Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

molloyjh wrote: »
    Okay, for starters we're not mates. Secondly, wind your neck in, I wasn't writing the guy off at all. He hasn't looked good when he's been on and so maybe the coaches feel he needs a bit more time before being thrown in. There may not be any risks to Leinster in terms of winning the match, but there may be risks to Hawkshaw himself in terms of confidence levels. Maybe he just needs to be managed a bit more. Thats not a bad thing. This idea that players can only get better, and there can only be positive outcomes, from game time is incredibly myopic. Thats simply not always the case. And the coaches need to juggle what's best for both the team and the individual.

Telling someone on a forum to wind their neck in - add that to the list of things you wouldnt do to someones face kiddo,

it is a weird decision - hes made mistakes but hes been fine - let the kid play

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

molloyjh wrote: »
    Okay, for starters we're not mates.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Telling someone on a forum to wind their neck in - add that to the list of things you wouldnt do to someones face kiddo,

it is a weird decision - hes made mistakes but hes been fine - let the kid play

They've given him opportunities.. now they are giving Osborne and Silvester a chance after being out of then squad recently.

Hawkshaw will have plenty more chances to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Have they decided to move on from Fardy then? Obviously this selection is only one data point but I think it would be the right move if they did. To my mind NIQs should deliver one (or ideally both) of the following: strengthens the first choice XXIII, holds the fort while internationals are away. The extent to which Fardy fulfils these criteria is a tenuous proposition at best currently, and he's not getting any younger. Does he make the strongest XXIII now? It's a possibility if Baird plays 6, but he'd have to fight it out with Molony, Dunne and Murphy for the #19 shirt in that scenario. Frankly, he's not needed while the internationals are away given the presence of Toner, Dunne and Molony. Baird is even available as well at the moment, but maybe he'd have been away with the international team if he hadn't got injured.

You'd have to say it was a poor decision to retain Fardy. It seems like a waste of money. I'd say it's Cullen who's to blame. He's always going on about how great NIQs are, having Nacewa scout NZ for potential signings, etc. Lancaster, on the other hand, seems to be very proactive in trying to develop a squad with a young age profile. He's talked about trying to have the foresight to make decisions and changes before it becomes apparent they're necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Fardy again I see.
    With a healthy dose of Cullen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

So how's the first choice XXIII shaping up?

I'd say it's something like:

1. Cian Healy
    2. Ronan Kelleher
    3. Andrew Porter
    4. James Ryan
    5. Devin Toner
    6. Ryan Baird
    7. Dan Leavy
    8. Caelan Doris
    9. Jamison Gibson-Park
    10. Jonathan Sexton
    11. James Lowe
    12. Robbie Henshaw
    13. Garry Ringrose
    14. Hugo Keenan
    15. Jimmy O'Brien

16. James Tracy
    17. Edward Byrne
    18. Michael Bent
    19. Josh Murphy
    20. Will Connors
    21. Luke McGrath
    22. Ciarán Frawley
    23. Rory O'Loughlin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Fardy seems to be getting a tough time of it on here. I’d say he’s great value to have around the camp for the younger lads especially when the internationals are away. I agree we should be moving on from him from a playing perspective, but I’m sure he’s offering enough around the place for Cullen to have decided to keep him on for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

clsmooth wrote: »
    Fardy seems to be getting a tough time of it on here. I’d say he’s great value to have around the camp for the younger lads especially when the internationals are away. I agree we should be moving on from him from a playing perspective, but I’m sure he’s offering enough around the place for Cullen to have decided to keep him on for the season.

He gets a tough time from one poster who has a particular dismissal for NIQ players. Everyone else generally respects what he brings on and off the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So how's the first choice XXIII shaping up?

I'd say it's something like:

1. Cian Healy
    2. Ronan Kelleher
    3. Andrew Porter
    4. James Ryan
    5. Devin Toner
    6. Ryan Baird
    7. Dan Leavy
    8. Caelan Doris
    9. Jamison Gibson-Park
    10. Jonathan Sexton
    11. James Lowe
    12. Robbie Henshaw
    13. Garry Ringrose
    14. Hugo Keenan
    15. Jimmy O'Brien

16. James Tracy
    17. Edward Byrne
    18. Michael Bent
    19. Josh Murphy
    20. Will Connors
    21. Luke McGrath
    22. Ciarán Frawley
    23. Rory O'Loughlin

Baird at 4, Ruddock at 6 currently. 5 way death match for 7

Marcus Hanan, Charlie Ryan, Hugh O'Sullivan and David Hawkshaw extra squad players at game today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,557 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Blues forced to change their starting 10

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Blues forced to change their starting 10

Injury?

Clegg wrote: »
    Injury?

Yep, hip injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,418 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I don't recognise any players on this Blues team. I can see a cricket score tonight

Jaysus

That's a great try

well then..

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Akrasia wrote: »
    I don't recognise any players on this Blues team. I can see a cricket score tonight

Based on the start you could be right.

That was very simple.

I said it before but leinster really should have rotated a bit more for this.. Sheehan at 2 and a young 9 starting at least.

I've tomorrow off work (annual leave) Drinking game? Every time leinster score a try, I've got to finish my drink and get another one?

3yP8htFmqH6QfIlD9XgKXzgbRoMhA425H7GR5v3dBTI.jpg

• Advertisement

Molony packing down at 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭KH25

Lovely run from Frawley to create that. Saw the space and exploited it.

Akrasia wrote: »
    I've tomorrow off work (annual leave) Drinking game? Every time leinster score a try, I've got to finish my drink and get another one?

3yP8htFmqH6QfIlD9XgKXzgbRoMhA425H7GR5v3dBTI.jpg

Might need Tuesday off too if they continue at the pace they're at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Leinster always breaking over the gain line with their carries. Light and day from Ireland yesterday. Shows how much easier it makes it for the back line/out half.

almost...

Nooooooooo

Would've been try of the season.

Some run, deserved a try from that

Kelleher a victim of his own pace there - support needed another half second and it was try number 2.

JOB is class at 15.

• Advertisement

How did he take that ball back?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement