Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro D'Italia 2019 - General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Big time gaps opening already, super ride by roglic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

bloody hell Roglic:eek: mighty

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ive done another thread for the stage with spoilers just in case some get upset by telling whats happening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Eddie at 17.17

Conor at 18.00

Wonder is this to be the format for the week? Cut back to studio to give Hatch and Kelly a rest and not swap in Kirby and Smith half way through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

That Orla Chennaoui's voice is irritating to listen to. Its an even heavier Team Ineos/British rider slant Eurosport are taking this year with the English language version. I don't remember it being as such last year with Edwards presenting.

Kirby is doing English language feed for rest of world today. Hatch and Kelly are doing uk & Ireland

Wonder is this to be the format for the week? Cut back to studio to give Hatch and Kelly a rest and not swap in Kirby and Smith half way through.

velo.2010 wrote: »
    That Orla Chennaoui's voice is irritating to listen to. Its an even heavier Team Ineos/British rider slant Eurosport are taking this year with the English language version. I don't remember it being as such last year with Edwards presenting.

I can't stand her voice it grates my ears. Real ****ed up accent for a Nordy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

velo.2010 wrote: »

I agree ...too British orientated

And also Oral Chennaoui's voice is irritating

I would love to see an Italian rep in the studio and/or a winner like Andy Hampstead or Ryder Hesjedal or Ivan Basso someone with a different view

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

MPFGLB wrote:
    I would love to see an Italian rep in the studio and/or a winner like Andy Hampstead or Ryder Hesjedal or Ivan Basso someone with a different view

Also someone with recent experience and knowledge of the peleton.

• Advertisement

Also someone with recent experience and knowledge of the peleton.

Wiggins??

You can still hear Orla on the player while they are on break talking to producers and the others :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Eddies ride today was pretty impressive, mid 40s on GC and third Sky Ineos rider behind THG and Sivakov. I very much doubt that he was giving it socks today, I'm sure he was told to keep things in check. Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 21,030 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    What’s the best way to watch this on TV? Is it only on Eurosport or does anyone else have highlights?

Highlights on Quest TV with Sean Kelly.

Ah I didn't know he had a new baby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

neris wrote: »

He always comes across as a really nice guy. I like his writing style - very easy to read that column - looking forward to reading it for the next few weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Just to remind people, don't post spoilers in this thread. Go to the specific stage thread if you want to post times etc.

Highlights on Quest TV with Sean Kelly.

Actually this isn't region locked as I expected so can be viewed via browser https://www.questod.co.uk/channel/quest not sure if they have a player app? Could do.

EDIT: Obviously available if you have satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Ah I didn't know he had a new baby

Sean Kellys grandson

His first grandson I wonder ?...definitely a cyclist I'd say

• Advertisement

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Sean Kellys grandson

His first grandson I wonder ?...definitely a cyclist I'd say

Not a chance with that DNA :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Not a chance with that DNA :P

Hmm, thinking of a certain cyclocross star's family genetics ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

DNA isn't everything. Jim Corr......

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Open field for this one with no Froome there and INEOS racing with no individual dedicated leader. Simon Yates is back for another crack at it after last years blow up. Past winner Vincenzo NIabbli & Tom Dumoulin will be on the start line

ODDS from Betfair

I,ll try stick up some daily stage previews but if any one else wants to do a few I wont complain.[/QUOTE]

Got Lopez at 12/1 with PP

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

For those with Satellite or are close enough to the East Coast, S4C are showing the Giro, in the same way TG4 used to show it, so you can get the visuals if wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Torres09

MPFGLB wrote: »
    I agree ...too British orientated

And also Oral Chennaoui's voice is irritating

Jaysus she's the female version of Colin Murray who covered the snooker, another irritating presenter..in the same studio aswell!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I came across this comprehensive preview and ranking of the climbs in the Giro. It's a good read.

https://www.podiumcafe.com/2019/5/9/18535816/the-2019-giro-ditalia-mountains-preview

Was talk on the cyclingpodcast last night that they might have to pull the Gavia climb on stage 16 and change it to 2 climbs of the Mortirolo due to snow. Apparently the snow banks by the road are high and the organisers are afraid they might collapse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

neris wrote: »
    Was talk on the cyclingpodcast last night that they might have to pull the Gavia climb on stage 16 and change it to 2 climbs of the Mortirolo due to snow. Apparently the snow banks by the road are high and the organisers are afraid they might collapse.

Who cares if the organisers collapse :pac:

• Advertisement

From cyclingnews.com
    The passage over the Gavia has been a concern for some time and the Giro d’Italia’s race director Mauro Vegni said that a plan B had been made for the eventuality that the Gavia is not accessible. He did not divulge what that route entailed but said that the previously reported double ascent of the Mortirolo was not a possibility.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/authorities-working-to-clear-gavia-of-snow-ahead-of-giro-ditalia-queen-stage/

Advertisement