 also. A portent for Ireland?

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/1218139654538612736?s=19

Ryan straight back into the side. Great news.

Interesting to see Deegan in at 6 also. A portent for Ireland?

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/1218139654538612736?s=19

Tidy

Ruddock gets the bench spot ahead of POM

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Expecting a massive performance tomorrow, few players will be looking to set down a marker ahead of the 6 Nations (namely Byrne, Toner, Deegan/Doris, Dave Kearney and Henshaw).

Really looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Love that backrow, not that I'd have the slightest issue with Ruddock starting but Deegan and Doris have been top class this season.

Deegan, VDF and Doris is possibly the quickest backrow we've ever fielded. If the front five can give them quick ball, those three can create havoc for Benneton's defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

15. Jordan Larmour (45)
    14. Dave Kearney (145)
    13. Garry Ringrose (71)
    12. Robbie Henshaw (43)
    11. James Lowe (40)
    10. Ross Byrne (83)
    9. Luke McGrath (120) CAPTAIN
    1. Cian Healy (215)
    2. Seán Cronin (177)
    3. Andrew Porter (61)