Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

errlloyd wrote: »
    Yeah, Leinster only scored 132 tries this season. Sad.

Side note, sickened to finish the pro14 on 99. I presume there aren't a lot of centuries in Pro14 history.

There's none.

Leinster broke their own record which they set last season which they broke from the season before ha.

Getting the even ton would have been nice.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Heymans wrote: »
    Really? What about the static attack we had in the Champions Cup final? When we come across teams that are interested in fronting up we are limited. Thanks for your incisive insight.

Except in this case "teams that are interested" is a category populated by literally one team.

Also, some of the biggest problems we had in that final were occasions when Leinster were uncharacteristically careless with possession.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,563 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Really? What about the static attack we had in the Champions Cup final? When we come across teams that are interested in fronting up we are limited. Thanks for your incisive insight.

your negative view point doesnt deserve discussion... its more of a reflection of yourself than any debate worthy insight.

Leinster have broken the try scoring record in the pro14 for two years in a row now....
    scored the highest tries in the 2018 ECC with 30, and 33 in 2019... only matched by the eventual winners saracens.

if you want to watch teams flinging the ball around with abandon go follow fiji sevens...... becuase you obvously dont understand whats needed to succeed at the 15s game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

There's none.

Leinster broke their own record which they set last season which they broke from the season before ha.

Getting the even ton would have been nice.

Yeah had a look at the table, 4 years ago 70 tries was a good total.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

sydthebeat wrote: »
    your negative view point doesnt deserve discussion... its more of a reflection of yourself than any debate worthy insight.

Leinster have broken the try scoring record in the pro14 for two years in a row now....
    scored the highest tries in the 2018 ECC with 30, and 33 in 2019... only matched by the eventual winners saracens.

if you want to watch teams flinging the ball around with abandon go follow fiji sevens...... becuase you obvously dont understand whats needed to succeed at the 15s game.

Personally I would prefer to watch the Leinster of '05 play than I would the Leinster of '18 play. To win with style is the Unicorn I'm looking for.

• Advertisement

Do you think people are just determined to be unhappy about everything about a team they supposedly support or is it their default and they can't help it?

I pity someone of either mentality

Or else they are perfectionists always looking for the extra 2-3%. Nothing wrong with continuous improvement.

Personally I would prefer to watch the Leinster of '05 play than I would the Leinster of '18 play. To win with style is the Unicorn I'm looking for.

there was a hell of a lot of dirge played by Leinster in the end of the kidney / start of the cheika era...... an inability to win away in France..... and consistent failings at the business end of the season showings in the pro 12.

if you want to go back to that off with you... it will be a solo journey.

there was a hell of a lot of dirge played by Leinster in the end of the kidney / start of the cheika era...... an inability to win away in France..... and consistent failings at the business end of the season showings in the pro 12.

if you want to go back to that off with you... it will be a solo journey.

I seem to remember Leinster winning in style against Toulouse in France in April '06. The backline was better than it is now and went forward in possession. Winning is not everything and you have heard the coaching mantra of "performance" being the key element in deciphering a teams ability.

I seem to remember Leinster winning in style against Toulouse in France in April '06. The backline was better than it is now and went forward in possession. Winning is not everything and you have heard the coaching mantra of "performance" being the key element in deciphering a teams ability.

4 months earlier in the same season Leinster were beaten by the whipping boys Bourgoin in France, and at home by Bath ...... everything wasnt all spakles and unicorn jizz...

"winning isnt everything" is perhaps the worst mantra you can ascribe to a professional sports team.

while its a pointless comparative, but the Leinster team of 2018 would beat the '05 team many, many times over.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ahh the halcyon days of the Ladyboys. Brilliant hair, brilliant trys, won jack****.

Let us never go there again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,549 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Clegg wrote: »
    Ahh the halcyon days of the Ladyboys. Brilliant hair, brilliant trys, won jack****.

Let us never go there again.

That's Munster now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    That's Munster now.

PoM wishes he had D'arcys glorious flowing mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

That's Munster now.

Without the brilliant hair and tries

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

I'm not vein enough to be worse than Buer.

Bloody spelling.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I seem to remember you posting something completely different to that previously. Was it during a conversation about kids or under-age teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

I'm still laughing. Very funny. :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭durthacht

Yes, Leinster's attack was poor in that game but I disagree that was a lack of expansive play. Saracens defence was so brilliant that there was probably no way to pass through it, and Leinster should have kicked much more to get Saracens on the back foot. Kicking is often seen as the opposite of expansive play which is why I disagree with your analysis. I thought Leinster's problem was poor game management and not enough intelligent kicking.

Otherwise, I think their attack is excellent and as good as any club side in Europe. The wing options are better than three or four years ago, and the centres are Lions standard although I worry about the lack of a second playmaker.

Arno Botha has the hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Watch the first try in the Toulouse match in Aviva this season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Arno Botha has the hair

That makes it sound like they have one set of hair that they share. A bit like the strange Cork/Limerick arrangement. The hair moves around to ensure everyone gets a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 mark_way

molloyjh wrote: »
    Or maybe you could just disagree in a civil way rather than having a go. Play the ball, not the man if you will.

That was me being civil. Sorry if I'm a bit too real for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

mark_way wrote: »
    Or maybe you could just disagree in a civil way rather than having a go. Play the ball, not the man if you will.

That was me being civil. Sorry if I'm a bit too real for some people.

That wasn't real. It was aggressive and immature. But knock yourself out if you want to continue posting like that. That stuff only ever reflects on you and the level and quality of responses you get will sink to that level.

Real, I mean that actually just made me laugh. You were just missing the air quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mark_way

That wasn't real. It was aggressive and immature. But knock yourself out if you want to continue posting like that. That stuff only ever reflects on you and the level and quality of responses you get will sink to that level.

Real, I mean that actually just made me laugh. You were just missing the air quotes.

Lol yeah watever, pal. Ur just sore coz I called u out on your keyboard warrior post saying you disliked Zebo. U were probably the first to jump down someone's throat if they brought up Heaslip's personality as a negative.

Lol yeah watever, pal. Ur just sore coz I called u out on your keyboard warrior post saying you disliked Zebo. U were probably the first to jump down someone's throat if they brought up Heaslip's personality as a negative.

What was up with heaslips personality?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What was up with heaslips personality?

I think Heaslips comments about not watching a lot of rugby and his social media stuff and outside interests (business ventures etc) annoyed people for some bizarre reason.

I always found him to be a very interesting character. A really driven individual who didnt see rugby as the be all of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I think Heaslips comments about not watching a lot of rugby and his social media stuff and outside interests (business ventures etc) annoyed people for some bizarre reason.

I always found him to be a very interesting character. A really driven individual who didnt see rugby as the be all of life.

But but but the headphones!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I'm not your pal, guy.

Well if that’s the reason I think people need to look at themselves

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I seem to remember you posting something completely different to that previously. Was it during a conversation about kids or under-age teams?

I think you need to understand the difference between humour and geniune commentary. I jested that my 7 year olds winning was the most important thing in my life. Humour transplant on aisle 4.

• Advertisement

4 months earlier in the same season Leinster were beaten by the whipping boys Bourgoin in France, and at home by Bath ...... everything wasnt all spakles and unicorn jizz...

"winning isnt everything" is perhaps the worst mantra you can ascribe to a professional sports team.

while its a pointless comparative, but the Leinster team of 2018 would beat the '05 team many, many times over.

They might lose because the packs aren't even but the 05/06 backline was sparkling compared to the impotence we have today in our backs. That Toulouse win away from home was the beginning of the golden era of Leinster. We have tried to stretch that out with dross rugby by grinding teams down. It's not as catching to the eye to watch and it's boring rugby grinding teams down up front.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement