Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

He’s an ex player now anyway.....
    He’s old enough to have sense

• Registered Users Posts: 11,547 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

scott1974 wrote: »
    Please dont quote that guy..

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

The player in question should contact PR guru Paul Allen. According to Maria Bailey he's really good when you're in a sticky spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Downlinz

The player in question is leaving the country so they might as well make an example of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Big story in sindo tomorr possibly others

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Why not?

Really, have you ever read any if his articles, he's a parasite. A bit of common sense would tell you that.

digzy wrote: »
    He’s an ex player now anyway.....
    He’s old enough to have sense

If it's the player they're alleging, he may still be under contract until October. Considering the way the sponsors reacted when the pressure came on following the antics up on Ulster, he may find his contract terminated early. Can't have the brands damaged!

Lots of denials here on the basis that McKenna mentioned it.

Watergate is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Considering the way the sponsors reacted when the pressure came on following the antics up on Ulster, he may find his contract terminated early. Can't have the brands damaged!

Huge difference between the seriousness of the accusations.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

If it's the player they're alleging, he may still be under contract until October. Considering the way the sponsors reacted when the pressure came on following the antics up on Ulster, he may find his contract terminated early. Can't have the brands damaged!

While early contract termination is always possible, you can't really compare that case to this one.

There's an article on Independent.ie. At the end of the article it says:

"Read Brendan Fanning’s analysis in the Sunday Independent".

Could be an interesting read!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

While early contract termination is always possible, you can't really compare that case to this one.

Weren't they ostensibly fired over their WhatsApp messages?

kmart6 wrote: »
    Huge difference between the seriousness of the accusations.

Fully accept that and agree there's no comparison but professional rugby in Ireland is bank rolled by big marketing budgets. Companies are paranoid about their corporate image these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

[quote="mr_edge_to_you;110336613

"Read Brendan Fanning’s analysis in the Sunday Independent".

Could be an interesting read![/quote]

‘Analysis ‘ .....what analysis? He whipped it out and pi55ed on yer mans leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster and the IRFU are investigating two incidents. One is the urination thing and another is a fight between a Leinster Academy player and a former Leinster player that left the academy lads unconscious and brought to St Vincent's Hospital for a brain scan.

Clegg wrote: »
    Leinster and the IRFU are investigating two incidents. One is the urination thing and another is a fight between a Leinster Academy player and a former Leinster player that left the academy lads unconscious and brought to St Vincent's Hospital for a brain scan.

Same guy involved in both or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,037 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

glasso wrote: »
    Same guy involved in both or what?

No cannot be. Second incident alleges a former overseas player, no longer employed by the province, punched and knocked out a player of the Leinster Academy such that he was treated at the scene by a Leinster Doctor and then hospitalised where he underwent a brain scan. Alleged perp subsequently attended the '09 Gala and has since returned home.

Not too many people that could have been. Allegedly.

scott1974 wrote: »
    Really, have you ever read any if his articles, he's a parasite. A bit of common sense would tell you that.

I will post what I want unless a mod asks me not to based in forum charter.

Just because McKenna tweeted it doesnt make it false so jog on

Erik Shun wrote: »
    https://amp.independent.ie/sport/rugby/pro14/leinster-rugby-double-probe-academy-player-hospitalised-and-member-of-public-urinated-on-following-pro14-win-38171141.html

I'm only posting this here...I'm not too bothered about the peeing incident..we all know who that is... but Christ... for a former player to hit an academy player so hard he needs a brain scan....I find that very hard to stomach

You don't know the circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Larbre34 wrote:
    No cannot be. Second incident alleges a former overseas player, no longer employed by the province, punched and knocked out a player of the Leinster Academy such that he was treated at the scene by a Leinster Doctor and then hospitalised where he underwent a brain scan. Alleged perp subsequently attended the '09 Gala and has since returned home.

No, it says a former player who lives overseas. It doesn't say it was a former overseas player. Significantly different and there are a couple of lads who left Ireland after retirement.

With that said, at least one of the NIQ players was in attendance. This incident is being overshadowed by the urination story and is far, far more serious. Those involved should be heavily sanctioned.

Ex player hits academy player so hard he's knocked unconscious and needs to be hospitalised requiring a brain scan... that's about all that matters

Aside from the players health

It matters if said Academy player was going around picking a fight.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,563 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Aside from the players health

It matters if said Academy player was going around picking a fight.

Agreed.

Without knowing the circumstances, castigating the older player over the younger player is all too presumptuous

I will post what I want unless a mod asks me not to based in forum charter.

Just because McKenna tweeted it doesnt make it false so jog on

I never said it was false, if you read what I said. He's just looking for attention, he doesn't report on rugby for the good of the game.

Have you any evidence for that?

And, tbh...it wouldn't actually matter... a grown adult doesn't need to knock someone out to resolve an argument...unless you live in a different world to the rest of us

Does the word IF not mean anything to you?

The circumstances matter if an academy player was the one who instigated a fight.

What if he got sparked by someone acting in self defence?

Young lad, few drinks on him, thinks he is invincible and picks a fight with someone and ends up on the deck. Temple bar every other weekend usually.

We don't know the circumstances. This is an incident that Leinster might need to use to educate the academy players going forward regarding alcohol etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Have you any evidence for that?

And, tbh...it wouldn't actually matter... a grown adult doesn't need to knock someone out to resolve an argument...unless you live in a different world to the rest of us

Have you any evidence that a grown adult knocked someone out to resolve an argument?

Absolute rubbish post, only in your own mind is that acceptable..jog on

I never said it was acceptable. Hence there may well be learnings for the Leinster academy to guide young men fresh out of school

You seem to think person A sparked person B to resolve an argument based on absolutely no facts.

What we do know is that there was "an altercation" which literally means anthing is possible and what I posted is one scenario that may have occurred.

We also do not know if the punch caused the academy player to be knocked out or if he hit his head on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I'm not the one trying to build an argument on an unsound premise.
    It's actually quite disgusting that people are trying to blame the academy player...my original post is that the incident sickened me....the replies to that post just show the disgusting mentality of some posters in here...
    That's all I'm saying on the subject now

You have decided what’s happened based on reading the same article everyone else did, you have conjured up that it was a grown adult sorting out an argument. You have no details but felt confident saying that. It may be the ex players fault it may be the young lads fault it’s probably both of them but certainly should never have happened.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,563 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It's actually quite disgusting that people are trying to blame the academy player...my original post is that the incident sickened me....the replies to that post just show the disgusting mentality of some posters in here...

Actually youre 100% incorrect there.

No one was apportioning any blame but you. Posters were telling you that it's wrong to apportion blame without knowing the facts. Absolutely no one blamed the academy player.... But you are quite happy to blame the former player without knowing what happened.

It could quite easily have been a 110 kg academy lock picking a fight with aged 75kg scrummie....

Academy players aren't children, they are adults.

• Advertisement

I never said the academy play was at fault. We don't know the circumstances.

you have blamed the former player without knowing anything about it yet you criticise me for pointing out that there could be other details which paint things in a different light.

The incident sickens you despite not knowing anything about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement