Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

New season European and Alternative kit out 26/6.

Will just be a rinse and repeat of some other gear they have, just change the color. All the NZ stuff is basically the same as the Leinster stuff but in black. Lazy cost cutting BS, really disappointed with Adidas so far.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

stephen_n wrote: »
    Will just be a rinse and repeat of some other gear they have, just change the color. All the NZ stuff is basically the same as the Leinster stuff but in black. Lazy cost cutting BS, really disappointed with Adidas so far.
    They're both just Munster's home kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

dregin wrote: »
    They're both just Munster's home kit.

(With extra stars)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Coventry to play us in Donnybrook on Saturday 17 August for a pre season friendly

http://www.coventryrugby.co.uk/2019/06/19/coventry-rugby-confirms-pre-season-fixtures/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,675 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Great interview with Adam Byrne on the42: https://the42.ie/4691477

It's mad the amount of injuries he's picked up and just poor timing, every time he's gotten a run of form together he's ended up on the sidelines shortly after with a long injury or a niggle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭PMC83

yerrahbah wrote: »

More of the same iron on crap unfortunately, the blue one is nice enough, but the dark purple one? Blergh

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Much prefer the dark one. Sick of all this wavey ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

PMC83 wrote: »
    More of the same iron on crap unfortunately, the blue one is nice enough, but the dark purple one? Blergh

Agree on the iron on crap, think the purple one looks okay. Need to see them in the flesh to really judge though.

salmocab wrote: »
    Agree on the iron on crap, think the purple one looks okay. Need to see them in the flesh to really judge though.

It's a shame really, Leinster have definitely heard the fans on this and seen the jerseys with pealing stars and so on, yet persisted with the same quality.

• Advertisement

It's a shame really, Leinster have definitely heard the fans on this and seen the jerseys with pealing stars and so on, yet persisted with the same quality.

I don’t buy gear much at all anymore but last year got gym shorts and the adidas logo started peeling after 2 or 3 washes. It’s poor quality stuff. The Canterbury stuff was good quality although one or two Jerseys were questionable designs. Also the selection of gear has dropped significantly.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,563 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Sad state of affairs when the Chinese knock offs are better quality than the originals

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Sad state of affairs when the Chinese knock offs are better quality than the originals

Yep, bit of a shame. I will be hanging onto my 14/15 season Jersey and save my cash for the new Ireland WC jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Noel McNamara has been confirmed as Leinsters new Academy Manager. He's done brilliant work with the Ireland U20's which he can hopefully replicate with Leinsters young players.

• Administrators Posts: 53,795 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

"The Leinster Rugby European jersey is more than just a jersey, it’s a source of energy. The pattern of the jersey takes inspiration from the northern lights, creating a bold and vibrant spirit for their European campaign."

tenor.gif

That European jersey is woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

This is all on Adidas. Leinster cant get them to change their jersey templates, especially not if they are selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,620 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Quite like the purple

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Alternative jersey looks like a Sarries jersey. If you can't beat them, join them? :pac:

• Advertisement

molloyjh wrote: »
    This is all on Adidas. Leinster cant get them to change their jersey templates, especially not if they are selling.

Come on now, I would imagine Leinster saw the iron on logos on the home jersey proof, before it went on sale last summer, and have since seen how well they have lasted, yet here we are with a new set of jerseys that will have the same issue. Maybe at the start of the year they budget for 3/4 jersey designs, all with the iron on stuff, and its possible they can't change the actual production mid year.

Hopefully they are not tied into this for the duration of the contract. The quality is substandard, and Leinster know this.

Come on now, I would imagine Leinster saw the iron on logos on the home jersey proof, before it went on sale last summer, and have since seen how well they have lasted, yet here we are with a new set of jerseys that will have the same issue. Maybe at the start of the year they budget for 3/4 jersey designs, all with the iron on stuff, and its possible they can't change the actual production mid year.

Hopefully they are not tied into this for the duration of the contract. The quality is substandard, and Leinster know this.

I doubt it. More than likely they just see the designs and one of the samples, and then they're put into production. It's the exact same thing with the Munster gear too.

I doubt it. More than likely they just see the designs and one of the samples, and then they're put into production. It's the exact same thing with the Munster gear too.

If this is the case its a shame, you think they would have a look at the final product before 1000s of them are thrown on the shelf

They should surely be in s position that after last years iron on to say to adidas that’s not good enough. Adidas are a huge producer of sports gear and surely are capable of getting their logos on to clothes properly. I wouldn’t mind the iron on so much if they stayed on but the quality is just poor and both Leinster and adidas know this.

• Administrators Posts: 53,795 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Leinster are too small a market for adidas to do anything bespoke for them with the jerseys.

A design is picked from a catalogue and the colour from some colour palettes and that's it.

awec wrote: »
    Leinster are too small a market for adidas to do anything bespoke for them with the jerseys.

A design is picked from a catalogue and the colour from some colour palettes and that's it.

I’d say your about right on this but it doesn’t excuse the quality.

They should surely be in s position that after last years iron on to say to adidas that’s not good enough. Adidas are a huge producer of sports gear and surely are capable of getting their logos on to clothes properly. I wouldn’t mind the iron on so much if they stayed on but the quality is just poor and both Leinster and adidas know this.

The deal has been signed and Adidas have no interest in changing how they do things to suit a small time outfit like Leinster. How Leinster feel about it at this stage is irrelevant. That's the long and the short of it. As for Leinster, I doubt they really care that much tbh. They're driver for this isn't to keep fans happy, it's to bring in revenue. They've done that with the deals they have with Adidas and Lifestyle. It's up to them then to worry about the sale of the jerseys. Leinster can pretty much wash their hands of it. Which is how all professional clubs are these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,620 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Is this so that they're standardised to reduce production costs? Cause there's no way that its too expensive for a design team to work on a Leinster jersey for a bit longer.

AdamD wrote: »

Is this so that they're standardised to reduce production costs? Cause there's no way that its too expensive for a design team to work on a Leinster jersey for a bit longer.

That's exactly what it is. Canterbury were guilty of it too. They had standardised designs which they didn't deviate much from themselves, they just went to the extra expense of incorporating crests into the jersey itself.

• Advertisement

molloyjh wrote: »
    The deal has been signed and Adidas have no interest in changing how they do things to suit a small time outfit like Leinster. How Leinster feel about it at this stage is irrelevant. That's the long and the short of it. As for Leinster, I doubt they really care that much tbh. They're driver for this isn't to keep fans happy, it's to bring in revenue. They've done that with the deals they have with Adidas and Lifestyle. It's up to them then to worry about the sale of the jerseys. Leinster can pretty much wash their hands of it. Which is how all professional clubs are these days.

Adidas have pursued deals with Leinster and Munster if those provinces don’t have any input into the quality of the stuff adidas are putting out then they have made bad deals. I’ve no doubt your right by the way but it doesn’t excuse the slop that is being made and sold.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement