Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Oh and I hope Larmour's head kick is nothing serious. He's vital to our counterattack. Hopefully he's back next week or at least for the Saracens match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭KH25

Clegg wrote: »
    Oh and I hope Larmour's head kick is nothing serious. He's vital to our counterattack. Hopefully he's back next week or at least for the Saracens match.

He didn’t look too bad coming off so hopefully it looked worse than it was. JJ really went for the ball at full tilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,439 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

KH25 wrote: »
    He didn’t look too bad coming off so hopefully it looked worse than it was. JJ really went for the ball at full tilt.

"Ball"

Joke obv

Is it a concern that Leinster haven't played particularly well in either game against Munster? We've shown sparks in attack and decent defending throughout, but haven't come close to a performance that even reaches third gear. Is there a risk if being caught out on the hop against Ulster/Edinburgh/Saracens?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Against Ulster/Edinburgh? probably not tbh.

Against Saracens? Yeah, its a bit of a concern.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Against Ulster/Edinburgh? probably not tbh.

Against Saracens? Yeah, its a bit of a concern.

Agreed

Hopefully Edinburgh are their obnoxious best

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Its also worth noting that our games against Munster do tend to be tight anyway. It was 16-15 in the 2018 and a week later we put in a really good performance against Scarlets. So its hard to call at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Larmour went well under the high ball especially compared to two weeks ago.
    Think it still looks like everything is not quite there but very close.
    Line out is the biggest worry for me, it again didn’t go too well.
    Defence is probably the sharpest part of LeinsterS game at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭ongarite

I'd be more confident when Ryan comes back into the team. He is a big loss.

Furlong too but Porter is a good stand in at the moment.

Have to play both next week IMO so they have some match sharpness before Saracens QF

Only thing is sarries haven't yet been faced with a realistic opposition.

Wasps giving up the ghost tomorrow, Irish are push overs, glaws went 50/50, quins were a game but just aren't at that level.

Sarries have been targeting this game for 9 months. Leinster need to be 100% to beat them

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    Larmour went well under the high ball especially compared to two weeks ago.
    Think it still looks like everything is not quite there but very close.
    Line out is the biggest worry for me, it again didn’t go too well.
    Defence is probably the sharpest part of LeinsterS game at the moment.

Toner and Baird both made huge steals in the air, I thought the defensive lineout was very good. Munster's defensive lineout (all POM really) one of the best for spoiling and I actually think we did quite well off our own ball.

Not sure we saw a single pass from 13 to a winger all game. We were extremely narrow in attack. Hopefully keeping something undercover.

Keenan had another good game, only one mistake under a high ball of note. He's doing well to fit in nicely.

Baird freakishly athletic and ball-playing for his shape/size. Lets hope he keeps that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Toner has some crazy moobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

That was a ****e match and Leinster are going to be hugely undercooked for the Saracens game imo.

What’s the story on the final venue? Will it be decided after tonight’s game or have I missed an announcement?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

salmocab wrote: »
    What’s the story on the final venue? Will it be decided after tonight’s game or have I missed an announcement?

A deal seems to have been done where thr final will be in the Aviva even of Edinburgh win today.

Should Edinburgh have to travel they won't have to quarantine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Surely Ravenhill would make the most sense? Regardless of who qualifies there’s no need for special dispensations or anything

A deal seems to have been done where thr final will be in the Aviva even of Edinburgh win today.

Should Edinburgh have to travel they won't have to quarantine.

5 weeks in a row of the Aviva for Leinster so.
    Is the Euro semi the week after The quarter too?

Saw more signs of our kicking game last night. Ringrose out in some corkers. One that nearly set up a Lowe try and another that was well within our own half, but he spotted space in Munsters backfield and out the ball there. Turned defence into attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Owen Farrell just sent off v Wasps for a high tackle...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Farrel just got a straight red in the premiership, any chance of being banned in 2 weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Farrel just got a straight red in the premiership, any chance of being banned in 2 weeks?

https://twitter.com/andygoode10/status/1302231977987313664?s=21

I can’t see how he gets a ban of less than two weeks. Shocking hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

4 weeks minimum

https://twitter.com/AndyGoode10/status/1302231977987313664

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Why do you feckers get all the luck?

You can plan without Farrell in mind. That has to be a few weeks off at least.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

You know those people who say they really want to beat their rivals at their best?

Yeah I’m not one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

So no Farrell in weeks so. What an awful contact, but I can't say I'm surprised.

That tackle didn’t even look like he was trying to be lower. He’s a great player but my god he’s a half wit.

No way he could be given four weeks, halved for "insert BS reason".... and be back for the leinster game by virtue of the kick off time???

Could that happen??

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

Wouldn't be surprised to see a 4 week ban, reduced to 2 weeks, that ends just before 3pm KO for quarter final!��

He'll get 1 - 2 weeks. He will be playing the quarter final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Note: Any act of foul play which results in contact with the head shall result in at least a mid-range entry point sanction.
    https://officiating.worldrugby.org/?module=6&section=53&subsection=181&language=en

If it's a mid range offence the entry point is six weeks. Maximum mitigation is 50% so that would be three weeks.
    I don't see how that incident does involve "contact with the head" so I think Farrell has to miss the QF.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement