Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,547 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

leakyboots wrote: »
    It wasn't even the worst one in the game. Connors could be in a bit of bother

Wat did connors do?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Well there's a hint of ignoring (one of the primary reasons) why Leinster develop more players isn't there.

If all the provinces had the same resources, that is exactly what equality of opportunity is.

John Hayes would have been a good better player if he came through Leinster Schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Wat did connors do?

Head to head contact at a ruck. Hadn't realised citing window has passed so 'tis immaterial now

Wat did connors do?

Played for the wrong team ;)

Played for the winning team ;)

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

stephen_n wrote: »
    John Hayes would have been a good better player if he came through Leinster Schools.

Madigan tears > Hayes tears

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Leinster don't need a bigger budget than the other provinces. Most of their players are happy playing for pride, free kit, all-you-can-eat bacon & pear sandwiches, bottomless lattes, free haircuts at Grafton Barbers and an open bar tab in Lillies. The other provinces just can't compete with those offers.

I maybe showing my age with the Lillies reference.

I've actually heard a lot of Leinster players just show up to contract negotiations and sign the paper without looking at it because they know they'll be paid what's fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Madigan tears > Hayes tears

Madigan has tears. Hayes has pashun.

Bazzo wrote: »
    I've actually heard a lot of Leinster players just show up to contract negotiations and sign the paper without looking at it because they know they'll be paid what's fair.

Thats why Henshaw moved east :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Thats why Henshaw moved east :)

And Joey moved South. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Es5dYoaXEAARtUS?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Edit, posted above.

That is an... average team.

On the bench, 19-year-old Jamie Osborne is in line to make his Leinster Rugby Senior debut should he be introduced.

The former Naas CBS pupil, who has come through the Leinster Rugby club system with Naas Rugby Club, played with the North Midlands side in the Shane Horgan Cup.

Osborne is normally based down in the Ken Wall Centre of Excellence in Energia Park but has been training with the Senior team in UCD over the last few months and is involved in a Senior matchday 23 for the first time tomorrow.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,563 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Edit, posted above.

That's a cracking set of forwards to have available for this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

There's more than enough in that Leinster pack to get a comfortable win.
    A 20 year old flyhalf is making his debut for the Scarlets.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Edit, posted above.

Absolutely bonkers back 5 all things considered though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Osborne must be the youngest debutant for Leinster in recent memory.

Penny maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Osborne must be the youngest debutant for Leinster in recent memory.

Penny maybe?

How recent....
    Adam Byrne was 18. Remember him?

Watched him in the A game v Ulster. Looked decent.
    He played 13 but i think he's more of a winger or maybe a FB

How recent....
    Adam Byrne was 18. Remember him?

Watched him in the A game v Ulster. Looked decent.
    He played 13 but i think he's more of a winger or maybe a FB

That's was 2012. A lifetime ago lol.

But fair point. Byrne was definitely younger

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Neil3030 wrote: »
    It's called Laois. Never go there.

:D:D. My sister lives there in a charmingly named Coolrain. I like Laois. Good fishing, Slieve Bloom, Kinnity Castle etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

That's was 2012. A lifetime ago lol.

But fair point. Byrne was definitely younger

It sure is!

I think 19 or even wait until 20 is the appropriate age for lads to make that step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

jacothelad wrote: »
    :D:D. My sister lives there in a charmingly named Coolrain. I like Laois. Good fishing, Slieve Bloom, Kinnity Castle etc.

Is Kinnity not in Offaly ?

jacothelad wrote: »

i know it well ;)

mountain men .....

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    Is Kinnity not in Offaly ?

a stones thrown from coolrain, d'tudder side of the hill :p

Jamie Osborne(19) will be the youngest back to make his debut since fellow Naas RFC man Adam Byrne(18) did.

for those interested, jamie osborne is the 15 in these highlight clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BBgByJ-Z-M&t=85s&ab_channel=thomasOBrien

That's a team I'm looking forward to see play. Good platform for H Byrne against a solid enough Welsh outfit to see what he can do.

Great to have Furlong back, great to see Leavy racking up caps again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

There's more than enough in that Leinster pack to get a comfortable win.
    A 20 year old flyhalf is making his debut for the Scarlets.

Its his first start, but he has appeared of the bench for them a few times already.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Thats a good side given that we are missing 16 to Ireland camp and another 9 or 10 to injury. What other team out there could be missing 25+ players and still field a side with that level of quality?

Delighted for Molony getting the start too. He was excellent off the bench last week. And I hope Baird is out with a point to prove. A back row of Murphy, Leavy and Conan during an international window with Fardy on the bench? That's quality.

The only concerns would be Furlong (and his match fitness), Turner at 13 and O'Reilly at 15. But they have a 20 year old with all of 36 mins at this level starting at 10. I believe he's highly rated, but I don't see him being able to take advantage of O'Reillys inexperienced in the back field. So as long as Furlong and Turner can do a job we should be in a good place.

The bench is good up front but limited in the backs. But the weather forecast isn't great. Rain during the day and windy evening. So forwards likely to be more important anyway.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Thats a good side given that we are missing 16 to Ireland camp and another 9 or 10 to injury. What other team out there could be missing 25+ players and still field a side with that level of quality?

Delighted for Molony getting the start too. He was excellent off the bench last week. And I hope Baird is out with a point to prove. A back row of Murphy, Leavy and Conan during an international window with Fardy on the bench? That's quality.

The only concerns would be Furlong (and his match fitness), Turner at 13 and O'Reilly at 15. But they have a 20 year old with all of 36 mins at this level starting at 10. I believe he's highly rated, but I don't see him being able to take advantage of O'Reillys inexperienced in the back field. So as long as Furlong and Turner can do a job we should be in a good place.

The bench is good up front but limited in the backs. But the weather forecast isn't great. Rain during the day and windy evening. So forwards likely to be more important anyway.

On Furlong - I suspect he's showing up well in training if he has been included in the Ireland squad. No substitute for a match but then Lancaster's sessions appear to be extremely tough so perhaps an indicator from that.

• Advertisement

One positive test for a Leinster player.

Isolated after a family member felt unwell and subsequently the player tested positive in a test separately to the rest of the squad

https://www.the42.ie/leinster-covid-5339335-Jan2021/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement