Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,572 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Who was it who was saying Sexton doesn't make that many clean breaks this week?!

Oh wait yeah, it was me

To be fair I think you fair one per game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Lowe da gawd

ROL misses a lot of tackles.

That Benneton player had been cleared out. No way that's a pen to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Clegg wrote: »
    That Benneton player had been cleared out. No way that's a pen to them.

Ref has had very little help from his assistants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

ROL misses a lot of tackles.

He missed one tackle the entire game.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

Henshaw - "world-class" says the co-commentator. We must use this term for our players more than any other nation. Really bugs the **** out of me.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Max Deegan has had a great game.

Hattrick in your first game of the season.

Not bad.

Ref has had very little help from his assistants.

Strangely I think he's had great help from his assistants....

The amount of French you are hearing in the commentary is testimony to that I think

• Advertisement

Gary Ringrose - "World Class" says the co-commentator

Gary Ringrose - "World Class" says the co-commentator

He is.

We've been the better side throughout, but I don't think we've been great either. There needs to be a significant improvement of we're to beat Lyon.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Strangely I think he's had great help from his assistants....

The amount of French you are hearing in the commentary is testimony to that I think

He has needed a shout more than a couple of times from the side he couldn't see and it never came.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Bennetton were a threat throughout the game, they were probably helped a little bit with being allowed away with murder at the breakdown, but we struggled to stop them from getting over the gain line and gaining that extra metre or so after the tackle at stages.

I know it's been said so many times, but Kelleher is just tacking on performance after performance to his list, he was a shoe-in for MOTM if it wasn't for Ringrose putting in a top class performance.

Faugheen wrote: »
    Max Deegan has had a great game.

Yep. Been involved in the tight, out wide, and as a support runner. Big workrate tonight.

He is.

In Ireland, we hand out our world-class accolades in round 1 of the Champions Cup V Benneton. But noticeably such descriptive terms are absent during the World Cup itself when they are actually merited and earned

In Ireland, we hand out our world-class accolades in round 1 of the Champions Cup V Benneton. But noticeably such descriptive terms are absent during the World Cup itself when they are actually merited and earned

Ringrose was probably our best player in the world cup. One of the few who do themselves justice. So I've no idea what you're getting at.

Knew this was where you were going. We were ****e at the World Cup, we get it. Sooner the better we all accept it and move on

Is this sh|t going to be spread into every thread now??

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

You haven’t posted in rugby for 3 months and when you do it’s to bitch and moan about the World Cup.

We’ve done all that, you missed the party.

Ringrose is one of few who did themselves any justice in the World Cup and is up there among the best 13s in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

If you want to discuss the World Cup head over to the ireland thread, plenty of people still b*tching and moaning on that thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

While I don’t agree with him bringing up the World Cup or using it as an argument, he does have a point about calling either of them world class.
    They would be the first names in on the Irish team sheet if that was the case. I do think Ringrose can still become our world class player.

While I don’t agree with him bringing up the World Cup or using it as an argument, he does have a point about calling either of them world class.
    They would be the first names in on the Irish team sheet if that was the case. I do think Ringrose can still become our world class player.

Jesus, that poster is trying to argue about what Ryle bloody nugent said in comms....

Life is WAY too short to let something like that bother you.

I thought our front row were excellent in open play today. Healy and Kelleher carried extremely well and Porter was used as a passing option quite a lot. He sucked I'm two tacklers then passed out out the back to set up a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Jesus, that poster is trying to argue about what Ryle bloody nugent said in comms....

Life is WAY too short to let something like that bother you.

It doesn’t bother me. I was only giving an opinion.
    If you think both are world class players that’s fine by me.

You can't green-light the descriptive term "World-class" and in the same breath demand I shut down World Cup conversation. You guys are embarrassing yourselves here using the word "World Class"

You can't green-light the descriptive term "World-class" and in the same breath demand I shut down World Cup conversation. You guys are embarrassing yourselves here using the word "World Class"

You haven't addressed the fact about Ringrose being our best performer at the World Cup tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

You're in the Leinster thread. Leinster don't play in the world cup.

If you have an issue with "world class" being used in TV coverage, head over to London and talk to the BT lads about it.

• Advertisement

You haven't addressed the fact about Ringrose being our best performer at the World Cup tho.

Manuel Diana Olaso was Uruguays best player at the World Cup. Whats that got to do with World-Class?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement