Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

bayern wrote: »
    Jamie Osborne(19) will be the youngest back to make his debut since fellow Naas RFC man Adam Byrne(18) did.

for those interested, jamie osborne is the 15 in these highlight clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BBgByJ-Z-M&t=85s&ab_channel=thomasOBrien

There was a lot of Leinstertainment in that video..!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    Is Kinnity not in Offaly ?

Not sure. I used it a lot in the past. Not far from my sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Jamie Osborne(19) will be the youngest back to make his debut since fellow Naas RFC man Adam Byrne(18) did.

for those interested, jamie osborne is the 15 in these highlight clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BBgByJ-Z-M&t=85s&ab_channel=thomasOBrien

Was Macken not 18 when he made his debut in 2010?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

stephen_n wrote: »
    He was. Article still correct. Osborne is youngest since Adam Byrne who is the youngest to play for first team.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

jacothelad wrote: »
    Not sure. I used it a lot in the past. Not far from my sister.

The area is absolutely beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

stephen_n wrote: »

Slightly OT, but apparently this is a very Irish way to ask questions. An Aussie gave me grief for it once. I was not aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Slightly OT, but apparently this is a very Irish way to ask questions. An Aussie gave me grief for it once. I was not aware.

Not sure Aussies should be commenting on anyone butchering language

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

salmocab wrote: »

Butchered language would only be more Australian if you put a slice of beetroot on it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

salmocab wrote: »

I read this as a question. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

John Hayes is a ligind, so he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I know he's not Leinster anymore but Brian Byrne is having some season at Bristol.

7 appearances in all competitions (2 European starts). Bristol 6 points clear at the top and he's been in the driving seat at hooker.

2 tries and an assist last night against Bath. 100% return at the lineout. Throwing looked exceptionally good. Some excellent touches in open play. Admittedly it was one of the most one sided games I've ever seen.

But still great to see him thriving.

Possibly the form Irish hooker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Quite possibly, how has his throwing improved so much since leaving Leinster? He was quite often a poor thrower during his leinster career.

If i was Leo, i'd see if he was interested in returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

I know he's not Leinster anymore but Brian Byrne is having some season at Bristol.

7 appearances in all competitions (2 European starts). Bristol 6 points clear at the top and he's been in the driving seat at hooker.

2 tries and an assist last night against Bath. 100% return at the lineout. Throwing looked exceptionally good. Some excellent touches in open play. Admittedly it was one of the most one sided games I've ever seen.

But still great to see him thriving.

Possibly the form Irish hooker?

Without a doubt, he is playing well in a Bristol team that's turning everything into gold atm. What Byrne is good at is open play running and carrying etc, his darts have sometimes been suspect. With Bristol, the ball in play time is insane, less lineouts.

In my view, hooker is the weakest position in Irish rugby at the moment. Kelleher and Sheehan have the raw materials, but they need to sort out their lineouts, as around the park they're both great. Cronin and Tracy aren't showing international level anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

Without a doubt, he is playing well in a Bristol team that's turning everything into gold atm. What Byrne is good at is open play running and carrying etc, his darts have sometimes been suspect. With Bristol, the ball in play time is insane, less lineouts.

In my view, hooker is the weakest position in Irish rugby at the moment. Kelleher and Sheehan have the raw materials, but they need to sort out their lineouts, as around the park they're both great. Cronin and Tracy aren't showing international level anymore.

But sure Byrne had to sort out his lineout until be left Ireland and now seems to have sorted it out right away... I’m sure at the age of 27 he didnt just figure out how to throw into a lineout.

Quite possibly, how has his throwing improved so much since leaving Leinster? He was quite often a poor thrower during his leinster career.

If i was Leo, i'd see if he was interested in returning.

I only really have scrutinized his throwing last night. But he threw with real purpose, confidence and intent. Something his replacement lacked.

But it's something rarely seen at Leinster too. It's hard to throw consistently well if you don't have the confidence in your targets. Byrne clearly has that.

If he gets another season like he has so far under his belt in Bristol (and hopefully a few medals) serious efforts need to be looked at to get him back.

A lot can be credited to Lam too. Bristols brand of rugby is fantastic and Lam has such a track record of getting the right guys for the right jobs and fitting in to his system. Byrne is a good example.

think BB nailed 15 lineouts last night.

UAEguy2020 wrote: »
    But sure Byrne had to sort out his lineout until be left Ireland and now seems to have sorted it out right away... I’m sure at the age of 27 he didnt just figure out how to throw into a lineout.

he is obviously getting better skill coaching at bristol.

think BB nailed 15 lineouts last night.

Have him at 13. Still though. Great stats.

Rarely depending on the front either. 2 little quick trick throws to the front and then primarily middle and back. Bris clearly confidant in him last night. Although conditions were good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

I absolutely agree that its going well for him, and delighted for him. Lam and Muldoon doing class work at Bristol and they're playing unreal ball, which is a great environment to be in. Rather than playing sporadic Leinster A games with 19 year olds on Friday nights, he's won a Challenge Cup and flying in the Prem. He's a better player than Heffernan, but wouldn't be playing the amount of rugby he's playing now at Leinster.

Also hearing that Will Hickey is moving to the Ospreys, or a deal is on the table.

• Advertisement

I absolutely agree that its going well for him, and delighted for him. Lam and Muldoon doing class work at Bristol and they're playing unreal ball, which is a great environment to be in. Rather than playing sporadic Leinster A games with 19 year olds on Friday nights, he's won a Challenge Cup and flying in the Prem. He's a better player than Heffernan, but wouldn't be playing the amount of rugby he's playing now at Leinster.

Also hearing that Will Hickey is moving to the Ospreys, or a deal is on the table.

Yeah that rumours been going around for awhile, he was cut from the leinster sub-academy a few weeks ago and didn't make the irish u20 extended squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

he is obviously getting better skill coaching at bristol.

So maybe there’s the solution...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Edit, posted above.

That is an... average team.

This aged well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Spot the difference:

r8Pz6w1.gif

I can't see any personally.

Nick McCarthy is set to leave Munster and re-join his native Leinster ahead of next season.

https://www.the42.ie/nick-mccarthy-leinster-munster-5341108-Jan2021/

Wonder what that means for Hughie, who looked decent off the bench last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Kinnitty is indeed in Offaly. Hurling territory but surprisingly one of Cistercian College’s starting lock forwards when they won the Leinster Schools Cup is from there.

As are Girvan Dempsey’s parents who have a delightful cottage on the foothills of the Slieve Bloom mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,547 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Nick McCarthy is set to leave Munster and re-join his native Leinster ahead of next season.

https://www.the42.ie/nick-mccarthy-leinster-munster-5341108-Jan2021/

Wonder what that means for Hughie, who looked decent off the bench last night.

Could one of Luke/JGP be leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

3rd choice SH at Leinster is a purgatory spot. JGP and McGrath are well established at this stage and aren't likely to be usurped. It feels like a bridge signing until a new young star is produced.

• Advertisement

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Could one of Luke/JGP be leaving?

stranger things have happened. can't see Luke leaving tho.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement