Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I suppose it’s an individual choice. Some people see Leinster rugby as 40 players and few coaches. Even the club itself is so much bigger than the professional male players. Normally we fund all the ancillary parts without ever thinking about it. My nephew is involved with the youths and the level of support and coaching that goes into them is huge. Yes eventually that becomes our production line but it involves hundreds of kids who will never be pro’s. On top of that there is the wider reach of the Leinster branch with the clubs, that needs to be funded.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

stephen_n wrote: »
    I suppose it’s an individual choice. Some people see Leinster rugby as 40 players and few coaches. Even the club itself is so much bigger than the professional male players. Normally we fund all the ancillary parts without ever thinking about it. My nephew is involved with the youths and the level of support and coaching that goes into them is huge. Yes eventually that becomes our production line but it involves hundreds of kids who will never be pro’s. On top of that there is the wider reach of the Leinster branch with the clubs, that needs to be funded.

Let alone the admin side etc. This is far more than just a few highly paid rugby players. If cuts have to be made, they wont be made to the playing squad first.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The Leinster branch and the professional side are very different things

• Registered Users Posts: 11,616 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

molloyjh wrote: »
    Let alone the admin side etc. This is far more than just a few highly paid rugby players. If cuts have to be made, they wont be made to the playing squad first.

I think pay cuts for the pro players are inevitable. And i would say the players know that. Cannot see any of them going against the grain on it either. Leinster have already lost 5 players and there won't be any signings. That's probably 500k saving

The Leinster branch and the professional side are very different things

Is the funding different? As far as I’m aware the two are intertwined.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

You won't lose your seat if you don't buy one of these memberships - the note from Micky D said that.

hmmm...
    https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/official-membership-faqs/
    So I have lost my seat?

Yes, nobody will have their current seat for the 2020/21 season
    Tickets that become available will be in all parts of the ground (excluding terrace) and will be sold on a first come first served basis to members of the Official Membership
    However, when hopefully everything returns to normal for the 2021/22 season, your seat, as you currently have, will revert back to your account and you will have access to this seat on a first refusal basis

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Steve wrote: »

That’s referring to matches this season with restrictions in place, people can’t get their own seats as there will presumably be distancing rules. Your ST the following season will be for the same seat if you wish.

For those who got a refund for the Saracens game, is it a credit to your Ticketmaster account or does it go back to your bank account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

For those who got a refund for the Saracens game, is it a credit to your Ticketmaster account or does it go back to your bank account?

Back to the card that was used to buy them

Back to the card that was used to buy them

I was looking at the wrong card, don’t usually use that one to buy tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Mine was refunded to my card directly.

Mine was refunded to my card directly.

For some reason I used a credit card not the debit card to buy them. I was checking the wrong account. It was refunded straight back to the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Charlie Ward is now out the gap and up the field to Athenry

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That's our third prop to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

Clegg wrote: »
    That's our third prop to leave.

wasn't contracted to the province, in the sub-academy, didn't get an offer from leinster so went west.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Jack Boyle will come through into sub academy and they might be banking on Sammy Illo putting his head down at TH.

Leinster need to worry more about their inability to produce top level 9s than props at this stage.

Also I'm assuming they're terminating Aaron O'Sullivans contract? He doesnt even play 15's!

Jack Boyle will come through into sub academy and they might be banking on Sammy Illo putting his head down at TH.

Leinster need to worry more about their inability to produce top level 9s than props at this stage.

Yeah LH prop is fine with Boyle coming through and maybe Popplewell Jr.

TH prop is fine too, Illo, Rowan, Griffin, McGuire, Hadden.

As you said scrumhalf is the issue, though there looks to be very good prospects at U20, U19 and U18 level. Wait and see how they develop this season.

Also I'm assuming they're terminating Aaron O'Sullivans contract? He doesnt even play 15's!

I doubt it, i'd say he will get one more year in the academy, where he will play 15's again. But who knows.

Still young at only 21 and has rare physical attributes for leinster wing.

Did Ben Griffin get into sub academy?

Did Ben Griffin get into sub academy?

sub-academy usually not confirmed until september etc.

He is involved with leinster over the summer anyway, I imagine he will get a sub academy spot if he gets his fitness sorted.

• Advertisement

Griffins a beast of a boy
    i'd imagine he's never going to be a Furlong type prop

Griffins a beast of a boy
    i'd imagine he's never going to be a Furlong type prop

He is headed to Trinity apparently for AIL, so should be helpful.

Not sure if he is U19 or U20 next season. Certainly an interesting player to see how he develops.

He is headed to Trinity apparently for AIL, so should be helpful.

Not sure if he is U19 or U20 next season. Certainly an interesting player to see how he develops.

Not sure either. if you born in Jan '01 are you U19 this season (20/21) season?

Whatever this season amounts to big fellas need games to keep the fitness going.

Not sure either. if you born in Jan '01 are you U19 this season (20/21) season?

Whatever this season amounts to big fellas need games to keep the fitness going.

Born in 01 - U20
    Born in 02 - U19
    Born in 03 - U18

:eek:

Yeah LH prop is fine with Boyle coming through and maybe Popplewell Jr.

TH prop is fine too, Illo, Rowan, Griffin, McGuire, Hadden.

As you said scrumhalf is the issue, though there looks to be very good prospects at U20, U19 and U18 level. Wait and see how they develop this season.

Not placing any faith in Ben Murphy?

Not placing any faith in Ben Murphy?

think he is a good prospect but not standout, be interesting to see how he develops.

Prefer a healthy Gilsenan at his age group.

Murphy benefits from being his fathers son, still a good player but doesn't scream future leinster starting 9.

U20: Murphy/Gilsenan/Reilly
    U19: Duggan/Devitt/Moloney
    U18: Gunne/Carbery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I just saw that Oliver Jager has signed a 2 year extension with the Crusaders and now dreams of becoming an All Black. Thats a great effort by him and a great example to other young players who don't get academy contracts.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I just saw that Oliver Jager has signed a 2 year extension with the Crusaders and now dreams of becoming an All Black. Thats a great effort by him and a great example to other young players who don't get academy contracts.

to be fair he was offered sub-academy as a u19 out of school, most would have taken it and tried to get an academy offer after a year in the sub, fair play to him for giving NZ a shot and working his way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,062 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Munster have announced a 20/21 membership package essentially mirroring the Leinster offering, with one exception. Their's costs 50 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Munster have announced a 20/21 membership package essentially mirroring the Leinster offering, with one exception. Their's costs 50 quid.

In fairness Leinster are more than twice as good as them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement