Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we saw a little bit of rotation for the return game if this weekend goes well. Ross Byrne, Adam Byrne (he seems to thrive for Leinster in the Aviva's open space), Toner/Fardy, Doris/Deegan, Dave Kearney and Porter are all likely to start one of the games, I'd say.

Buer wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if we saw a little bit of rotation for the return game if this weekend goes well. Ross Byrne, Adam Byrne (he seems to thrive for Leinster in the Aviva's open space), Toner/Fardy, Doris/Deegan, Dave Kearney and Porter are all likely to start one of the games, I'd say.

I think we'll cricket score Lyon at home and I don't fear benetton away. The next two weeks dictate whether Leinster play at home until the final or whether we travel.

Well rotate for the interpros, we're going to throw the kitchen sink at Northampton. That home loss a few years ago will be fresh in the memory of plenty of these players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

I think we'll cricket score Lyon at home and I don't fear benetton away. The next two weeks dictate whether Leinster play at home until the final or whether we travel.

Well rotate for the interpros, we're going to throw the kitchen sink at Northampton. That home loss a few years ago will be fresh in the memory of plenty of these players.

Anyone been to Franklins Gardens?, heading over there this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

That game was 6 years ago. There are guys in the 23 start this weekend who weren't even in the Academy back then. The games 3 years ago where we got BP wins home and away will be fresher....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Sooo, I should go ahead and book non-refundable flights and hotel for the final?

• Advertisement

Sooo, I should go ahead and book non-refundable flights and hotel for the final?

68747470733a2f2f696d672e796f75747562652e636f6d2f76692f5a5873514158785f616f302f302e6a7067

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Anyone been to Franklins Gardens?, heading over there this weekend

Great stadium, great fans. Tis all open plan so you can stroll around the pitch area before the match if you're in early for the warmups

Few pubs nearby did pig on a spit and other bits last time I was there (ye Leinster-ites will probably want avocado with it so best bring your own) and be sure and try the local ales

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leavy is back doing gym work with Leinster. Obviously it will be some time before he's ready to take to the field, but its great to see him back in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Clegg wrote: »
    Leavy is back doing gym work with Leinster. Obviously it will be some time before he's ready to take to the field, but its great to see him back in action.

Leavy would have been back doing gym work in Leinster fora number of months now.

Unless you mean integrated with the team which is quite heartening to see. Lonely place doing rehab

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Not that I know much about it, but apparently up-and-down motions like doing a deadlift he would have been back at quicker than you'd think, and the thing that is really tough is changing direction on the knee. Hard to believe he's been out for over 8 months already.

• Advertisement

Not that I know much about it, but apparently up-and-down motions like doing a deadlift he would have been back at quicker than you'd think, and the thing that is really tough is changing direction on the knee. Hard to believe he's been out for over 8 months already.

That's it pretty much. Majority single plane stuff you're able to get back to quicker than you think. Post ACL surgery elite athletes can expect to go back very quickly.

Leavys case is more complex I assume but I'd still be assuming he'd have been back in the gym by pre season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I did a 140km, 4500m+ elevation cycle 4 months after tearing my ACL.

I also fell over opening a door after 3 months cause I marginally twisted my leg while doing it and my leg gave out from under me.

Heard on the grapevine that there was a bad injury at training today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

These guys need to stop the grape eating while training, they are a major slip hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Someone who would be starting on Saturday??

The law of Leinster opensides states we can only have one fit option at any given time. So sorry to VdF or Connors. Either that or Robbie has shipped injury no 628253816

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Leo Cullen slipped on a water bottle and is taking a public liability case against the union?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Leo Cullen slipped on a water bottle and is taking a public liability case against the union?!

Rob Kearney has put in a whiplash claim for turning his head too fast to look at James Lowe's arse after somebody said he was better looking than Handsome Rob these days.

The Indo says JGP will start tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Great, I think the backs go a bit better with him in.

• Advertisement

Fair, he's been the better SH this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Think that's well deserved. He's been the in form SH for a bit now, Luke hasn't been great since that knee injury before the 6 Nations.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,580 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Dark horse for six nations starter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Based on current form I think that is correct....

I think McGrath is playing ok but not in top form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I think JGP has been great and McGrath has been underwhelming in his couple of games. I'd be happy to see him rewarded.

Nakarawa a free agent.

I would pay good money to see that man in blue. Can you imagine him in a Lancaster coached team partnering Ryan in the second row.

Holy back to back titles batman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Nakarawa a free agent.

I would pay good money to see that man in blue. Can you imagine him in a Lancaster coached team partnering Ryan in the second row.

Holy back to back titles batman.

Sale already had talks with him according to the press

Rob on the bench for a huge must win away game. The times they are a changin.

Also, that is a whopper bench.

15. Jordan Larmour (41)
    14. Dave Kearney (141)
    13. Garry Ringrose (67)
    12. Robbie Henshaw (39)
    11. James Lowe (36)
    10. Johnny Sexton (162) CAPTAIN
    9. Jamison Gibson-Park (79)
    1. Cian Healy (211)
    2. Rónan Kelleher (9)
    3. Andrew Porter (56)
    4. Devin Toner (239)
    5. James Ryan (33)
    6. Rhys Ruddock (164)
    7. Josh van der Flier (75)
    8. Caelan Doris (23)

16. James Tracy (101)
    17. Ed Byrne (48)
    18. Tadhg Furlong (103)
    19. Scott Fardy (50)
    20. Max Deegan (54)
    21. Luke McGrath (116)
    22. Ross Byrne (79)
    23. Rob Kearney (212)

Strong side. Porter definitely deserving of a start. As is JGP

Connors unlucky to miss out but Deegan deserved his place there also.

Despite loving when Fardy starts, there is something extremely reassuring about him being on the bench. You know he's gonna lay down the law when he gets on

• Advertisement

Good team, think the switch in the back 3 is correct. D.Kearney has been really good this season.

Furlong on the bench for a game of this magnitude is a bit mad but that's a fair enough call. I knew Big Dev would start, right call too imo.

Will Connors has been playing out of his skin, I know he doesn't really fit in the 23 but harsh on him and he can feel hard done by.

JGP is the correct call.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement