Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Munurty wrote: »
    Congrats. How did you find out you've been matched? Any mention of a delivery date?

They called me. Hilariously I’m likely to be in the US on my delivery date. No confirmed date yet, depends on SEAI, but first week in Feb is likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Hilariously I’m likely to be in the US on my delivery date. No confirmed date yet, depends on SEAI, but first week in Feb is likely.

I wouldn't worry about it. From reading this thread id say you'll be home in plenty of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

50k? You could get an e class for that

And you’ll spend a couple more k in fuel, brakes, services, exhaust, clutch, fly wheel etc over the next few years.

ted1 wrote: »
    And you’ll spend a couple more k in fuel, brakes, services, exhaust, clutch, fly wheel etc over the next few years.

Not with a few years free servicing and warranty. Long term reliability in older model S does seem to be good though and id say they've improved on that since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

10 Days to pickup so I would say mine is one of the latest deliveries. I am getting very excited, the insomnia will kick in around next Sunday I guess.....sometimes I think the anticipation is the best part. All my other cars are now sold, so I am on a rental for the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭taylorsrichard

10 Days to pickup so I would say mine is one of the latest deliveries. I am getting very excited, the insomnia will kick in around next Sunday I guess.....sometimes I think the anticipation is the best part. All my other cars are now sold, so I am on a rental for the next week.
    Have you gotten your reg number yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭CFC007

6 days to pick up and no reg number. It’s annoying as I need to sort insurance.

Looks like supercharging rates are gonna go up a bit.
    https://twitter.com/model3owners/status/1215783657555791874?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Has anybody been able to get am indicative quote without a reg number?

I got one with the AA through the website. It initially said that they couldn’t provide me with a quote, but they sent me an email about 10 minutes afterwards with one. Pretty good value too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭finneys13

EV insurance gave me an indicative quote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,743 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I never knew the superchargers only billed you for electricity going into the battery and not for other stuff like heating up / cooling your car while you were waiting :)

No other manufacturer even had that technology yet and Tesla is already moving on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Chaz76

CFC007 wrote: »
    6 days to pick up and no reg number. It’s annoying as I need to sort insurance.

How long did it take your grant to come through?

It hasn’t come through. VIN matched 10th December and they had all my details on the 11th Dec. I guess the 2 weeks over Xmas no work was done.
    Chaz76 wrote: »
    How long did it take your grant to come through?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Chaz76

It hasn’t come through. VIN matched 10th December and they had all my details on the 11th Dec. I guess the 2 weeks over Xmas no work was done.

It’s crazy it’s not an automated system and takes as long as it does and that the cars can’t be delivered without it

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

https://twitter.com/model3owners/status/1215783657555791874?s=21

It doesn't seem to say the rate is going up, just that they will be billing for what is supplied, not just the battery charge. That seems perfectly reasonable, I'm surprised it wasn't the case to start with.

No reg yet, have a quote from EVinsurance.ie the usual 700 euro job everyone seems to be getting. I am told to expect my reg once the car is "on site" in Sandyford.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

One of my friends was asking last week on facebook if anyone knew anything about tesla's, m3's in particular.

I messaged, to offer some advice, even tho i'm not an owner i'm a fan, chatted for a while, and went about our day.

She messaged me 3 days later, to say she sold her Audi.

She messaged me last night to say she's picking up her white LR with P wheels later today.

She's based in Seattle...before anyone freaks thinking she's picking it up from Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

eeloe wrote: »
    One of my friends was asking last week on facebook if anyone knew anything about tesla's, m3's in particular.

I messaged, to offer some advice, even tho i'm not an owner i'm a fan, chatted for a while, and went about our day.

She messaged me 3 days later, to say she sold her Audi.

She messaged me last night to say she's picking up her white LR with P wheels later today.

She's based in Seattle...before anyone freaks thinking she's picking it up from Sandyford.

Meanwhile in Ireland it is day 227 -
    No car
    No call
    No vin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

mouthful wrote: »
    Meanwhile in Ireland it is day 227 -
    No car
    No call
    No vin

Tell me about it buddy :(

Mouthful and justmeig, I feel I’m betraying you. You can have a spin of mine on collection day.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ivorfa

I have the same problem have been phoning all week different times of day but with no success answering service keeps telling me all sales people busy ( they must be selling some cars HA) then transfer me to headquarters put on hold and can not get talking to anyone awful service

When did you get your final invoice?

No reg yet, have a quote from EVinsurance.ie the usual 700 euro job everyone seems to be getting. I am told to expect my reg once the car is "on site" in Sandyford.
    Yeah, I got my final invoice on Friday which seemed to coincide with the reports of two Model 3 transporters arriving into Sandyford on the same day. Wonder if that means our cars are on-site now? The invoice also gave the odometer reading which may suggest they have access to the vehicle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ivorfa wrote: »
    I have the same problem have been phoning all week different times of day but with no success answering service keeps telling me all sales people busy ( they must be selling some cars HA) then transfer me to headquarters put on hold and can not get talking to anyone awful service

I've cancelled but every time I've called them I've got through and the guys on the phone were some if not the most helpful guys you could talk to.
    If they can hurry up and bring the Y I might be back again. Still have the deposit on the ID3 but the delivery date is slipping. Tesla should be taking advantage of VW's woes. They seem to be having their own problems with inventory though.

I think we need to wise up and say No to preorders, stick to the today shops.

• Advertisement

30th December.
    When did you get your final invoice?

