Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

I wasn’t able to make the game, but from reading a couple of reviews and comments online it sounds like Harry Byrne played well (6/6 off the tee too).

Leinster also stuck up a couple photos of the players in the new jersey, and Josh Murphy looks like he’s bulked up a fair bit in the off season.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

Edmc123 wrote: »
    For the people who went to the Coventry match on Saturday did any of the young Leinster players stand out?

Harry Byrne was probably the only one who really stood out in the backs. Took his try very well. Arguably had another try but the ref deemed it obstruction.

In the forwards, Ronan Foley showed good footwork in the tight channels. Ryan Baird came off the bench and made a really impressive break down the wing. But the standout in the pack was Ronan Kelleher. Strong in contact on either side of the ball and had a couple busting runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭wise7

DonVito wrote: »
    Harry Byrne was probably the only one who really stood out in the backs. Took his try very well. Arguably had another try but the ref deemed it obstruction.

In the forwards, Ronan Foley showed good footwork in the tight channels. Ryan Baird came off the bench and made a really impressive break down the wing. But the standout in the pack was Ronan Kelleher. Strong in contact on either side of the ball and had a couple busting runs.
    Was impressed too with Josh Murphy in 2nd Row who has bulked up quite a bit and Will Connors put in a good shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster have announced the squad that will travel to Canada.

Forwards

Vakh Abdaladze (7 Leinster Rugby caps)
    Ryan Baird (1)*
    Michael Bent (124)
    Bryan Byrne (42)
    Ed Byrne (45)
    Will Connors (5)
    Max Deegan (46)
    Peter Dooley (61)
    Caelan Doris (16)
    Scott Fardy (44)
    Rónan Kelleher (2)
    Martin Moloney (0)*
    Ross Molony (82)
    Josh Murphy (21)
    James Tracy (92)

Backs

Adam Byrne (52)
    Harry Byrne (0)*
    Barry Daly (36)
    Ciarán Frawley (14)
    Hugo Keenan (5)
    Cian Kelleher (7)
    Conor O’Brien (17)
    Jimmy O’Brien (7)
    Rory O’Loughlin (61)
    Hugh O’Sullivan (14)
    Patrick Patterson (3)*
    Joe Tomane (13)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Looks like the best 27 available to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

errlloyd wrote: »
    Looks like the best 27 available to be fair

Missing JGP and Ferg, Penny/Lowe due to injury as well, I think Jack Dunne may be injured as well but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

I though Barry Daly looked both hungry and sharp too.

Dan Leavy says he's hopeful about returning from injury before the end of the coming season. But that's a very narrow window I think, especially if Leinster have any important European Cup or League games. May not see him until the 20/21 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

That was Rowan Osborne who had it chalked off.

On that topic I was very impressed with him. His passing was crisp off both hands and he was passing from the base of the ruck which is a nice change.

Harry Byrne is deservedly getting a lot of plaudits but a lot of that came from excellent service from inside him.

The contrast between Osborne and Patterson was stark. Pattersons passing was laboured off both sides and his runners were frequently having to check their run

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Clegg wrote: »
    Dan Leavy says he's hopeful about returning from injury before the end of the coming season. But that's a very narrow window I think, especially if Leinster have any important European Cup or League games. May not see him until the 20/21 season.
    Passed him on the way into Donnybrook on Saturday and while he was limping, there was no strapping or crutches to be seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

dregin wrote: »
    Passed him on the way into Donnybrook on Saturday and while he was limping, there was no strapping or crutches to be seen.

Be better if there was no limping though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Hard to listen to on radio, at one stage I thought he was going to cry.....poor lad

He seemed positive so really I wouldn't care about dates of when he will come back. If he can come back and play that will be huge bonus

If he will never suffer from it long term then thats the main point.....no point coming back and playing and then ending up having issues the rest of his life

Interesting to see he is doing a day a week in company....good planning

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

It was less a limp and just more an awkward walk. PANIC NOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

If we see him again I’ll be happy enough.

Tough interview to listen to.

Looking forward to seeing him back, when he makes it. He's only a young lad, we will wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Champions Cup fixtures have been announced. First game up is Benetton at home on Sat 16th November.

https://www.epcrugby.com/champions-cup/matches/fixtures-and-results/

Saint v Leinster a 1 kick off in afternoon....I dont like that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,620 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

1pm on a Sunday, crap time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭PMC83

Flights to Lyon jumped up by 200 lids over 15 minutes, was just about to book. So annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Another game the day of my daughters birthday. FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭legohouse

PMC83 wrote: »
    Flights to Lyon jumped up by 200 lids over 15 minutes, was just about to book. So annoying!

I've booked via lufthansa for Lyon. Transferring in Frankfurt
    Out Sat 23rd morning @ 05.00
    Dearting back Sun 24th eve @ 18.40
    €120 return
    Go get it :)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,574 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ed Byrne
    Bryan Byrne
    Michael Bent

RyanBaird
    Scott Fardy

Max Deegan
    Will Connors
    Caelan Doris

Hugh O'Sullivan
    Ciaran Frawley
    Barry Daly
    Conor O'Brien
    Rory O'Loughlin
    Adam Byrne
    Jimmy O'Brien

team v Canada
    could very well win that game

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Ed Byrne
    Bryan Byrne
    Michael Bent

RyanBaird
    Scott Fardy

Max Deegan
    Will Connors
    Caelan Doris

Hugh O'Sullivan
    Ciaran Frawley
    Barry Daly
    Conor O'Brien
    Rory O'Loughlin
    Adam Byrne
    Jimmy O'Brien

team v Canada
    could very well win that game

They will win unless Canada have suddenly improved dramtically

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

molloyjh wrote: »

Children ruin your life!! :D

Surely the grandparents/aunts and uncles/godparents would love the opportunity to spoil her rotten for her entire birthday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    molloyjh wrote: »

Children ruin your life!! :D

Surely the grandparents/aunts and uncles/godparents would love the opportunity to spoil her rotten for her entire birthday weekend.

They'll be at the rugby too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

That's excellent news.

Edit: This is a 8pm kick off...!

Ross Byrne looks to have kicked on over the summer. Playing well in Twickenham so far.

Ross Byrne looks to have kicked on over the summer. Playing well in Twickenham so far.

He was until we stopped getting over the gain line. Whole team is struggling badly.

Ringrose had some nice touches when he got a bit of space. But that's been so infrequently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well missed the Ireland game today, lucky me, any more info on watching Canada v Leinster would be appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement