Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Is this Deegan’s 50th cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Faugheen wrote: »
    Is this Deegan’s 50th cap?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,639 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

molloyjh wrote: »
    Yeah Tomane has been really good so far this season. Anyone know what the story is with Conor O'Brien? Is he injured?

He was 23 for the Ospreys game but not a whisper since.

He was 23 for the Ospreys game but not a whisper since.

Forgot about that...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,451 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

is will connors injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

molloyjh wrote: »
    Yeah Tomane has been really good so far this season. Anyone know what the story is with Conor O'Brien? Is he injured?

I read online that the coaches weren't happy with the condition CoB was in when he started pre-season training. Maybe he's still trying to get himself back into proper shape?

On that note, does anyone think that James Lowe is carrying an extra kilo or two? He's not a rapid winger by any means and his game is about explosiveness over 10-15 metres. But I think he's looked a bit slow this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Does this mean Cian Kellehers signing wasn’t a mistake and he shouldn’t go back to Connacht?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Does this mean Cian Kellehers signing wasn’t a mistake and he shouldn’t go back to Connacht?

It’s hard to see where he’ll fit in. He’s not rubbish or anything but we’re fairly stacked at back 3

Yes. I mean no. I mean come back to me after the game on Saturday when we can either herald him as the saviour or denounce him as poison (sorry ak).

sydthebeat wrote: »
    is will connors injured?

No just rotation I think, he played 7 against Treviso and Ospreys, Penny got Edinburgh and this game. Likely trying to give as many options a chance before the internationals return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Clegg wrote: »
    I read online that the coaches weren't happy with the condition CoB was in when he started pre-season training. Maybe he's still trying to get himself back into proper shape?

On that note, does anyone think that James Lowe is carrying an extra kilo or two? He's not a rapid winger by any means and his game is about explosiveness over 10-15 metres. But I think he's looked a bit slow this season.

I thought that alright, he was put away in the last game and he was hauled in very easily. He did look sluggish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I thought that alright, he was put away in the last game and he was hauled in very easily. He did look sluggish

Did he not have an operation over the close season?

Lowe had a shoulder operation, missed majority of preseason as a result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Lowe had a shoulder operation, missed majority of preseason as a result

I was thinking so

Natural to be behind his training

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Watching the Zebre game. Plenty of gratuitous camera shots of Italian beauties in the crowd. This must have been what the 1970's were like!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

For whatever reason, eir Sport crashed into the match about 8 minutes in with no explanation.

icdg wrote: »
    For whatever reason, eir Sport crashed into the match about 8 minutes in with no explanation.

They do that occasionally. It’s bloody annoying. It’s like someone forgets to switch over from extra

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I thought this game was at 1815... They put up the wrong time on website...

Probably local time

The website displays local time kick off I think. It's the same for the Six Nations site. I've gotten kick off times for France games wrong in the past because of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,818 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Very tight first half. Weather and pitch are appalling.

A few good opportunities for both teams to dot down but good defence or poor attacking decisions have it nearly locked.

Is Conor O'Brien injured or just not being picked. Didn't notice him in the injury update this week and haven't seen him much this year outside a brief cameo against Ospreys and that Canada game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Typical. Would it be so hard to have a notification at top of page saying 'All games listed are in local tine' or beside relevant away game saying 'Local Time'.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,451 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Best part of this game has been the music on the down time.

Zebre could easily have had at least two tries in that half, but I expect leinster to choke the life out of them in this half

Leinster with a five metre lineout on close to Zebres line. Fail to win lineout. Zebre break, Leinster concede a pen and now it's a Zebre lineout in leinsters 22.

Flat enough performance, not what this team need with the internationals coming back in. They looked excellent the first three weeks

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Hugo Keenan the pick of the bunch here at the moment. Playing very well so far this season.

salmocab wrote: »
    Flat enough performance, not what this team need with the internationals coming back in. They looked excellent the first three weeks

Pitch and the weather conditions looks absolutely woeful in fairness to them

Deegan subbed off after 50. On Doris's first touch he breaks the line and gets 10 metres in.

Pitch and the weather conditions looks absolutely woeful in fairness to them

Ah I know but it just feels flat even still

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Leinster are in danger of losing this game. They are not really getting anywhere and Zebre must now fancy their chances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement