Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving other cars

Options
  • 08-05-2019 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Is there a minimum age for the driving other cars extension onto your policy, I note with most insurers its 25 but your website does not state this anywhere.

Also I will be renewing my insurance in a couple of months. When I bought it I was on a provisional then passed my test, so I wont have held my full license for a year until 2 months after taking out a policy with you.

Can I update my license once the 2 months lapse and get a further discount off my insurance?

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 35 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Mary

Hi there,

Is there a minimum age for the driving other cars extension onto your policy, I note with most insurers its 25 but your website does not state this anywhere.

Also I will be renewing my insurance in a couple of months. When I bought it I was on a provisional then passed my test, so I wont have held my full license for a year until 2 months after taking out a policy with you.

Can I update my license once the 2 months lapse and get a further discount off my insurance?

Thanks!
    Hi 

Can you confirm your policy number please so that I can check this for you.

Regards 

Mary 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Hi 

Regards 

Mary 

Hi Mary I dont have insurance with you yet. I am looking for this information before taking put insurance with you.

• Company Representative Posts: 35 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Mary

Hi 

Regards 

Mary 

Hi Mary I dont have insurance with you yet. I am looking for this information before taking put insurance with you.
    No problem.  There is no minimum age for Third Party Extension however you do have to hold a full licence to get this.  The quotation will be based on full years you have held your licence at the time you take your policy out.  We don't amend this mid term on the policy.  This will automatically update at renewal to 1 year.

Regards 

Mary   

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Thanks Mary for the quick response, much appreciated!

Advertisement