Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I admit that I was spreading those rumours with absolutely no evidence to back them up. It was to punish you for being mean to Thomond ��

I was only being mean to Thomond because he was being mean to Buer.

Only I may be mean to Buer.

t89t4jajovj01.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I hate you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

5 questions facing Leinster rugby going forward:

Do Leinster need to sign a NIQ LH Prop to replace Healy?

Certainly not! If Dooley or Byrne turn out to be not quite good enough they could get Porter to switch sides and have Clarkson back up Furlong at tighthead. Don't think the IRFU allow NIQ props anyway.
    Do Leinster need to sign a NIQ TH Lock to give more power in the pack?

Don't think so. They should develop Dunne for that role. Ryan might not be good enough in teh lineout to be paired with a Bakkies Botha/Brad Thorn type player anyway.
    How do Leinster keep Deegan, Doris and Conan happy?

Hope they're not all fit at the same time.
    Is this Sextons final season in blue?

Dunno. Tough one for the coaches to manage.
    How do Leinster get a 2nd playmaker into the backline? Who is that player?

Pick Keenan at fullback and have Larmour compete with Lowe for the 11 jumper.

Ringrose isn't the first relation of a playmaker. He's actually probably a better technical passer than O'Driscoll was (BOD threw some wild ones into touch in his time), but in terms of having the vision and reading of the game to bring others into play they're poles apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

Noel Reid is one of 6 Leicester players who failed to agree a new contract/pay cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Noel Reid is one of 6 Leicester players who failed to agree a new contract/pay cut.

BRING HIM HOME :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Ballsy for a guy who is a reserve utility player. I really hope it works out for him

Ballsy for a guy who is a reserve utility player. I really hope it works out for him

TO be hoenst Leicester is a bit of a sh*thole.

A year was probably too long. I think they are one of the few cities in UK still shut down so maybe he wants to get the hell out....

WOuldnt be a bad buy for Connaght

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Leicester has been shut down for a further month. 36 other towns are potentially going to follow suit. A slashed-rate contract for the last couple of seasons of your career will not provide major motivation

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I’d have him back here to be honest. Vastly under-rated player.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Faugheen wrote: »
    I’d have him back here to be honest. Vastly under-rated player.

We could take him and Tuilangi as a package

• Advertisement

We could take him and Tuilangi as a package

Tualigi is a serious waste of money. He has averaged only 11 games per season with Leicester. How much was he been paid? he spends the majority of the season either unfit and if fit he normally picks up a ban

Incredible player when fit and firing but from a financial point of view he is a basketcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

What's the general consensus on the Membership option? Are many from here going for it? Closing date for current ST holders is tomorrow Fri 3rd.

If you can afford it, the province is in dire enough financial straits..

degsie wrote: »
    What's the general consensus on the Membership option? Are many from here going for it? Closing date for current ST holders is tomorrow Fri 3rd.

I dont get going to the games anymore, kids too small etc and said i would take a few seasons off till I can start bringing the kids

I might just buy anyway this season and try to get to the odd game

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I bought one. The wife and I are both STHs so one between us both made a lot of sense. That said I'd have gotten one anyway myself. I'm lucky that I can afford it & reckon its helping the club out a bit. If it gets me access to tickets for a few games too then great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

degsie wrote: »

Yeah I paid it. Whether I get any benefit from it is very questionable but you could say that about a lot of things

Who are the 4 players or coaches that make up your Leinster Mount Rushmore?

I'd probably go with Leo Cullen, Isa Nacewa, Brian O'Driscoll & Jonny Sexton.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Muligatawney

Specifying coach and then not picking Schmidt? Even if people got a bit tired of him with Ireland, he was the greatest club level coach of the pro era anywhere.

Joe Schmidt, BOD, Johnny, Heaslip for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Leo Cullen, Shane Jennings, Sexton and Nacewa.

I'd have Heaslip next off the line. BOD was brilliant but there's no doubt his biggest days and performances were more in green than blue.

Specifying coach and then not picking Schmidt? Even if people got a bit tired of him with Ireland, he was the greatest club level coach of the pro era anywhere.

Joe Schmidt, BOD, Johnny, Heaslip for me.

Schmidt not at leinster long enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Denis, Denis, Denis and Denis.

Granny15 wrote: »
    Denis, Denis, Denis and Denis.

340?cb=20190101095353

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Gonna leave coaches out of my 'Mount Rushmore' list. However, the length of Schmidt's tenure shouldn't preclude him from being on a theoretical greatest ever list. We won 4 trophies in 3 seasons, including to European Cups in a row. That's all time great stuff. Anyway, for my list:

Toner, Heaslip, Sexton, Nacewa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

For me it would be:

Cullen, Sexton, Heaslip, D'arcy

While BOD was immense at times, I do somewhat agree with Buer that he did his best work in green (or Lions red).

Was thinking about the anti-hero Mount Rushmore...(harsh I know, but all tongue in cheek)..

Finnegan, Harry Vermass, Declan Kidney, Lote Tequiri

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Tuqiri is an interesting one. He was a great player in his prime, but everyone knew he was well over the hill once he arrived to Leinster. I'd sooner look at Kane Douglas for a wall of infamy type thing. He was 25 when he arrived at Leinster. An Australian international second row in the prime of his career. Did absolutely nothing of note and left after one year of a three year contract.

Clegg wrote: »
    Tuqiri is an interesting one. He was a great player in his prime, but everyone knew he was well over the hill once he arrived to Leinster. I'd sooner look at Kane Douglas fir a wall of infamy type thing. He was 25 when he arrived at Leinster. An Australian international second row in the prime of his career. Did absolutely nothing of note and left after one year of a three year contract.

dark days of MOC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    340?cb=20190101095353

Are you peculiar. Why would you post a picture of a British comic book character next to a homage of our greatest ever Leinster and Irish player. Back to watching Grange Hill for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Clegg wrote: »
    Gonna leave coaches out of my 'Mount Rushmore' list. However, the length of Schmidt's tenure shouldn't preclude him from being on a theoretical greatest ever list. We won 4 trophies in 3 seasons, including to European Cups in a row. That's all time great stuff. Anyway, for my list:

Toner, Heaslip, Sexton, Nacewa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Cheika. Got the ball rolling into what Leinster is today.

• Advertisement

Granny15 wrote: »
    Are you peculiar. Why would you post a picture of a British comic book character next to a homage of our greatest ever Leinster and Irish player. Back to watching Grange Hill for you!

InsignificantDemandingHarpyeagle-size_restricted.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement