Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

accensi0n wrote: »
    Any inkleynation who it was?

We don't have that many lineout jumpers, guess and you could be right 20% of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Seems unnecessary in the extreme

I was actually thinking I don’t ever remember going into the rds and ever having to queue behind more than 2 or 3 people. This seems an odd thing to do.
    On another note hopefully they haven’t changed the blue scoreboard on the angelsea stand that eyes can’t focus on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Season ticket pack collection is not where tickets are checked at entry and never has been, so that would have zero effect on queuing in. There'll be more or less the same amount of STH attending this game as any other.

It's not going to make much difference but is likely just something (a dedicated STH entrance) that they're trying to make a 'perk'.

I know it’s in a different section but it’s always a disaster as even with sign all the fans walk up to ask where to go etc ...

At a standard pro14 game you have no issue getting in and out plus 80% of fans are season ticket holders so not sure why you would need?

Even the big European game its never mental or anything to suggest it would be a perk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I know it’s in a different section but it’s always a disaster as even with sign all the fans walk up to ask where to go etc ...

At a standard pro14 game you have no issue getting in and out plus 80% of fans are season ticket holders so not sure why you would need?

Even the big European game its never mental or anything to suggest it would be a perk

Oh I agree it's a silly perk and considering they sell out of season tickets every year in each section (outside of north and south stands), its bizarre to think it actually adds anything or makes the package more appealing.

I've only had to queue more than two or three minutes very rarely in the last ten years of going.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,580 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It's like priority boarding on Ryanair.

If 90% of passangers is it, its not priority at all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Is Cian Kelleher injured? Looking like a bad idea for him to move back if hes not injured and not making the 23 during this world cup period.

Not injured just not impressing yet I guess. It did seem like a strange move with all the back 3 options we have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Niallof9 wrote: »
    Adam Byrne really needs to leave..in and out of squads constantly.

That's not really true though.

He played 1058 minutes last season which is more than most all of the players who wouldn't be in the international picture - the likes of ROL, Tracy, JGP, Fardy, Ross Byrne etc.

He did only play 14 games which would be less than them but he had a stop start season with injury and his season was finished in early April.

But before that he had started and played the full 80 in 4 European Cup games including the quarter final.

I think the attitude shouldn't be "he needs to leave" and more "I hope he can convince the coaches he's one of the first names in the teamsheet as he's clearly got the potential"

That's not really true though.

He played 1058 minutes last season which is more than most all of the players who wouldn't be in the international picture - the likes of ROL, Tracy, JGP, Fardy, Ross Byrne etc.

He did only play 14 games which would be less than them but he had a stop start season with injury and his season was finished in early April.

But before that he had started and played the full 80 in 4 European Cup games including the quarter final.

I think the attitude shouldn't be "he needs to leave" and more "I hope he can convince the coaches he's one of the first names in the teamsheet as he's clearly got the potential"

If anything you might have said that in preseason last year. Byrne looked to have dropped down the pecking order and was a forgotten man

He seemed to get a huge number of chances last season and had some brill games. Wasn't he called up for the AI?

He is still young and is probably looking at it and saying he could be starting wing with Lowe fo the next 4-5 seasons

Even Ireland, not like we have loads of wingers with Earls retiring etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Even Ireland, not like we have loads of wingers with Earls retiring etc

He is? When?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Synode wrote: »
    He is? When?

Nothing announced, that I'm aware of but at 32 you'd imagine hes on his last contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I wouldn't read much into Byrne not being selected this week. It's just the second game of the season and we need to give our entire squad game time. The back three for the Benneton match have been rotated out entirely. He played last week, scored a try and continued his impressive form from last season. He's already laid down an early season market for Leinster's other wings.

Any word on the goodies tonight? I could really go for a new scarf right about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

salmocab wrote: »
    Any word on the goodies tonight? I could really go for a new scarf right about now.

I can confirm it's another ****ing scarf.

troyzer wrote: »

I’d genuinely be disappointed if it wasn’t another scarf to add to the pile of scarves I don’t wear. The only one I use was the year it was extra long for some reason. I love a bit of tat, key rings and stickers are a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Any whispers of anyone getting pulled from tonight?

I’d genuinely be disappointed if it wasn’t another scarf to add to the pile of scarves I don’t wear. The only one I use was the year it was extra long for some reason. I love a bit of tat, key rings and stickers are a winner.

No tat. It's awful this year. Scarf, weird 7" tablet bag and a USB cable. I **** you not.

No tat. It's awful this year. Scarf, weird 7" tablet bag and a USB cable. I **** you not.

I get free usb cables with everything these days

Same. It'll be broken immediately.

And I don't have an iPad mini.

Same. It'll be broken immediately.

And I don't have an iPad mini.

Actually, you could probably get a full iPad in there.

I don't have one of those either.

That will be property of a child by 9:30 tomorrow morning

• Advertisement

That will be property of a child by 9:30 tomorrow morning

I can't imagine this entire kit cost more than €3 to Leinster.

On the other hand, the OLSC stein will be mine.

€20 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Scarf, tablet pouch, universal USB cable. Not the worst.

The Leinster pack is always the same

Then again for the price of the ticket how many games a season do you get?

It’s exceptional value for the entertainment you get, maybe Leinster could offer more stuff in pack but then they would pump up price of ticket ...ask the fans and see what they want, cheaper ticket or more crap in season ticket pack?

Dominic Ryan is doing pitch side punditry for Eir. Good to see him getting a post retirement gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

Nice :-)

class try!

Excellent passing, running lines and support lines from Leinsters forwards for that try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

RDS pitch looks to be in great condition

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Ross byrnes kicks are ridiculous

• Advertisement

Forced it twice there. should have been patient. Encouraging signs, though, so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement