Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Well if that’s the reason I think people need to look at themselves

Last seconds of Leinster v Munster semi final in 2009. Heaslip has the ball. Clock goes red, Heaslip nonchalantly runs off the pitch to end the game having tormented Munster for the duration.

The day the hatred begun.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Last seconds of Leinster v Munster semi final in 2009. Heaslip has the ball. Clock goes red, Heaslip nonchalantly runs off the pitch to end the game having tormented Munster for the duration.

The day the hatred begun.

:D

Haha haha.......true

Also Sexton standing over ROG and still to this day some supporters try to get the boot in on every occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Heymans wrote: »
    I think you need to understand the difference between humour and geniune commentary. I jested that my 7 year olds winning was the most important thing in my life. Humour transplant on aisle 4.

Sorry I didn't get your joke. It was obviously a good one. Maybe it's a cultural thing. I don't find Mrs Brown or Des Bishop or the Republic of whatever funny either.

The best joke was saying that "winning isn't everything" when talking about pro sports. It's pretty much all that matters. Do you really want to go back to the days of the plucky Irish being gallant losers on the rugby field?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,675 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

You'd swear it was an international window, usually we only get this sort of carry-on during those periods.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

They might lose because the packs aren't even but the 05/06 backline was sparkling compared to the impotence we have today in our backs. That Toulouse win away from home was the beginning of the golden era of Leinster. We have tried to stretch that out with dross rugby by grinding teams down. It's not as catching to the eye to watch and it's boring rugby grinding teams down up front.

Absolutely bizarre reading of history given what came after that game. Never even mind the humiliation of the next game, Leinster's results got progressively worse over the following seasons.

The Toulouse win was the last hurrah of an approach that occasionally looked nice but was ultimately unsuccessful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

You'd swear it was an international window, usually we only get this sort of carry-on during those periods.

Love island has the teenagers all excited

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Absolutely bizarre reading of history given what came after that game. Never even mind the humiliation of the next game, Leinster's results got progressively worse over the following seasons.

The Toulouse win was the last hurrah of an approach that occasionally looked nice but was ultimately unsuccessful.

This 100%. Even coming up to this golden age of Leinster back play, the 2003 semi against Perpignan had BoD, Disco Den, Darce and Girve playing- that went great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mark_way

Right. I've done the calculations and Leinster will top the seedings after the pool stages next season with 24, 25 or 28 points, depending on how the result goes in the away Northampton match.

Clermont (23), Toulouse (22), either Munster or Saracens (19 points) and La Rochelle (17) will round out the group winners. And it'll be Ulster, Northampton and Saracens or Munster as the three runners-up who get through.

That means it could easily be Leinster v Munster in a quarter final in the Aviva. I can see Munster possibly getting the better of Leinster in that one. No team can hold the wood over another team forever and with the addition of Larkham, Munster's attacking game will in all liklihood be several grades sharper than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

mark_way wrote: »
    Right. I've done the calculations and Leinster will top the seedings after the pool stages next season with 24, 25 or 28 points, depending on how the result goes in the away Northampton match.

Clermont (23), Toulouse (22), either Munster or Saracens (19 points) and La Rochelle (17) will round out the group winners. And it'll be Ulster, Northampton and Saracens or Munster as the three runners-up who get through.

That means it could easily be Leinster v Munster in a quarter final in the Aviva. I can see Munster possibly getting the better of Leinster in that one. No team can hold the wood over another team forever and with the addition of Larkham, Munster's attacking game will in all liklihood be several grades sharper than before.

Good stuff, what’s the weather gonna be like in the Leinster Munster game? Just wanna sort me clothes out in advance

Where are Racing in these maths?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

S01E01-d7fvoiyn-subtitled.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

S01E01-d7fvoiyn-subtitled.jpg

He's been moved to the 'Tunnel of Goats.'

• Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

jacothelad wrote: »
    He's been moved to the 'Tunnel of Goats.'

That's just a giant tube with Furlong and James Ryan inside

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jaansu

Where are Racing in these maths?

Forget Racing, what are next week's Lotto numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

It will be:

first place in their groups:
    Leinster, Exeter, Clermont, Saracens, Toulouse.

Second place qualifyers:
    Montpellier, Munster, Ulster.

It will be:

first place in their groups:
    Leinster, Exeter, Clermont, Saracens, Toulouse.

Second place qualifyers:
    Montpellier, Munster, Ulster.

Exeter? Glasgow or La Rochelle have a better chance in that group

Exeter bottle it in europe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭slingerz

Exeter? Glasgow or La Rochelle have a better chance in that group

Exeter bottle it in europe

Depends on RWC but with the addition of Hogg I would expect Exeter to that that group.
    Very tough side and play a style suited to cup rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mark_way

how.gareth wrote: »
    Good stuff, what’s the weather gonna be like in the Leinster Munster game? Just wanna sort me clothes out in advance

You are worrying unnecessarily, as the attire of the Leinster fan is the same regardless of what the weather is like. Supporters have a sense of style and flamboyance that matches that of their team. At games, most prefer to wear the team's alternative strip, which comprises a pink shirt with blond streaks in the hair, and designer shades worn on top of the head. For the women it's UGG boots, mini skirts and tops that expose at least 6 inches of midriff. If it's freezing, the St John's ambulance service generally has extra crews on hand at matches to deal with cases of frostbite and hypothermia.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

You are worrying unnecessarily, as the attire of the Leinster fan is the same regardless of what the weather is like. Supporters have a sense of style and flamboyance that matches that of their team. At games, most prefer to wear the team's alternative strip, which comprises a pink shirt with blond streaks in the hair, and designer shades worn on top of the head. For the women it's UGG boots, mini skirts and tops that expose at least 6 inches of midriff. If it's freezing, the St John's ambulance service generally has extra crews on hand at matches to deal with cases of frostbite and hypothermia.

How can someone be so aware that the style of rugby has changed drastically since 2007, but blissfully unaware that the fashion of the fans is now completely different.

UGG boots?
    Streaks in hair?
    6 inch heels?

your still in the noughties with that fashion

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,795 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

He pretty accurately describes all the Leinster fans I’ve ever met to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,548 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

awec wrote: »

Yourself included

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Excuse me, my streaks are distinguished grey, not blonde.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

molloyjh wrote: »
    Excuse me, my streaks are distinguished grey, not blonde.

All my T-shirt’s reveal 6 inches of midriff.

Based on this forum it should be

70% on the beer and not caring about watching the rugby
    25% complaint about them and discussing the good old days when stadium was empty
    5% Ulster/Munster fans just happy to watch decent rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

25% complaint about them and discussing the good old days when stadium was empty
    5% Ulster/Munster fans just happy to watch decent rugby

That last 5% should be Ulster/Munster fans complaining about how easy Leinster have it with all these training runs and winning by large margins.

Theres also a certain % on the terrace complaining about the officials...."he's off his feet!" (that's one for those on the small terrace, you all know what I mean).

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭IAmTheReign

Nice to know there's at least one optimistic Munster fan left! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

5% Ulster/Munster fans and management scouting for talent

Fixed that

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

Well if that’s the reason I think people need to look at themselves

Nah he was keeping Coughlin or callin as they call him from a well deserved 100 caps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Jaysus that old harp is way stronger than I thought.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement