Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Looks like it's gonna be wet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,547 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

errlloyd wrote: »
    Looks like it's gonna be wet though.

That suits Leinster more then Glasgow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

AdamD wrote: »
    SOB leaving won't be felt on the pitch, he barely plays for Leinster and has had 1 game of note this season.

Well, he started all three of our knockout games in Europe and he won't be here next season nor are we signing anyone (that we know of).

Even if you're delighted he's gone, is it not pretty clear how this still reduces our depth?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Well, he started all three of our knockout games in Europe and he won't be here next season nor are we signing anyone (that we know of).

Even if you're delighted he's gone, is it not pretty clear how this still reduces our depth?

It's just bizarre, he is obviously a loss otherwise he would not be playing. Thank god he won medals and lions tours etc or they would take that away from him too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,547 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

It's just bizarre, he is obviously a loss otherwise he would not be playing. Thank god he won medals and lions tours etc or they would take that away from him too!

Another Op?

https://twitter.com/RuaidhriOC/status/1131900808365334528?s=19

• Advertisement

Yeah maybe, he has had hip issues since he was a kid, so maybe just something he manages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

aloooof wrote: »
    What you're saying is that some would start in a specific other team.

The implication was that all would start in any other team in the world. That's just not true.

Ok let’s reduce and say they will start in every other Pro 14 side....happy?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Anyone actually around for this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Anyone actually around for this game?

In Glasgow? It was one too far for me a few months ago.

I just lost my job last week so pushing the boat out and paying through the nose for a last minute thing wasn't an option.

Shame really, I'd love to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Anyone know how strict the bag policy is at Celtic Park. Stated that its no bigger than A5 bags but I'll have an A4 sized one.

Can't believe Im asking this question!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone know how strict the bag policy is at Celtic Park. Stated that its no bigger than A5 bags but I'll have an A4 sized one.

Can't believe Im asking this question!

If it's like Murrayfield for the 6N then very - they were charging people £10 per bag to store.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭durthacht

troyzer wrote: »

I just lost my job last week so pushing the boat out and paying through the nose for a last minute thing wasn't an option.

Sorry to hear that and I hope you pick up something again soon.

durthacht wrote: »

Sorry to hear that and I hope you pick up something again soon.

Not to worry. Have my irons in a few fires.

Cheers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Heart and head say Leinster but there is a niggling feeling that Glasgow are in a similar position to Scarlets a couple of years ago. They're on fire at the moment and are playing with ridiculous confidence levels as well as being in their own back yard.

I would say Leinster by 8 but we'll need to strangle the game and put in a similar showing to what we did last season in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Buer wrote: »
    Heart and head say Leinster but there is a niggling feeling that Glasgow are in a similar position to Scarlets a couple of years ago. They're on fire at the moment and are playing with ridiculous confidence levels as well as being in their own back yard.

I would say Leinster by 8 but we'll need to strangle the game and put in a similar showing to what we did last season in Europe.

A little over a year ago we beat them 55-19 in the RDS. In Glasgow we beat them 18-34 earlier that season. While the gap has definitely narrowed I'm not convinced it has narrowed enough. Our pack should have far too much for theirs, and our starting back line isn't short on quality either. If we're fit and fresh enough this game should be wrapped up going into the last quarter and our bench shouldn't be an issue. We have no shortage of motivation after Newcastle and with a few mainstays finishing up with us.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Buer wrote: »

A little over a year ago we beat them 55-19 in the RDS. In Glasgow we beat them 18-34 earlier that season. While the gap has definitely narrowed I'm not convinced it has narrowed enough. Our pack should have far too much for theirs, and our starting back line isn't short on quality either. If we're fit and fresh enough this game should be wrapped up going into the last quarter and our bench shouldn't be an issue. We have no shortage of motivation after Newcastle and with a few mainstays finishing up with us.

The problem is the way they play. They could be getting absolutely battered up front and still score out of nowhere.

Still, I expect Leinster to get this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Glasgow, much like Connacht and Scarlets in their Championship winning years, have been in white hot form since February/March. Leinster have the capability to raise their level for a given game, but don't have the same good form coming into the game. This will be Leinsters third huge game in as many weeks. Glasgow have had a walk in the park in comparison.

I'd say Glasgow are slight favourites, taking into account home advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Clegg wrote: »
    Glasgow, much like Connacht and Scarlets in their Championship winning years, have been in white hot form since February/March. Leinster have the capability to raise their level for a given game, but don't have the same good form coming into the game. This will be Leinsters third huge game in as many weeks. Glasgow have had a walk in the park in comparison.

I'd say Glasgow are slight favourites, taking into account home advantage.

Bookies have Leinster are 8/15

Good article on and interview with Ross Molony today...

https://www.the42.ie/ross-molony-leinster-interview-4650815-May2019/

Stuart Lancaster's Tuesday training session being called 'Stuesday' gave me a laugh :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,795 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I reckon Glasgow will win this.

Glasgow by ~5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I also have a sneaking feeling Glasgow will take this.

What channel is this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,675 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

What channel is this on?

Eir and TG4

Leinster are going to hammer Glasgow.

Leinster are going to hammer Glasgow.

To be fair, you say this everytime Leinster play.

Fingers crossed! This is the first time this season I'm watching a match in the pub, it's bizarre.

To be fair, you say this everytime Leinster play.

Fingers crossed! This is the first time this season I'm watching a match in the pub, it's bizarre.

The weather here is utterly manky. Blessing in disguise being in a pub!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Glasgow are showing good play here so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Offside line is gone again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Poor from Sexton there should've finished that move.

Think that's at least a yellow card.

• Advertisement

What a satisfying win

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement