Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I know someone with a blue Model 3.

It's very dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Yeah I've seen it in person too, I would say it's similar to the Atlantic Blue color Volkswagen has, maybe a bit darker.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Reag

I ordered mid-November (Performance, white) -- website indicated a December delivery at the time. I was vin-matched last week and told to expect the SEAI application to take 15 working days so realistically looking end of January or early February.

Tesla should have advised early on that it is a case of first to order gets the car last.

Good luck with the car but as another early June orderer, does p*** me off. For me the delight and enthusiasm for the car has gone. Ordering a Tesla is heart over head. There is no rationale logical argument to justify spending 50-60K on a tesla. The reason is " I want one". The longer it takes, the rational argument to cancel outweighs the desire for the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

lottyb wrote: »
    Anyone order a Blue Model 3?

Does the colour stand up in person versus the website?

Looking to order in the new year but still deciding on a colour. Either thinking of Blue or White as I will be doing Chrome Delete and adding Black Rims.

They have all of the colours on site in Sandyford if you're around Dublin. Changed from black to blue after my visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Reag wrote: »
    Tesla should have advised early on that it is a case of first to order gets the car last.

Good luck with the car but as another early June orderer, does p*** me off. For me the delight and enthusiasm for the car has gone. Ordering a Tesla is heart over head. There is no rationale logical argument to justify spending 50-60K on a tesla. The reason is " I want one". The longer it takes, the rational argument to cancel outweighs the desire for the car.

It's a bit of a mess alright. Is everybody who's waiting since June waiting on a SR+?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

It's a bit of a mess alright. Is everybody who's waiting since June waiting on a SR+?

June 8th order. Long range. No news except for the text asking to upload documents

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

I'm SR+ alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

Nope.

rg_lv wrote: »
    June 8th order. Long range. No news except for the text asking to upload documents

Also LR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

To those still waiting who have ordered a while ago, please consider calling the order support line. It helped immensely in my case and progressed the order quickly—I was also a first-day order with a long reservation, originally P-, which I changed online to LR AWD in June. There were things stuck at their end that the automated system could not deal with but humans could. The phone number is in your My Order section of the Tesla web page. It is an 800 number that connects you to the Tesla HQ in Amsterdam. They were professional and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Partridge9

Looking to order in the new year but still deciding on a colour. Either thinking of Blue or White as I will be doing Chrome Delete and adding Black Rims.

Ordered the black with white inside - SR+

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

I ordered SR+ blue with white interior in November.

Blue with white combo looks best to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Also LR.

Also LR

Can only find that number?
    (01) 513 4727

That is just Sandyford I'd imagine. Prolly closed today anyway, will try tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Complete EV noob and we are considering a Model 3

Had a quick look yesterday at the ordering tool, and it said if we ordered now, expected delivery would be February
    Just initially went for the basic model. Are those delivery dates realistic?

• Advertisement

Are those delivery dates realistic?
    No, going by experiences to date.

FWIW I haven't "got the e-mail" yet, other than the same request for documents everyone else got. I ordered in Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

I ordered SR+ blue with white interior in November.

Blue with white combo looks best to me.

Same here except LR. Collecting next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Complete EV noob and we are considering a Model 3

Had a quick look yesterday at the ordering tool, and it said if we ordered now, expected delivery would be February
    Just initially went for the basic model. Are those delivery dates realistic?

Tesla don't do delivery dates. This is a 7.5 K post thread and 90% of posts are about delivery date expectations, almost all of which haven't been met. That being said; the UK seems to have cars in stock due to low demand following initial pent up demand being satisfied, so there might be some chance of Feb delivery.

Rafal wrote: »
    To those still waiting who have ordered a while ago, please consider calling the order support line. It helped immensely in my case and progressed the order quickly—I was also a first-day order with a long reservation, originally P-, which I changed online to LR AWD in June. There were things stuck at their end that the automated system could not deal with but humans could. The phone number is in your My Order section of the Tesla web page. It is an 800 number that connects you to the Tesla HQ in Amsterdam. They were professional and helpful.

No sign of that number in My Order section. Only Dublin number. Any time I have tried that, have gotten UK. No help from them.

cnocbui wrote: »
    the UK seems to have cars in stock due to low demand following initial pent up demand being satisfied, so there might be some chance of Feb delivery.

The UK 69* plates run from Sept 2019 to Feb 2020 inclusive, so we're now into the last two months of their reg period, which is presumably as unpopular for deliveries as the last two months of the Irish period (Nov/Dec).

So it makes sense to redirect supply to Ireland until end of Feb.

* nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Chaz76

jusmeig wrote: »
    (01) 513 4727

That is just Sandyford I'd imagine. Prolly closed today anyway, will try tomorrow.

When you ring that number it transfers you to the uk call centre I think. Rang it a few times and got through to very helpful English staff without much holding on line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Have they been making deliveries though yet in Ireland?

Have any folks on this thread received their car yet?

Have they been making deliveries though yet in Ireland?

Have any folks on this thread received their car yet?

Yes. Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Lumen wrote: »
    Yes. Yes.

Also Yes for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭carloscorreia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭CFC007

Was passing today. 3 SR+ sitting out front waiting to be collected. VINS were 530k. No performance models with grey wheels around.

(01) 513 4727

I called previously on two occasions- they ask for your order number and give you a moving feast expected delivery date (currently end of February for me) has proven almost as useful as doing nothing at all

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Shane119

CFC007 wrote: »
    Was passing today. 3 SR+ sitting out front waiting to be collected. VINS were 530k. No performance models with grey wheels around.

Nice. Just wondering is the first one (66) Midnight Silver Metallic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭CFC007

Yeah first one MSM and the other two black. Could have been LR as I didn’t check the back.
    Shane119 wrote: »
    Nice. Just wondering is the first one (66) Midnight Silver Metallic?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Shane119

CFC007 wrote: »
    Yeah first one MSM and the other two black. Could have been LR as I didn’t check the back.

Seems quite dark. I am torn between MSM and Deep Blue Metallic. I think they hide the dirt better than the other colours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭taylorsrichard

For those that have gotten their cars, was their much of a wait from when you got the SEAI grant confirmation to when you got delivery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

unkel wrote: »
    Sweet car and reasonably priced for what it is too. I presume it will be an Irish reg car and you are flying over to do the "owner picks up new car from the factory in Germany" thing?

That’s it, We will have some lunch in BMW Welt and then collect the car and spend the weekend driving home.

No sign of that number in My Order section. Only Dublin number. Any time I have tried that, have gotten UK. No help from them.

Odd. We had an 800 number that would always redirect to English-speaking call centre in Amsterdam, which I am sure about because the follow-up emails had the Amsterdam address in their signatures. I think there was also a Dublin 01 number, but we have always used the other one. Maybe things changed since our My Order page was set-up in May.

In any case, the staff have always been very helpful to us there.

I just checked our call records, and the number that was on our Irish My Order page was 1800817354‬. It connects to the Amsterdam HQ, where it seems majority of people we spoke with had English names. They were very helpful with the order process, especially once we were VIN matched but whilst things were stuck.

Rafal wrote: »
    I just checked our call records, and the number that was on our Irish My Order page was 1800817354‬. It connects to the Amsterdam HQ, where it seems majority of people we spoke with had English names. They were very helpful with the order process, especially once we were VIN matched but whilst things were stuck.

Thanks for that. Will try it.

Called up, 15 minutes on hold (I was expecting worse)
    3 vessels are due into Ireland, starting from the 3rd Week in Jan (We might play maritime tracker again??!!)
    People are being VIN matched for these.

I asked very practical questions like -> When should I try and sell my car?
    He reckoned I should expect delivery 1st/2nd week of Feb.

FWIW -> I also ranted about how it sucks being an Oct 2016 reservation holder, and a guy who knows nothing about the brand orders Nov the same spec as me and gets a car in Dec. There was no argument, just silence acceptance. Basically, we took your money, your reservation mean't absolutely nothing at all..and I have no idea when your car will arrive.

I think this company need to have a Ryanair moment and put its big boy pants on.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

I called the same number and they apologised and gave me a VIN over the phone.

Not really.

Irish EV sales last year

Almost 200 Tesla Model 3, but none for this idiot who was a reservation holder and who placed their order at 9.00 am on 31/05/19- give me my car I have suffered enough!!!

mouthful wrote: »
    Irish EV sales last year

Almost 200 Tesla Model 3, but none for this idiot who was a reservation holder and who placed their order at 9.00 am on 31/05/19- give me my car I have suffered enough!!!

The boats are coming.
    3 of them no less.
    A man called Aron told me.
    This info is bonafide...

• Advertisement

Irish EV sales last year

By continuing to wait, and not cancelling your reservation, you are rewarding the behaviour you are criticising. If I perceive a company to have wronged me, I cease to give them my business, hence I don't buy products made by Sony or fly Ryanair.

The boats are coming.
    3 of them no less.
    A man called Aron told me.
    This info is bonafide...

It is the hope that is killing me!

Did he say there were three boats for Ireland alone?
    Did you hear any sounds like a person trying not to laugh as he said these words?

Did he advise if the exact year that he expected the boats to arrive?

Got nowhere with 1800 number. Must be luck of the draw who you talk to. Got same answer as jusmeig ie the boats are coming. Couldn't tell me if vin matched. Rather pointless call.

Agree with cnocbui re order delays. Having waited this long, will wait another 2-3 weeks and if still nothing cancel the order.l

Do the boats even float?

Do the boats even float?

They wouldn't if you put enough Li-ion batteries on them to get them from the west coast to Europe. :rolleyes:

It is the hope that is killing me!

Did he say there were three boats for Ireland alone?
    Did you hear any sounds like a person trying not to laugh as he said these words?

Did he advise if the exact year that he expected the boats to arrive?

Lol, no. He said he worked for Tesla for 4 years in an attempt to add some substance to his excuse for the reservation system bring meaningless. Then he gave up and agreed.

He did not say the destination was here...just that 3 boats are coming.

• Advertisement

Do the boats even float?

He said the boats were 20 stories high, glistening with Model 3s. He said it, just like that.
    The boats are coming...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

none for this idiot who was a reservation holder and who placed their order at 9.00 am on 31/05/19

Filthy Casual you, the order page opened at 6am!

I know this because I too ordered that morning, after being reserved for years. Telling people I'm waiting 3 years for a car reflects badly on the company and makes me look like (more of) a wingnut.

Thanks for the BEV numbers - I reckon we've reached peak Leaf now that Konas are more available, will be interesting to see a full year of M3 numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

Here's a community compiled spreadsheet to keep an eye on that's tracking currently known about Tesla Carriers for anyone that wants to start ship watching (again).

http://bit.ly/TeslaCarriers

Nothing listed so far currently on route to Europe. The next ships that are due to dock in San Francisco are on Jan 8th and 15th. Ship names and destinations are currently listed as unknown.

And so it begins again...

Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    Filthy Casual you, the order page opened at 6am! .

Casual my arse—- I had 3 hours of sweet talking to herself:-) if I had only known I could have stretched that conversation out over 3 months.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement