Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory Gallagher Festival 2019

Options
  • 09-05-2019 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Heading to the Rory Gallagher Festival for the first time this year. Taught it would be helpful for everyone to have a forum for people to ask questions and get information / Recommendations.

What pubs are best?
    Is it open liquor laws on the streets?
    What band to look out for etc...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

kerinethan wrote: »
    Heading to the Rory Gallagher Festival for the first time this year. Taught it would be helpful for everyone to have a forum for people to ask questions and get information / Recommendations.

What pubs are best?
    Is it open liquor laws on the streets?
    What band to look out for etc...?

You'll spend a lot of time down at Rory Gallagher place, which is basically Owen Roe's car park. Sean ogs pub up the hill a very popular spot too. There's about 12 pubs. Try them all!

Pretty much open liquor laws yeah.

Sinnerboy and lead singer Barry Barnes are the big dogs when it comes to Rory tributes. Make sure u catch laundromat from Holland. They're brilliant. Aidan Pryor and Mississippi sheiks are good young bands. Tony Dowler good too. Peter price as a solo artist, if u want a change of pace and some acoustic blues

Just walk around, there is no real wrong answer in ballyshannon. You'll find good stuff that's not even on the official program on the street and in pubs.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

OP they have a website as well ya know, a quick Google brought me here.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

There's a group of us heading up to this. Staying in Bundoran and getting the shuttle over. Really looking forward to it, as it's doubling as my stag!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kerinethan

OP they have a website as well ya know, a quick Google brought me here.

I have been on the site. That's where tickets were bought. I was looking for recommendations and tips of what to do from people who have been before, perfect example above your comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kerinethan

There's a group of us heading up to this. Staying in Bundoran and getting the shuttle over. Really looking forward to it, as it's doubling as my stag!

Got them for my brother for his 30th, only heard great things about it. We are camping in the town enjoy the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Absolutely savage weekend. I'll be back for sure.

Advertisement