Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Leinster v NZ in 74'

Some things never change
    NZ won but "certainly won no friends"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Leinster Senior squad until end of September:

LH Prop(4)

Cian Healy(32)
    Ed Byrne(26)
    Peter Dooley(26)
    Michael Milne(21)

TH Prop(4)
    Michael Bent(34)
    Tadhg Furlong(27)
    Andrew Porter(24)
    Vakh Abdaladze(24)

Hooker(4)
    Sean Cronin(34)
    James Tracy(29)
    Ronan Kelleher(22)
    Dan Sheehan(21)

Lock(6)
    Scott Fardy(36)
    Devin Toner(34)
    Ross Molony(26)
    James Ryan(24)
    Jack Dunne(21)
    Ryan Baird(21)

Backrow(9)
    Rhys Ruddock(29)
    Jack Conan(28)
    Josh Van Der Flier(27)
    Dan Leavy(26)
    Josh Murphy(25)
    Will Connors(24)
    Max Deegan(23)
    Caelan Doris(24)
    Scott Penny(20)

Scrumhalf(4)
    Jamie Gibson Park(28) - currently in NZ
    Luke McGrath(27)
    Rowan Osborne(23)
    Hugh O'Sullivan(22)

Outhalf(4)
    Jonathan Sexton(35)
    Ross Byrne(25)
    Ciaran Frawley(22)
    Harry Byrne(21)

Centre(7)
    Robbie Henshaw(27)
    Rory O'Loughlin(26)
    Garry Ringrose(25)
    Conor O'Brien(24)
    Jimmy O'Brien(23)
    Gavin Mullin(22)
    Tommy O'Brien(22)

Back Three(9)
    Rob Kearney(34)
    Fergus McFadden(34)
    Dave Kearney(31)
    James Lowe(28) - currently in NZ
    Barry Daly(27)
    Adam Byrne(26)
    Cian Kelleher(26)
    Hugo Keenan(24)
    Jordan Larmour(23)

Didn't realise Conan was 28, only 17 Ireland caps seems very low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

yerrahbah wrote: »

turns 28 next month, so will be 28 when leinster return.

Stander and Heaslip have been fixtures in his position for Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

yerrahbah wrote: »

He has missed a lot with injury in recent seasons when he established himself as first choice with Leinster post-Heaslip.

He has only 22 starts for Leinster since 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

EbMBzi3XQAAl3FE?format=jpg&name=large

Backrow competition is heating up.

• Advertisement

All of Conor O’Brien (hamstring), Vakh Abdaladze (back), Cian Healy (hip) and Garry Ringrose (hand) have now returned to full training.

Dan Leavy is in the final stages of his running rehabilitation following a significant multi-ligament knee injury.

James Lowe has returned home to New Zealand for personal reasons. On his return, James will follow all Government health advice and guidelines upon arrival back in to the country.

Not the most detailed of update, also no update on Tomane or contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Brilliant news on Leavy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

CMcsporty wrote: »
    Leinster v NZ in 74'

Some things never change

Was this the start of Leinster being called the Ladyboys? Nearly 50 years later and they're still complaining about a bit of rough treatment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Is a month enough time to get Leavy ready for the playoffs? Good to see that there's a full bill of health for the squad otherwise.

Can they justify playing leavy in the remaining games when he isn't 100% and players like Connors, JVDF and Deegan are fit and firing?

There are how many guaranteed games left in the season? 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,626 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Can they justify playing leavy in the remaining games when he isn't 100% and players like Connors, JVDF and Deegan are fit and firing?

Except they haven't played a game for months so nobody is fit and firing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

errlloyd wrote: »

Backrow competition is heating up.

He was in radio saying he was working out in garden......looks like he went a bit overboard or was getting away from the kids

AdamD wrote: »
    Except they haven't played a game for months so nobody is fit and firing

Have more fitness and form than Leavy who hasn't taken contact or played rugby in over 15 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

They can just pick who they want or need. I’d say the fact that these games are one season and the next lot are a different season are unlikely to affect selection. The team will be picked as usual for the game in hand with eyes firmly on the the coming games.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

CMcsporty wrote: »
    Leinster v NZ in 74'

Some things never change

I remember being in Lansdowne Rd watching Leinster play NZ and Fergus Dunlea at fullback got absolutely monstered with a late hit by "Inga the Winga" , stood up and his legs were just jelly.

He played on for a while before being taken off clearly out of it, would have been removed immediately if it happened today and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Monstered is a lovely word

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I remember being in Lansdowne Rd watching Leinster play NZ and Fergus Dunlea at fullback got absolutely monstered with a late hit by "Inga the Winga" , stood up and his legs were just jelly.

He played on for a while before being taken off clearly out of it, would have been removed immediately if it happened today and rightly so.

1989 tour? I watched every game on that tour. My dad would wake me up to watch them at 2 or 3am. Even the midweek games. Didn't tell my mum but I think she suspected something when I was really tired for school in the morning. I don't remember the Leinster match. I remember bits and pieces of the tests and the games against most of the Welsh clubs. Also I remember the Ulster and Munster matches but for some reason neither Connacht nor Leinster stuck in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    1989 tour? I watched every game on that tour. My dad would wake me up to watch them at 2 or 3am. Even the midweek games. Didn't tell my mum but I think she suspected something when I was really tired for school in the morning. I don't remember the Leinster match. I remember bits and pieces of the tests and the games against most of the Welsh clubs. Also I remember the Ulster and Munster matches but for some reason neither Connacht nor Leinster stuck in my head.

Those were the days. Set the alarm 10 minutes early to let the cathode ray tube warm up, adjust the rabbits ears aerial and make a cup of tea.

Edit: and dream you came from one of those rich families that could afford a plane ticket to Europe to see such exotic places as Dublin, Edinburgh, Cardiff and London...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yeah_Right wrote: »

I was at that game, they gave tickets out to school kids for free, first match I attended that wasn’t my brothers getting knocked out of the schools cup in the first round.

The exact moment when Awec decided he hated Sexton !

V4QzzoW.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

How long would Lowe have to be out of the country to reset his residency status from a rugby perspective?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    How long would Lowe have to be out of the country to reset his residency status from a rugby perspective?

As long as Dublin is his primary and permanent residence, it shouldn't break his 3 year term. I'm sure there's an allowance for current/exceptional circumstances. He continues to be in the employment of Leinster Rugby and his permanent residence is in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

MaybeMaybe wrote: »

No idea what the ins and outs of the regulation are.

But as long as he is employed and paying taxes here you'd imagine he's not in danger of his residency period expiring

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

No idea what the ins and outs of the regulation are.

But as long as he is employed and paying taxes here you'd imagine he's not in danger of his residency period expiring

I'd expect Leinster Branch are all over it, so it's sorted. If it wasn't for Felipe's registration. And, to a lesser extent, Isa's visa :o

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Buer wrote: »
    As long as Dublin is his primary and permanent residence, it shouldn't break his 3 year term. I'm sure there's an allowance for current/exceptional circumstances. He continues to be in the employment of Leinster Rugby and his permanent residence is in Dublin.

There's no specific rule around it. If anyone questions it it'll go before a committee to be decided. The regulations say, for example, that you should be in Ireland 10 months of every 3 years as a rule of thumb, but no one is going to argue that these aren't very special circumstances.

Because it's a situation where there are no black and white rules and it's decided by committee, I'd say he's absolutely fine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

What kind of shape are Saracens in for a September quarter-final? Have they lost any players yet or are contracts being extended out until the end of the season?

What kind of shape are Saracens in for a September quarter-final? Have they lost any players yet or are contracts being extended out until the end of the season?

Lost a few, Skelton, Kruis and a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Hopefully the league run in should be enough to sharpen the players up for the 1/4 final. Be a damn shame if they get bounced because of this season disrupting everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Baird, Harry Byrne, Jack Dunne, Tommy O Brien and Dan Sheehan given senior contracts I'm hearing?

Departures: Aungier, Bryan Byrne, Barry Daly, Oisin Dowling, Gavin Mullen, Salanoa, Tomane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Shame about Barry Daly. Was a great player for us for a few seasons. Would've liked to see Tomane get another year or two as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement