Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

professional grade hedge trimmer

Options
  • 09-05-2019 5:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    i want to get a new hedge trimmer..

it will get a good bit of work. I have an electric already for lighter work and a stihl hs 45 petrol also.

The guy i bought the stihl hs 45 off originally says they are now made in china.. but maybe he is only saying that as he does not stock them anymore. he recommends Echo.

So whats the best trimmer out there? husquavsrna, stihl or echo? and which models?

i dont want a machine thats too heavy. i see that i can get a stihl hs 45 for €369 in 60 cm blade, but i have no issue spending more for a better model if performance is much better. the hs 45 is more domestic use.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

I have the Stihl HS45, a great machine, starts every time and will go through 1 inch branchs effortlessly.

I was in a shop recently looking at strimmers and they still had that model for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 33 deccydohc

realtec wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    i want to get a new hedge trimmer..

it will get a good bit of work. I have an electric already for lighter work and a stihl hs 45 petrol also.

The guy i bought the stihl hs 45 off originally says they are now made in china.. but maybe he is only saying that as he does not stock them anymore. he recommends Echo.

So whats the best trimmer out there? husquavsrna, stihl or echo? and which models?

i dont want a machine thats too heavy. i see that i can get a stihl hs 45 for €369 in 60 cm blade, but i have no issue spending more for a better model if performance is much better. the hs 45 is more domestic use.

thanks

The Stihl HS45 would your best bet over an Echo. Stihl are hard to beat and you are guaranteed years of use with their machines and parts will always be available. Bit cheaper here too https://robertkee.ie/product/stihl-hs45-24-hedgetrimmer

Advertisement