Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

guapos wrote: »
    Seems strange that Fardy is allowed a break in Japan just when the season is starting.

All the rest of the teams will be playing with reduced squads.

This is a chance for the kids etc to get a run and show what they can do. No need for a huge amount of the main players to be around.

It shows great faith in the kids that Leinster thrust them to win these games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Yeah, thought it was cool to see Lowe popping up in their facebook feed a bit recently. I wonder if that influence, can help with the schools in the area too.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    The quote in the article said he asked the squad "what's a club no one would think of?" and someone said "Clondalkin" so he went with that.

Doesn't sound like there was much science/thought put to it beyond not wanting to be simply assigned to a Dublin AIL club.

Time for me to polish up my 1978 Community Games rugby silver medal for Clondalkin and bask in some reflected glory methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Yeah, thought it was cool to see Lowe popping up in their facebook feed a bit recently. I wonder if that influence, can help with the schools in the area too.
    Would be great if it did.
    Would be great to see more of the Leinster players from outside the city moved their affiliation back to their home clubs like Furlong to New Ross, Adam Byrne to Naas, Dooley to Birr etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

15. Jimmy O’Brien (7)
    14. Adam Byrne (52)
    13. Rory O’Loughlin (61)
    12. Joe Tomane (13)
    11. Dave Kearney (136)
    10. Ross Byrne (71)
    9. Jamison Gibson-Park (70)
    1. Peter Dooley (61)
    2. Rónan Kelleher (2)
    3. Michael Bent (124)
    4. Ross Molony (82) CAPTAIN
    5. Devin Toner (231)
    6. Max Deegan (46)
    7. Will Connors (5)
    8. Caelan Doris (16)

16. James Tracy (92)
    17. Michael Milne (0)
    18. Vakh Abdaladze (7)
    19. Josh Murphy (21)
    20. Scott Penny (6)
    21. Hugh O’Sullivan (14)
    22. Harry Byrne (0)
    23. Hugo Keenan (5)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Will we ever get 5 Byrnes on the pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Tidy pack I think

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Is Ferg injured again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

.ak wrote: »
    Is Ferg injured again?

He's been out looking for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

.ak wrote: »
    Is Ferg injured again?

Is he still banned? Do pre season games count for a ban?

• Advertisement

No better comfort on your first senior start (?) than to be throwing to Toner! Go well Ronan. Hoping for a big season.

Very strong team considering who we have missing

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Good to see Penny back fit after missing out on the U20s. Big season ahead of him hopefully with Dan out injured and Josh coming back from the RWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    He's been out looking for you

He does love his sandals I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Kevski wrote: »
    Mine arrived on Friday of last week!

Mine did too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Is COB injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I'd actually forgotten about Will Connors. By all accounts he's rated quite highly by Leinster's coaches. It'll be tough for him to reach the highest level when there's such quality ahead of him, but I've high hopes all the same.

He'll have plenty of chances too this season. With SoB gone, Leavy out for the season and VdF at the WC it's himself and Penny scrapping for the starting berth.

Clegg wrote: »
    I'd actually forgotten about Will Connors. By all accounts he's rated quite highly by Leinster's coaches. It'll be tough for him to reach the highest level when there's such quality ahead of him, but I've high hopes all the same.

He'll have plenty of chances too this season. With SoB gone, Leavy out for the season and VdF at the WC it's himself and Penny scrapping for the starting berth.

Connors has looked very, very impressive so far. He's got a similar engine to VDF but probably a bit more physical.

Probably not tipped for as big things as VDF or Leavy but he could well be one to watch this season

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

So strange to see Jack McGrath in an Ulster jersey...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Well, there's always Leinster!

Having said that, I was slightly depressed reading the season ticket email the other day saying that the Pro14 trophy is on display.

But not the Heineken cup.....

Conan sent home injured with a broken foot. Hopefully not out for too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Conan sent home injured with a broken foot. Hopefully not out for too long.

From a Leinster point of view it’s not too harsh really as he wouldn’t have been back for a month or so anyway.

Leinsters first Champions Cup game is six weeks away. Can't imagine Conan will.be back for that. This is a huge chance for Deegan and Doris to break into the starting 15. Time for one of them to step up.

Leinsters first Champions Cup game is six weeks away. Can't imagine Conan will.be back for that. This is a huge chance for Deegan and Doris to break into the starting 15. Time for one of them to step up.

Who would you start? I'd like to see Deegan push on and get the start and a nice run off the back of it.

Who would you start? I'd like to see Deegan push on and get the start and a nice run off the back of it.

I'd start Deegan. Doris might be a more powerful carrier, but the former has much more rounded skillset. He's a very good linkman, useful at the breakdown and is potentially the best passer of our forwards. Also a good carrier. Not a brute, but he's excellent at finding weak shoulders and making metres.

I'd start Deegan. Doris might be a more powerful carrier, but the former has much more rounded skillset. He's a very good linkman, useful at the breakdown and is potentially the best passer of our forwards. Also a good carrier. Not a brute, but he's excellent at finding weak shoulders and making metres.

Good shout. Could see him getting to Leavy/Conan levels if he gets a good run.

On an unrelated note, Nick McCarthy is starting at 9 today for Munster. Hope he gets on well down there, never really pushed on for Leinster and JGPs arrival really pushed him out.

26-0 to Leinster A after 26 minutes in the Celtic Cup.

50-5 with a few minutes left.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

You could almost feel Toner's ambition there, score a try early on to make a point, but he really should have given the pass there.

Picture perfect kick pass from Ross Byrne. Very poor drop from Kearney.

• Advertisement

No need for JGP to do that. We had a pen in front of their posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement