Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

James Ryan renews till 2023, not that it was in doubt but good for us and Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

stephen_n wrote: »
    James Ryan renews till 2023, not that it was in doubt but good for us and Ireland.

I was about to say it frees up a bit of cash for Leinster but I don't think Ryan would have been on a huge wedge with us (would have been a decent amount) but it was his first contract.

I was about to say it frees up a bit of cash for Leinster but I don't think Ryan would have been on a huge wedge with us (would have been a decent amount) but it was his first contract.

I’d say what we are paying increased even with the central deal on top alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Long but interesting read, apologies if already posted

https://dementedmole.com/2020/01/16/leinsters-league/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Subscribers Posts: 41,586 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

everyone get their sarries tickets this morning ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Some stress trying to get the tickets you want on ticketmaster. Settled on tickets right on halfway,upper stand, row Z. Reckon I'll be somewhat in the gods, but the view should still be decent. How far does it go back? I assume after Z it goes AA, BB etc so won't be right at top

clsmooth wrote: »
    Some stress trying to get the tickets you want on ticketmaster. Settled on tickets right on halfway,upper stand, row Z. Reckon I'll be somewhat in the gods, but the view should still be decent. How far does it go back? I assume after Z it goes AA, BB etc so won't be right at top

The middle of the stadium those seats go all the way back to JJ.

You'll be laughing in row Z. Maybe not for everyone but mid way up in the upper tier I think the views are outstanding

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The middle of the stadium those seats go all the way back to JJ.

You'll be laughing in row Z. Maybe not for everyone but mid way up in the upper tier I think the views are outstanding

Mid Way up in the upper tiers on a corner and you're disco.

Can't stand being close to any sport. You can see nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Leavy is back running again - excellent news!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8PEZ-WHsR8/?igshid=ea9ibspq8loi

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I was at the Ulster game where Leavy sustained his injury. He had just returned from another bad injury and I remember there were concerns that he would be out for 18+ months with this Injury.

It would be incredible if we see Leavy before the season's end.

• Advertisement

Would prefer to see him back next season after a good preseason rather than rush back for the end of this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Would prefer to see him back next season after a good preseason rather than rush back for the end of this season.

Yeah, if he’s worked his nuts off to get back a proper summer holiday might just be the thing for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

To be honest he should not try and play this season, unless he can play for the Leinster A or something like that

Or run out in AIL etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I'd say they might want to get him a game at some point this season - if they think he's ready for it - to see how the knee reacts. Then have the summer to assess etc.

I'd say they might want to get him a game at some point this season - if they think he's ready for it - to see how the knee reacts. Then have the summer to assess etc.

They might do, but there might be a fair amount of strength and conditioning work required on his lower body. Though if he’s running now, I’m sure by the end of April he should be up to strength again. Maybe one of the meaningless league games before the knock outs. I’m sure mentally he’d like to get back this season as I’ve heard other players describe the extended lay offs as torture.

They might do, but there might be a fair amount of strength and conditioning work required on his lower body. Though if he’s running now, I’m sure by the end of April he should be up to strength again. Maybe one of the meaningless league games before the knock outs. I’m sure mentally he’d like to get back this season as I’ve heard other players describe the extended lay offs as torture.

He talked about it at start of season, said he just had to get out of ireland for WC....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Did anyone actually manage to get one of the promotional ten euro tickets? Was online with three devices at 10am and it immediately said unavailable once you clicked in. Similar story with the south stand premium.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,586 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

thelad95 wrote: »
    Did anyone actually manage to get one of the promotional ten euro tickets? Was online with three devices at 10am and it immediately said unavailable once you clicked in. Similar story with the south stand premium.

yes i did.

took about 10 times refreshing on 2 devices, but bagged 4

sydthebeat wrote: »
    yes i did.

took about 10 times refreshing on 2 devices, but bagged 4

Anyone getting tickets for the quarter may want to have a look at the general discussion thread. More Sarries drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭KaneToad

thelad95 wrote: »

I got four of them.
    Bring on the Sarries. (Or Warriors!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭KH25

50k fine and no points deduction, so Saracens it is.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

KH25 wrote: »
    50k fine and no points deduction, so Saracens it is.

Not necessarily - I have no doubt that either or both of Racing and Glasgow will look for further review etc.

Likely won't get anywhere given the utter disruption kicking Saracens out now would cause , but they are highly unlikely to simply accept this decision and move on quietly..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭KH25

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Not necessarily - I have no doubt that either or both of Racing and Glasgow will look for further review etc.

Likely won't get anywhere given the utter disruption kicking Saracens out now would cause , but they are highly unlikely to simply accept this decision and move on quietly..

Agree about Glasgow and Racing, but also don’t see anything else happening.

Quin_Dub wrote: »

It would be a mess....supporters who have booked flights etc would want refunds.....

Saracens left it late enough to admit their error to make sure nothing could happen

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

So, we're home to Cheetahs this weekend. What kind of a sude do we expect to see??

Dooley Cronin Bent/Aungier
    Molony Fardy
    Ruddock Deegan Connors

JGP Frawley
    Tomane ROL/JOB
    Lowe Keenan DKearney

Byrne, Byrne, Aungier/Salanoa, Dowling, Murphy, McGrath, HByrne, Kelleher

molloyjh wrote: »
    So, we're home to Cheetahs this weekend. What kind of a sude do we expect to see??

Dooley Cronin Bent/Aungier
    Molony Fardy
    Ruddock Deegan Connors

JGP Frawley
    Tomane ROL/JOB
    Lowe Keenan DKearney

Byrne, Byrne, Aungier/Salanoa, Dowling, Murphy, McGrath, HByrne, Kelleher

Would like to see Baird in this. His confidence must be sky high after being involved with Ireland and it's time to see him really kick on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

Doubt Deegan will be released.

I'd say one of Doris or Deegan will be. There's no internationals this weekend and you don't want your players completely cold

• Advertisement

Deegan has 10 mins of rugby, Doris has 3 in last few weeks

They need to keep them match fit so I would expect at least 1 if not both would be released to get some mins

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement