Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

unkel wrote: »
    My mate with the LR AWD says there's an offer from Tesla to make the car 0.5s faster 0-100km/h for €1,800. So what would that be then, about 3.7s? Smoke a few Ferraris and Lamborghinis away from the lights in your €55k car :D

Tesla milking it there :p

Anyone any link to this?

Link on tesla or just in general?
    https://www.motor1.com/news/388905/tesla-model-3-acceleration-boost/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Pay €68k

Smoke a Bugatti to 60 in P3D in 2.66secs

For all the times you pull up next to one at the lights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

unkel wrote: »
    My mate with the LR AWD says there's an offer from Tesla to make the car 0.5s faster 0-100km/h for €1,800. So what would that be then, about 3.7s? Smoke a few Ferraris and Lamborghinis away from the lights in your €55k car :D

Tesla milking it there :p

Anyone any link to this?

This guy seems happy

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

https://www.elektroauto-news.net/2019/geruechte-tesla-model-3-100-kwh-akku-ludicrous-mode/

fitzgeme wrote: »
    M3P ordered 15th August....no progress so far. Still patiently awaiting news.

I suspect there will be a tsunami of cars appearing from early Jan ...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

For anyone like me who opted for FSD, this will be interesting https://youtu.be/6SCj3S3ZoOU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

mouthful wrote: »
    For anyone like me who opted for FSD, this will be interesting https://youtu.be/6SCj3S3ZoOU

In about 20 years :)

Are u in Ireland mouthful?

Mike9832 wrote: »
    In about 20 years :)

Are u in Ireland mouthful?

I am indeed—I think the end of 2020 will see a much improved capability and less regulation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Edit Design is gone, first time seeing this happen. When I do view source on the same page I don't see the VIN thought, I thought you had to modify the URL slightly to see this, does anyone remember what that was?

Found it, had to change the URL to https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn=RNXXXXXXXXX and then found the VIN just before the following text "insuredVIN"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

digiman wrote: »
    Edit Design is gone, first time seeing this happen. When I do view source on the same page I don't see the VIN thought, I thought you had to modify the URL slightly to see this, does anyone remember what that was?

Found it, had to change the URL to https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn=RNXXXXXXXXX and then found the VIN just before the following text "insuredVIN"

It's a last minute Christmas pressie from Elon.
    Heard all the bitching you were doing, decided to pull a few strings :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Chaz76

Hi, is that not the same url as the one the website points you to. Don't see the difference...

Chaz76 wrote: »
    Hi, is that not the same url as the one the website points you to. Don't see the difference...

Do not want to burst your bubble, but since ordering at the end of May I have lost and regained that f###ing edit design button around 10 times- I currently think I will be spending Christmas with it-

Hoping that it is different for you- but am a pessimist at heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

eddhorse wrote: »

it's more than condensation did you see the chap with all the water running out out of the boot. Cars needs to be properly sealed or there going to rust. There's an 8mt old one with rust https://insideevs.com/news/388620/tesla-model-3-rust-seats/ . It needs to be treated or it'll become terminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

No sign of my edit button going anywhere this morning.

Have cancelled my reservation and sent Tesla an email outlining the farce that was/is sandyford deliveries. Feel entitled to highlight this as a shareholder and day 1 reservation holder.

Deposit given to DC motor company. Black Performance M3 with new grey wheels and all arriving first week in January 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Chaz76

mouthful wrote: »
    Do not want to burst your bubble, but since ordering at the end of May I have lost and regained that f###ing edit design button around 10 times- I currently think I will be spending Christmas with it-

Hoping that it is different for you- but am a pessimist at heart.

Just checked and VIN number there in source code now so hopefully little steps in the right direction....

• Advertisement

bdogg wrote: »
    No sign of my edit button going anywhere this morning.

Have cancelled my reservation and sent Tesla an email outlining the farce that was/is sandyford deliveries. Feel entitled to highlight this as a shareholder and day 1 reservation holder.

Deposit given to DC motor company. Black Performance M3 with new grey wheels and all arriving first week in January 2020.

Very nice, I called today and was talking to the UK and was told mid January for delivery and the car currently assigned is in Southampton.

How much extra are DC charging compared to current Tesla pricing?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

Well after 7 months of waiting with no communication apart from that txt message a while back i've just received an email to tell me "that due to production limitations and discontinuation, we are no longer able to fulfill your order for your Perfomance-"

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭PaulRyan97

sln852 wrote: »
    Well after 7 months of waiting with no communication apart from that txt message a while back i've just received an email to tell me "that due to production limitations and discontinuation, we are no longer able to fulfill your order for your Perfomance-"

And of course they're offering you immediate delivery of a Performance variant to compensate you for your long wait?

Sure they are. Need to reply to discuss "alternative options" but they value my custom and sincerely appreciate my continued patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DinoMix

Just got the same email, I wonder how many of us are there?

• Advertisement

DinoMix wrote: »
    Just got the same email, I wonder how many of us are there?

I wouldn't expect that there are too many. Only 2 outstanding P- orders on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16VDzPNuhW5i1k3qEM9JLOD5ZUNq0RHeROZReoUjT5oQ/edit#gid=0 though that won't include all outstanding orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ronan675

One P- order here as well. Got the same email today.

I wouldn't expect that there are too many. Only 2 outstanding P- orders on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16VDzPNuhW5i1k3qEM9JLOD5ZUNq0RHeROZReoUjT5oQ/edit#gid=0 though that won't include all outstanding orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Reag

Chaz76 wrote: »
    Just checked and VIN number there in source code now so hopefully little steps in the right direction....

Sorry to disappoint but I lost edit design and had vin in source code last September. Meant nothing. Still no car. Edit button returned and vin disappeared.

If hear nothing by mid- January, plan to follow bdogg's example. I talked to DC motors 6 weeks ago but didn't want the192 car they had. Wanted LR but they only had SR+

Have you not rang them at all in the 7 month period?

Reag wrote: »
    Sorry to disappoint but I lost edit design and had vin in source code last September. Meant nothing. Still no car. Edit button returned and vin disappeared.

If hear nothing by mid- January, plan to follow bdogg's example. I talked to DC motors 6 weeks ago but didn't want the192 car they had. Wanted LR but they only had SR+

Have you been able to upload your drivers license? I had the option to do that today if it means anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

My edit button gone just today, allowed to upload drivers licence arrange payment etc. August reservation M3P blue, white interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

My edit button gone just today, allowed to upload drivers licence arrange payment etc. August reservation M3P blue, white interior.

I think it's happened to everyone. Tesla's way of keeping us happy over Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I think it's happened to everyone. Tesla's way of keeping us happy over Christmas?

Well it makes me happy, I would say its centralized so maybe our cars are on a ship and vin matching is happening.

eddhorse wrote: »
    Have you not rang them at all in the 7 month period?

No never bothered to ring them.

I did drop down to Sandyford in August to test drive that black SR+ and was told i should expect delivery in September. But that was just a general chat while sitting in the car. They didn't have my order details and were just guessing based on my order date i expect.

After that i was just following this thread for updates. I'm not on FB.

I saw that they were prioritising business orders over personal orders and that others were getting the message that there wouldn't be any performance variants until Jan/Feb.

So I didn't see the point of calling them up and waiting on hold just to hear the same excuses.

That email today was from Tesla UK. I replied to them but I'm not expecting to hear anything back for a while given the time of year. We'll see. Nice timing on their part with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Me too. M3P white/black, ordered in November.

• Advertisement

My edit button is still there, but I can choose payment method and upload my license etc. Looks like a general website update...you are not special...none of us are.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

Very nice, I called today and was talking to the UK and was told mid January for delivery and the car currently assigned is in Southampton.

How much extra are DC charging compared to current Tesla pricing?

DC charge about €1500 to source import, VAT and VRT and register the car for you. They have my car over in UK and it’s on the way. €1500 well spent in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

jusmeig wrote: »
    My edit button is still there, but I can choose payment method and upload my license etc. Looks like a general website update...you are not special...none of us are.
    Meet too.

Edit button disappeared after I inputted the payment and licence details etc.

Meet too.

Edit button disappeared after I inputted the payment and licence details etc.

Well, I accidentally choose cash...which won't be happening...and now I cannot edit the payment type. The irony.

Well, I accidentally choose cash...which won't be happening...and now I cannot edit the payment type. The irony.
    Think I choose cash too.

What was the other option

Think I choose cash too.

What was the other option

Sort your own HP or take theirs with AIB.
    I don't think it matters much to be honest, I'm of the opinion that this is throw some other buttons in front of us...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭finneys13

Ditto

finneys13 wrote: »
    Ditto

Was anyone VIN matched after filling out all these new fields?

I was able to see it in the source code before I filled out anything. It’s not showing via the web page yet though.

• Advertisement

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 xCiaránx

Well my excitement about the fact that there has been a change to the web page has been dampenend pretty quickly - My "Registrant Type" field is locked to "Company" even though this is a private purchase...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭finneys13

finneys13 wrote: »
    Ditto

I emailed Tesla last night and they changed me back to HP, but still can't select anything but Company

Got the following text message about 15 mins ago

"Tesla Update: Great News! We are getting ready to start more deliveries. You can now provide most of the information needed to prepare you for delivery of your Tesla directly through your Tesla Account (https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount). We would recommend logging on and completing these steps ASAP. If you cannot access your account or make an error, please respond 'N' for assistance from a Tesla Advisor. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Having scanned my driver's license and submitted registration details I am now firmly in WHERE'S MY TESLA mode, otherwise known as "ludicrous mode".

I fully expect to be disappointed, and TBH having only ordered a few weeks ago feel a bit like I haven't suffered enough.

I hope the early reservation holders get their cars first.

Got the txt message just there also.
    Deja Vu? This one seems a bit more certain and a bit less vague...

I don't think payment method really matters, ie u will be talking to someone regarding this so messing it up now seems insignificant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Reag

Got the same message as the rest of you. Also locked to company. Has anyone been able to click on the AIB Finance and Leasing under HP and get to the finance application form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Has anyone else ordered the tow hitch? I can't see how they can match me up randomly with such a specific factory option.

Lumen wrote: »
    Has anyone else ordered the tow hitch? I can't see how they can match me up randomly with such a specific factory option.

Dont think there is any matching happening. View Source on page and the VIN is null. No VINs for the lads...for xMas. And there won't be VINs this Christmas time...etc

Does anyone know where you see the balance minus anything paid to date?
    Should really start moving money from my offshore accounts.

EVGuy wrote: »

Nice update to the driver visualisation system and voice commands look like they work well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement