Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Internet Provider Limerick

• 09-05-2019 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi all, Just looking to get internet provider for my place in Dooradoyle and was wondering what providers do people find the best/worst?

I'm looking for internet only as I stream everything basically.

We had virgin in my last place in Dublin and it was very good so I'm leaning towards them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Vision could be a good bet if you were happy with them before, there are a lot of areas in the city which can receive siro gigabit broadband.

Speeds would be even faster than virgin but price may be higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I'm with Vodafone for the past few years and very happy with them. The couple of times I had issues, I found their customer service very helpful, which seems to be a big issue with other internet providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

Thanks all. At the moment I am just using my three mobile to hotspot off and it ain't great really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭djdunny

Might be worth looking at SIRO if you can get it. I got it in about 2 months ago as an upgrade from Virgin Media and find it great. got a deal for €20 a month for the first 6 months and then €50 a month for the last 6.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/broadband/gigabit-broadband.html

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

I got SIRO installed a couple of years ago and I find it brilliant. I stream everything too so got broadband only for €45 a month. I've never had an issue since, I don't think I've ever had to ring Vodafone customer care for anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

I too would suggest siro if thats available at your address. I have been getting it through Airwire in Galway and have found their pricing and service to be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Using Siro for 2 years now with vodafone its excellent, the family is streaming and gaming on multiple devices everyday all day never a hicup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭banie01

If you have SIRO available at your address, I'd chime in with the advice given to go with that option.

Provider wise, the SIRO page lists the resellers.
    From personal experience I'd recommend Airwire or Digiweb.
    Really fantastic customer service from both and they both post regularly over on the BB forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Virgin Media without a doubt. TV isn't good but new box coming out this year which will fix that. Internet is spot on though, unlimited transfer and very reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Is SIRO reliable? What about contention? Virgin always gives greater speeds than I pay for. Will I actually get 1Gb speeds at peaks times?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

banie01 wrote: »
    From personal experience I'd recommend Airwire or Digiweb.
    Really fantastic customer service from both and they both post regularly over on the BB forum.

I'll have to disagree with you on that one I'm afraid. From personal experience I would say anyone BUT Digiweb. We got stuck with them after they took over from Smart. Internet slows down like nobodys business at times and then crashed completely.
    Anytime we've had to get on to them, they've definitely had an attitude of "Yeah, what do you want me to do about it?"

Don't know anything about Airwire, so can't comment there.

Advertisement