Yeah, I got my final invoice on Friday which seemed to coincide with the reports of two Model 3 transporters arriving into Sandyford on the same day. Wonder if that means our cars are on-site now? The invoice also gave the odometer reading which may suggest they have access to the vehicle.

I got my final invoice Wednesday, before the cars turned up, my bet they stick 17km on every invoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Mouthful and justmeig, I feel I’m betraying you. You can have a spin of mine on collection day.

Enjoy the car- Tiocfaidh ar la

I got my final invoice Wednesday, before the cars turned up, my bet they stick 17km on every invoice.
    Ah right. Guess it doesn’t mean much so! Mine had 6km on it so at least there might be some truth to that haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Took a spin out to Sandyford today to actually sit in a Model 3, and was fairly impressed with the car.

Size wise it would be very similar to my e90 2006 3 Series, so we could live with that. The young lad was kept occupied playing the games on the display while we were asking some questions.

I (and herself) were fairly impressed, so will more than likely place an order in the next week or 2.

The guy said currently they are looking at about 14 weeks from order to delivery (does this sound about right to folk who’ve already ordered?)

Also, I know there’s a separate thread regarding insurance, but in general is everyone getting quotes that are fairly normal? Or are there companies who just won’t touch them?

What’s the cost of installing a home charger (there’s a €600 SEAI grant for this isn’t there?), and who installs them? ESB? What’s that process like? And is it just a general EV charger they install? And you use the adaptor Tesla supply to plug in your Model 3?

• Advertisement

That's a bit close to May/June a new reg would be on the way. Would it be better wait another 6 weeks or so and aim for a July delivery with the new plate. You've also the Y coming which is cheaper and more family friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

201 or 202 wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference to me...

How much cheaper will the Y be than the Model 3?

What difference does the plate make?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭PaulRyan97

You've also the Y coming which is cheaper and more family friendly.

What? As far as I'm aware the Y should be more expensive than the Model 3. It also probably won't go on sale in Europe until early 2021.

How much cheaper will the Y be than the Model 3?

I'm mistaken, if your looking at the long range the Y will only be a little cheaper maybe 1k, had in my head there was 4k in it.

Just watched the top gear video on the Ford mustang EV, looks like a good size, going to see how that compares in price..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I very much doubt we will see any Model Ys as right hand drive in 2020.

All model Y’s are more expensive than the 3, just as all Model Xs are more expensive than the S. And yeah, I wouldn’t expect any RHD Model Ys appearing in Ireland until early-mid 2021.

All model Y’s are more expensive than the 3, just as all Model Xs are more expensive than the S. And yeah, I wouldn’t expect any RHD Model Ys appearing in Ireland until early-mid 2021.

Depends on what way your looking at it, the Y has a RWD long range but the Model 3 doesn't. If your looking at range the Y is slightly cheaper as it's more comparable to the 3 long range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,743 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

There are barely any Model 3 appearing in early 2020, most people are still waiting on them, despite having pre-ordered them in 2016 and properly ordered them in the first half of 2019.

I'd say even your guess is very optimistic. Unfortunately.

unkel wrote: »
    There are barely any Model 3 appearing in early 2020, most people are still waiting on them, despite having pre-ordered them in 2016 and properly ordered them in the first half of 2019.

Yeah, probably a bit of “Elon time” going on with my estimates there haha.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »

Ordered mine mid November, got a collection date of January 21st, less than 12 weeks later. I know there's people waiting a lot longer, but I'd say Tesla will be clearing the backlog in the next couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭PaulRyan97

I wonder how large the backlog is, anyone who ordered recently, what was your order number?

The guy said currently they are looking at about 14 weeks from order to delivery (does this sound about right to folk who’ve already ordered?)

Barring any last minute hitches, it’ll be 36 weeks for me since order, and almost 2 years since initial reservation deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭hwr5ytu356

Ordered mine mid November, got a collection date of January 21st, less than 12 weeks later. I know there's people waiting a lot longer, but I'd say Tesla will be clearing the backlog in the next couple of months.

What model did you order and does your vin have an L in it please?

hwr5ytu356 wrote: »

M3P white with black interior. It’s a 2020 model alright.

hwr5ytu356 wrote: »

My VIN as a L too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭sk8board

(Difficult to find this in the past few months of pages on the thread, sorry. I’m sure it’s there)

What real-world Irish winter range are owners getting in their SR+ ?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

sk8board wrote: »
    (Difficult to find this in the past few months of pages on the thread, sorry. I’m sure it’s there)

What real-world Irish winter range are owners getting in their SR+ ?
    Thanks.
    Bjorn done a 1000KM challenge recently in winter conditions. 5 degrees and windy. The link to this YouTube is on last page.

He averaged 218W/KM. That would be approximately 230 KM if you used the whole battery.

He done a similar test in summer in LR RWD and averaged 144W/KM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I drove down the N7 to Kildare village yesterday in my SR+ and would have only had 15% left for a round trip so decided to keep it under 110 (speed limit was 100 most of the way anyway), and just had the heated seats on with the heating off. I think the 60km trip came in at under 160kwh/km, maybe 157 or something like that. I managed to charge the car when I was there so on the way home I had the heating on and did 120 when allowed and I think it was about 170-175 kWh/km.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭sk8board

Thanks, so about 250km winter and 325km summer usable range on the SR+.

I’m looking to replace my 4 series gc, and the SR+ is €8k cheaper, with the LR a tad more expensive

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement