Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,353 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Translation: get rid of the foreigner.

Well it’s been a few weeks since Richie has played the Fardy should be out/ pretend to not understand his inclusion card, so he needs to play it now before Fardy is actually gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Clegg wrote: »
    Fardy is one of Leinsters greatest ever signings imo. You could see the difference he made to the pack in his first season. Wouldn't have won the European Cup without him. Was our best player that year.

His excellent handling in the wider channels have a new dimension to Leinsters attack and I've no doubt it has also influenced the younger Leinster forwards to play a more expansive game as well.

Even though he's not as good as he was a few years ago he's still comfortably a top 3 lock in the squad. He's well worth his place.

I still hold that we would have fared a lot better against Sarries had he been involved last September. He's one of Leinster's best ever signings, I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Fardy, Bent and Isa have been unreal signings. Easily made their mark over in Ireland. We'd be hard pushed to pick up 3 niq's close to that level.
    But Fardy and Toner are both looking aged. I would have went with Molony alongside Fardy. Toner and Dunne on the bench.
    I think a run of games for Dunne would do him a world of good. I think he's been good in his appearances so far.
    The squad is stretched, but the academy lads are getting minutes and doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Excellent article on Ryan Baird in the42 today

'Athletically, he is phenomenal. We really don't produce guys like him in Ireland'

https://the42.ie/5372936

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

fingers crossed he doesn't go like some of our other power athletes and end up spending half their careers on the injury report.

• Advertisement

Tim Corkery(u20 outhalf)with squad in Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

****ing hell Eir's online TV is just so reliably unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,675 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Crucial win tonight, controversy aside it's a big relief to walk away with 5 points and the final spot locked down, given the fact we're a player or two away from asking Darragh Fanning does he fancy lacing up his boots again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Penny deserves to play in the final. He's been in phenomenal form this season.

The Ulster lads will complain about the red, but I think Leinster had the winning of the game even if both sides kept 15 on the pitch. Our pack was simply much better than theirs. We scored a try with 14 men on the pitch and won the sin bin period. Just kept getting over the gain line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Some incredibly limited rugby on show tonight from Leinster. Against 14 men too. David Knox would be rolling in his grave.

• Advertisement

Some incredibly limited rugby on show tonight from Leinster. Against 14 men too. David Knox would be rolling in his grave.

David Knox is alive and Leinster are down to the bare bones.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Best performance tonight since Montpellier regardless of cards. Even when we were down a man, the Leinster pack were exceptional. They utterly dominated Ulster during those periods.

Michael Bent will be a massive loss next season if he leaves. He was superb.

Ross Byrne was very tidy. Looked to play what was in front of him although he dithered a bit at times.

First time I watched MOR and thought he could be a real option in future. Great first half.

Luke McGrath is getting no credit but in that sort of game he's worth his weight in gold. Really bossed things and directed his forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

JOB played well too. I prefer him at 15 as he has more space to play into, but his performance at outside centre tonight was decent.doukd be a good back up to Ringrose if it comes to it.

Penny and Bent were the pick of the forwards for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Buer wrote: »
    Best performance tonight since Montpellier regardless of cards. Even when we were down a man, the Leinster pack were exceptional. They utterly dominated Ulster during those periods.

Michael Bent will be a massive loss next season if he leaves. He was superb.

Ross Byrne was very tidy. Looked to play what was in front of him although he dithered a bit at times.

First time I watched MOR and thought he could be a real option in future. Great first half.

Luke McGrath is getting no credit but in that sort of game he's worth his weight in gold. Really bossed things and directed his forwards.
    Did Bent not sign a one year extension?

stephen_n wrote: »
    Did Bent not sign a one year extension?

No seems like he is heading back to NZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

bayern wrote: »
    No seems like he is heading back to NZ.

That is a huge shame as this is probably the best season he's had for us.

He looks like he has so much more to give.

In fairness if they're backing Vakh to get back to fitness then I can see it.

Or maybe Benty just wants to call it a day. Nothing but respect for that decision.

I can say with absolute certainty though we'd have been goosed without him this year

That is a huge shame as this is probably the best season he's had for us.

He looks like he has so much more to give.

In fairness if they're backing Vakh to get back to fitness then I can see it.

Or maybe Benty just wants to call it a day. Nothing but respect for that decision.

I can say with absolute certainty though we'd have been goosed without him this year

Fingers crossed he sticks around for another season. But couldn't blame any NZer who has the option to return home in doing so now.. especially if you have a young family given the circumstances.... suppose we will have to wait and see..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I'll completely jinx it but Ross Byrne is on course for the perfect season. 21 shots at goal, 21 scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I suppose VDF will miss out on Ireland 🇮🇪's effort this week as well as the Leinster match. I didn't realize he went off. I thought Murphy was great off the bench. Definitely adds grunt and power and looks like a really decent line out operator. If Bent leaves, he will be missed. Very good dependable player.
    So, maybe a glut of lads return this week. I hope to see Frawley and HB. Fair play to Osborne and MOR. They looked right at home these last couple of weeks.
    Treacy appears to be having problems with his throwing. He overthrew 2x, iirc. He's going to have to improve, Sheehan is on his heels.
    I thought Ruddock had a fine match. Carried, tackled and bust his gut all game. I can't understand some of the criticism he gets. He's very solid and puts everything out there on the field. Plus! He's my favorite Leinster player! So feck off. Lol

Buer wrote: »
    I'll completely jinx it but Ross Byrne is on course for the perfect season. 21 shots at goal, 21 scored.

@Thomond... can you have a word.

• Advertisement

Possible Zebre side on a short turn around:

1. Dooley
    2. Sheehan
    3. Clarkson
    4. Molony
    5. Dunne
    6. Murphy
    7. Penny
    8. Soroka
    9. Luke
    10. HB
    11. Kearney
    12. Frawley
    13. ROL
    14. Kelleher
    15. O'Reilly
    16. Tracy
    17. McGrath
    18. Bent
    19. Toner
    20. SOB
    21. Osborne
    22. Hawkshaw
    23. Osborne

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Leinster starting a 15 of second choice players would beat Munster's strongest 15. Discuss.

1. Michael Bent
    2. James Tracy
    3. Tadgh Furlong
    4. Ryan Baird
    5. Devin Toner
    6. Rhys Ruddock
    7. Josh Van Der Flier
    8. Jack Conan
    9. Luke McGrath
    10. Ross Byrne
    11. Dave Kearney
    12. Rory O'Laughlin
    13. Jimmy O'Brien
    14. Cian Kelleher
    15. Max O'Reilly

</****_stirring>

dregin wrote: »
    Leinster starting a 15 of second choice players would beat Munster's strongest 15. Discuss.

1. Michael Bent
    2. James Tracy
    3. Tadgh Furlong
    4. Ryan Baird
    5. Devin Toner
    6. Rhys Ruddock
    7. Josh Van Der Flier
    8. Jack Conan
    9. Luke McGrath
    10. Ross Byrne
    11. Dave Kearney
    12. Rory O'Laughlin
    13. Jimmy O'Brien
    14. Cian Kelleher
    15. Max O'Reilly

</****_stirring>

Not that team, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Dubinusa wrote: »
    I suppose VDF will miss out on Ireland &#55356;&#56814;&#55356;&#56810;'s effort this week as well as the Leinster match. I didn't realize he went off. I thought Murphy was great off the bench. Definitely adds grunt and power and looks like a really decent line out operator. If Bent leaves, he will be missed. Very good dependable player.
    So, maybe a glut of lads return this week. I hope to see Frawley and HB. Fair play to Osborne and MOR. They looked right at home these last couple of weeks.
    Treacy appears to be having problems with his throwing. He overthrew 2x, iirc. He's going to have to improve, Sheehan is on his heels.
    I thought Ruddock had a fine match. Carried, tackled and bust his gut all game. I can't understand some of the criticism he gets. He's very solid and puts everything out there on the field. Plus! He's my favorite Leinster player! So feck off. Lol

Ruddocks cops criticism for consistently having the sort of game that POM has a once or twice a season. Flashiness and angry face always valued more than putting in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,547 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

dregin wrote: »
    Leinster starting a 15 of second choice players would beat Munster's strongest 15 Again

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The Mocker Gods are watching.

The Mocker Gods are watching.

they've been watching for years to be fair.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,561 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ruddocks cops criticism for consistently having the sort of game that POM has a once or twice a season. Flashiness and angry face always valued more than putting in work.

one things you absolutely cannot accuse ruddock of is lack of work ethic.

he may be limited as a carrier, but his impact in the tight is always significant.

Leo Cullen has issued an injury update ahead of Friday’s Guinness PRO14 game against Zebre in the Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi (KO: 5.45pm – live on eir Sport).

There is a positive update on Harry Byrne who has progressed through the Graduated Return to Play Protocols and is expected to be available for selection.

In further positive news, Vakh Abdaladze took a limited part in team training last week as he continues to recover from a back injury and will again increase his involvement this week. He remains unavailable for Cullen but is building his involvement week on week.

A number of players require further assessment before a final decision will be made on their availability.

Ciarán Frawley injured his shoulder in the warm up against Glasgow Warriors and will have further assessment this week as will Josh van der Flier who was removed for a Head Injury Assessment against Ulster Rugby and will now follow the Graduated Return to Play Protocols in Ireland camp.

Finally, Seán Cronin picked up a back injury and was removed from the match day squad to face Ulster Rugby as a result and he will be further assessed this week.

No New Injury Update – Unavailable for Selection:

Tommy O’Brien (ankle), Adam Byrne (quad), Caelan Doris (concussive symptoms), Dan Leavy (knee), Conor O’Brien (knee) and Max Deegan (knee)

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement