Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

WhoamI2022 wrote: »
    Glasgow have gone downhill the last few seasons. I don't expect it will be as big of a challange as it used to be a few seasons back. Good chance to see H Byrne get some more time at 10

Its still a reasonably strong Glasgow side. If they can't make a go of this game then the league is in all sorts of bother this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

molloyjh wrote: »
    Soooooooo, Monday Night Rugby eh!?

Bizarre to be watching a rugby game at 8pm on a Monday.

We've put out a serious pack given our stretched resources who will be more than able to match or better them.

Making it to rain too. Unlikely this will be a classic but hoping for a win.

Favourites with the bookies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Rugbypass losing the Pro14 coverage has put a bit of a spanner in the works of me watching Pro14 going forward.

Will be testing out ESPN+ this evening. Hopefully it can do the job.

Premier sports might be an option too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

aloooof wrote: »
    Correct, and nothing you've posted has come close to changing me mind. Can you name these teams (or front rows) that Saracens played that you think are a different level to Munster and Ulster?

The narrative that Leinster weren't tested enough in the build up to the qf is absurd. Munster are a strong-scrummaging side. The way the scrums went in one of the Leinster-Munster games (probably the semi), I thought Leinster were somewhat lucky in how the ref viewed it. They were coming under pressure and could have been penalised a few times. Munster's approach to the whole game (boxkicks etc.) meant you couldn't have asked for a better team to play to specifically practice to face Saracens.

The Leinster scrum remains a concern. Against Zebre there were a few scrums that looked reminiscent of the Saracens game. I would be somewhat apprehensive about it heading into a game away to Munster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭WhoamI2022

The narrative that Leinster weren't tested enough in the build up to the qf is absurd. Munster are a strong-scrummaging side. The way the scrums went in one of the Leinster-Munster games (probably the semi), I thought Leinster were somewhat lucky in how the ref viewed it. They were coming under pressure and could have been penalised a few times. Munster's approach to the whole game (boxkicks etc.) meant you couldn't have asked for a better team to play to specifically practice to face Saracens.

The Leinster scrum remains a concern. Against Zebre there were a few scrums that looked reminiscent of the Saracens game. I would be somewhat apprehensive about it heading into a game away to Munster.

With a completely different pack to the Sarries game. So first it was a Healy issue, that was debunked, now are you saying it is a issue across the entire club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

It’s a narrative that’s created in the press to make the premiership look good, same thing was done in 2016. Watch them backtrack now when premiership teams inevitably flop in Europe this year and the narrative will be English teams don’t care about Europe...

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

Bizarre to be watching a rugby game at 8pm on a Monday.

We've put out a serious pack given our stretched resources who will be more than able to match or better them.

Making it to rain too. Unlikely this will be a classic but hoping for a win.

Favourites with the bookies

I am enjoying the novelty of it I have to say. It feels like Leinster are on the mitch or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Leinster are rightly the favourites but Glasgow aren't nearly as impacted by test involvement as we are. Only 6 players in the Scottish 23 at the weekend. When Leinster won here last season, Doris, Connors, Ross Byrne, JGP and Keenan all started. Big difference in a year. Nobody would have thought 4 of those guys would be making their Irish debuts in the subsequent Six Nations at that point.

I'd say Leinster to win by a single score.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

What do we think about this evening? Looking at the teams you'd have to favour Glasgow. But Leinster have sent out young sides before and beaten teams they really shouldn't have. Looking forward to it win or lose. Lots of academy lads being given a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Hopeful for a leinster win but a stern test.

• Advertisement

Leinster do have a stronger bench and crucially a 6-2 split so I think if it’s tight in the 2nd Leinster should have enough.

I think the battle up front will be key because Leinster have a young but exciting back line that can do damage if given the chance so it will come down to the battle upfront.

1 score either way I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Leinster have a very green bench.. outside Fardy/Leavy.

better? hopefully..

Breathless start. Sloppy error from HB to not realise it was taken back in.

That is 3 passes from McGrath that I've counted as being poor. Two were wobbling badly through the air and that missed the target entirely.

bayern wrote: »
    Leinster have a very green bench.. outside Fardy/Leavy.

better? hopefully..

Glasgow don’t even have a second Row on their bench. Green yes but guys who will at least add some energy plus top class players like Fardy and Leavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

Terrible pass in great field position.

Some really sturdy defensive sets there and big hits going in.

F*cking hell, McGrath with another to the deck. Pass to JOB after wasn't exactly textbook either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Luke McGrath must-have been practising his passing with the under 9s.

Great try by JOB

Lovely work from Byrne to ride the tackle and free his hands for the offload.

Impressed with how physical the pack has been. Josh Murphy has started excellently.

Line out clearly wasn't 5m. There's a big bloody white line to help the officials. How can they miss that sort of thing?

• Advertisement

That was an ominous set of phases from Glasgow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

13 Leinster was out of that phase before try when he nearly knocked himself out.
    Huge gap in defensive line then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Leinster front row disregarding the watershed

So much for the poor Leinster scrum :-)

Bent has been the ultimate unsung hero for Leinster since the return of rugby. He has featured in every game.

Lads Tommy O'Brien is a gem.

Buer wrote: »
    Bent has been the ultimate unsung hero for Leinster since the return of rugby. He has featured in every game.

Bent has been a great servant to Leinster for years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Clegg wrote: »
    Lads Tommy O'Brien is a gem.

Serious burst of pace on him

How dare they kick for the cornor!!!!

• Advertisement

Hopefully McGrath's confidence gets a boost from that as he looks completely bereft of any up to that point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement