Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

jusmeig wrote: »
    +1 on this. They have said this to everyone it seems.
    They wont manage them volumes if that is the case, they were flat out delivering 120 in a month, this would be 10X on that in the shorter timeframe.
    FAILTOWN.

any idea how many people are awaiting delivery? is there 1000+?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭CFC007

SEAI are a slow shower. Really how much work is there in processing some paper work. How will they handle the mass adaptation. Car sitting there since mid Dec. Cars paid and all just waiting on the shout to confirm pick up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

There isn't going to be mass adoption of €50K+ cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

kev22185 wrote: »
    any idea how many people are awaiting delivery? is there 1000+?

Pure speculation, but given the sales in the UK, id say there at least 500 orders here on the books. We were tracking invoice numbers at some point, not sure where that landed. I was like 250 or something.

eddhorse wrote: »
    Yep you gotta ring them, don't wait around hoping.

I don't think that will help until there is a VIN matched?
    I ws told -> all your ducks are in a row -> wait for email/txt to match VIN, then its T minus 3 weeks before u get the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

cnocbui wrote: »

The SEAI issue applies to ALL EVs not just Tesla.

Key point here is CFC007s car is sat there waiting for him to pick it up.

But can't due to SEAI it seems.

Mass adoption will be on cars like the iD3 and other cars like that.

Plus the next Gen Leaf as surely be to God Nissan will eventually drag themselves into proper thermal management and CCS charging eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭dec2000

Was VIN matched before Christmas, applied SEAI grant around 27th and see my final invoice appeared in my account today.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Chaz76

dec2000 wrote: »
    Was VIN matched before Christmas, applied SEAI grant around 27th and see my final invoice appeared in my account today.

Same, thanks for the update. Reminded me to check my account since I got VIN matched around the same time as you and see the final invoice there too. Does that mean the SEAI grants have been approved I wonder....

No it doesn’t mean SEAI grant is approved. I’ve had my final invoice awhile now.
    Chaz76 wrote: »
    Same, thanks for the update. Reminded me to check my account since I got VIN matched around the same time as you and see the final invoice there too. Does that mean the SEAI grants have been approved I wonder....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭dec2000

CFC007 wrote: »
    No it doesn’t mean SEAI grant is approved. I’ve had my final invoice awhile now.

Pinged them an email earlier and they said i can go ahead and pay it - if i send proof of payment, they will accelerate it against my order and then it's ready for pick-up. I have a delivery appointment showing as 21st Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Was really excited about the model 3 as its the only EV (affordable) that would interest me in the future. I saw one for the first time in the flesh yesterday and thought ‘meh’. Its so small and plain it really disappointed me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Was really excited about the model 3 as its the only EV (affordable) that would interest me in the future. I saw one for the first time in the flesh yesterday and thought ‘meh’. Its so small and plain it really disappointed me.

There are lots of shoutier EVs coming, like the Ford "Mustang", if you're in to that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

Did anyone go with Telsa arranged Finance?
    If so how long did it take to hear back about approval?

Got the final invoice today,
    Just waiting to hear back about financing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

backlashs wrote: »

Still waiting to hear back myself. No sign of the final invoice either.

I did, heard back within the hour with approval

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

How about a used Model S if you find Model 3 too small?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

Chaz76 wrote: »
    I did, heard back within the hour with approval

Guess I may email them again so,
    Its been almost a week

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Reservation holder since 2016, Ioniq owner since 2018.

All depends on trade in value and finance, I would like to go AWD LR, blue with 19 inch wheels. Don't think I'd shell out for FSD. Black interior. If crappy financing options I'll cancel and get the 2020 Ioniq most likely

Must be the first person I've heard who's considering an Ioniq to Ioniq upgrade, most people have been disappointed with the "improvements". May be worth holding on to your current one until Model 3s start to be available on the 2nd hand market.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

+1 on this. They have said this to everyone it seems.
    They wont manage them volumes if that is the case, they were flat out delivering 120 in a month, this would be 10X on that in the shorter timeframe.
    FAILTOWN.
    +2.....

Taptes wireless charger arrived today. Looks impressive. Took around a month to arrive. No customs charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Taptes wireless charger arrived today. Looks impressive. Took around a month to arrive. No customs charge.

I thought for a second you had a wireless charger for the Model 3! :)

Guess I may email them again so,
    Its been almost a week

When I first contacted Sandyford back in October the v helpful guy I was talking to said while you’re on may as well get the finance done and dusted. Was all done within a few hours. It was probably a quieter time for them then though

liamog wrote: »
    Must be the first person I've heard who's considering an Ioniq to Ioniq upgrade, most people have been disappointed with the "improvements". May be worth holding on to your current one until Model 3s start to be available on the 2nd hand market.

I believe this was pre battery chargingGate.
    If the New Ioniq was charging 70kw at peaks, I would be driving one now!
    I like the new look/styling, think its better than the grey dull plastic of my model.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Reag

How did you get Tesla finance sorted? Can find no link to it on Tesla site or in my account? Did you have to ring AIB?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

Does anybody know how long it takes to get the deposit back after cancelling?

Reag wrote: »
    How did you get Tesla finance sorted? Can find no link to it on Tesla site or in my account? Did you have to ring AIB?

If you contact Sandyford they'll send you the forms

Yurple wrote: »
    Does anybody know how long it takes to get the deposit back after cancelling?

Bout 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

Reag wrote: »

I filled in an online form in store - approved immediately was extremely easy

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Freqcort

Got the same before Christmas, 'installed' in seconds, works perfectly. Only very minor niggle is it restricts lifting the lid to get access to the USB points... but you don't need to do that too often. Really happy with the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

I can promise there's absolutely nothing "meh" about driving a Model 3.

• Advertisement

hwr5ytu356 wrote: »
    100% correct. You are only asking for headaches without it.

Get yourself a home charger. Switch over to night rate electricity. Enjoy knowing you have a full battery every morning.

Have they been making deliveries though yet in Ireland?

Have any folks on this thread received their car yet?

Yes and the cars fantastic

jfk75 wrote: »
    Get yourself a home charger. Switch over to night rate electricity. Enjoy knowing you have a full battery every morning.
    Anyone any recommendations for home charger that's has an App

I use Tesla's own charger. It doesn't have app control directly but starting and stopping charges, scheduled charging etc is all done through the Tesla app or the car itself. Others seem to like Zappi chargers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

My trade-in page came live today, it was greyed out yesterday, still haven't heard back about Tesla finance. They said they would contact me

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭finneys13

Got my Tesla home charger installed today, just feels that bit closer to getting the car now

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Reag

Can anyone tell me how to talk to a human in sandyford? Either get routed abroad or answering machine says they have been closed (trying all afternoon). Don't live in Dublin so can't drop down.

finneys13 wrote: »
    Got my Tesla home charger installed today, just feels that bit closer to getting the car now
    Do you not need to have the car first to order through Tesla online store.

I can't add to basket, error message keeps coming up.

No, once you have an RN order no you should be able to order. Worse case if it doesn't work you can call in to Sandyford where they usually keep them in stock. That's what I did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭finneys13

No, had no problem ordering online a few weeks after ordering the car. Came pretty quick despite close to Christmas

I just walked into Tesla Sandyford and bought mine directly last year. The only thing you shouldn't do at all is have it installed until you get the offer letter from SEAI in regards to getting your Charger Grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

I got VIN MATCHED!!!

Two transporter loads of M3's arrived in Sandyford today so hopefully a few of our cars on them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Bjorn has done 1000 km challenge in SR+

Ambient temp in 5 to 6 degree range.

218 wh/km efficiency.

10 hrs 30 min journey time.

Edit - the SR+ he borrowed had 170 kw upgrade

I got VIN MATCHED!!!

I'm happy for you, and slightly sickened...u understand.

• Advertisement

They are still drafting up my contract.
    My contract will be the best drafted contract...

I'm happy for you, and slightly sickened...u understand.
    Has anyone's SR+ been VIN matched

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

I'm looking at this one:

https://evcharging.enelx.com/eu/juicebox-pro-32

Here's something interesting that should be coming with CCS at some point.

Not that Tesla do V to G yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Munurty

I got VIN MATCHED!!!

Congrats. How did you find out you've been matched? Any mention of a delivery date?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

cnocbui wrote: »

50k? You could get an e class for that

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement