Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Existing SEPA direct debit

Options
  • 08-05-2019 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭

Hi

I currently have my Electric Ireland and 3 bills set up to be paid by direct debit out of my current account.

I have just received a new Visa debit card, do I need to update any information so that my creditors know these new details or is this done automatically?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

1huge1 wrote: »
    Hi

I currently have my Electric Ireland and 3 bills set up to be paid by direct debit out of my current account.

I have just received a new Visa debit card, do I need to update any information so that my creditors know these new details or is this done automatically?

Thank you

Hi there.

Thanks for getting in touch.

If these bills come out of your account as a SEPA Direct Debit then they will not be affected when you change your card. This is because you would have supplied your IBAN and BIC number when setting these up and that does not change.

There may have been small subscriptions such as 'Netflix' etc. that can be set up with a card number - and these may be affected. It would be best to contact these companies to update your card details. however, generally household utility bills will not need changed.

Many Thanks.

John  

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

1huge1 wrote: »
    Hi

Thank you

Hi there.

Thanks for getting in touch.

If these bills come out of your account as a SEPA Direct Debit then they will not be affected when you change your card. This is because you would have supplied your IBAN and BIC number when setting these up and that does not change.

There may have been small subscriptions such as 'Netflix' etc. that can be set up with a card number - and these may be affected. It would be best to contact these companies to update your card details. however, generally household utility bills will not need changed.

Many Thanks.

John  
    Thank you very much

Advertisement