Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I drove down the N7 to Kildare village yesterday in my SR+ and would have only had 15% left for a round trip so decided to keep it under 110 (speed limit was 100 most of the way anyway), and just had the heated seats on with the heating off. I think the 60km trip came in at under 160kwh/km, maybe 157 or something like that. I managed to charge the car when I was there so on the way home I had the heating on and did 120 when allowed and I think it was about 170-175 kWh/km.

I must be missing something here.

60km @ 0.160 kWh/km should have only been 9.6 kWh. That's well under 1/4 the battery on the SR+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

You're missing the fact my battery wasn't fully charged when I left Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

You're missing the fact my battery wasn't fully charged when I left Dublin.

For your next trip there's a decent ESB charge point in the Tesco Extra Naas (exit at Naas and drive 2 mins down the Monread Rd.) There's also an Ionity charger planned for Circle K Kill but not sure if it's online yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

What % did you arrive with at Kildare Village? Do they have charge points in the car park yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

sk8board wrote: »
    Thanks, so about 250km winter and 325km summer usable range on the SR+.

I’m looking to replace my 4 series gc, and the SR+ is €8k cheaper, with the LR a tad more expensive
    Depends alot on what type of driving you would do.

City driving is more efficient than motorway driving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

jfk75 wrote: »
    For your next trip there's a decent ESB charge point in the Tesco Extra Naas (exit at Naas and drive 2 mins down the Monread Rd.) There's also an Ionity charger planned for Circle K Kill but not sure if it's online yet.
    Wouldnt ever rely on Naas charger

Ionity Kill north and south are not online yet

User1998 wrote: »
    What % did you arrive with at Kildare Village? Do they have charge points in the car park yeah?
    Yes, 2 *22kW posts

ELM327 wrote: »
    Wouldnt ever rely on Naas charger

Ionity Kill north and south are not online yet

Yes, 2 *22kW posts
    Has there been many issues with the Tesco Extra charger??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

jfk75 wrote: »
    Has there been many issues with the Tesco Extra charger??
    No issues really with the hardware. The issues are with the locals.
    However this may have been resolved since the payment was brought in?

In that respect I absolutely agree with you but as you say with the new over stay charges that's largely gone now. Only over there a couple of times a month but when I am there's always at least one space.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭pobber1

Yes, locals hogging the Tesco Naas charger is not a problem anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 donogh5

Has anyone ordered an M3 through a business lease? I presume delivery is quicker because there's no SEAI grant involved. Ordered last week, leasing company said 10-12 weeks for delivery (late March).

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭hwr5ytu356

donogh5 wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered an M3 through a business lease? I presume delivery is quicker because there's no SEAI grant involved. Ordered last week, leasing company said 10-12 weeks for delivery (late March).

The seai only adds on a couple of weeks when the car gets here. Your biggest problem will be getting matched to a car. If it's a SR+ they seem to be in short supply. Tesla build in batches not to order it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 donogh5

hwr5ytu356 wrote: »
    The seai only adds on a couple of weeks when the car gets here. Your biggest problem will be getting matched to a car. If it's a SR+ they seem to be in short supply. Tesla build in batches not to order it seems.

Gotcha, thanks. It is an SR+. Waiting it is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Delivery of Performance model 3's in Sandyford today, Two blue ones with white interiors (one must be mine). Think another poster is waiting on that spec too. 3 white ones and 2 x grey and a red.

20200113-155855.jpg

20200113-155919.jpg

image uploaders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Delivery of Performance model 3's in Sandyford today, Two blue ones with white interiors (one must be mine). Think another poster is waiting on that spec too. 3 white ones and 2 x grey and a red.

Them great wheels are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better looking.
    Needs a chrome delete now tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

jusmeig wrote: »
    Them great wheels are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better looking.
    Needs a chrome delete now tho :)

Hmm - I think it would be nice to have the option of the older ones :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭taylorsrichard

20200113-155855.jpg

20200113-155919.jpg

image uploaders
    Omg! Would love just to go up and scout out the VIN number to see which one is mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Omg! Would love just to go up and scout out the VIN number to see which one is mine!

I'd say they're all off the trailer by this point and in the storage yard that has zero public access.

Deliveries two weeks in a row now, maybe they are getting serious about the Irish orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Reag

Anyone know the opening hours of tesla sales? My work makes it impossible to ring before 4pm. But when ring and inevitably don't talk to a human, I get diverted but message says Tesla sales are closed. No hours given. Happened twice last week at 1610hrs and 1636hrs, and again today 1630. Need get hold of form to apply for finance. No response to email. Don't live in Dublin so can't pop in.

Shouldn't be this hard to give Tesla money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

One of the white ones must be mine, just waiting on grant now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Reag wrote: »

Its easier than Nissan & BMW, just buy online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

Anyone know the opening hours of tesla sales? My work makes it impossible to ring before 4pm. But when ring and inevitably don't talk to a human, I get diverted but message says Tesla sales are closed. No hours given. Happened twice last week at 1610hrs and 1636hrs, and again today 1630. Need get hold of form to apply for finance. No response to email. Don't live in Dublin so can't pop in.

Did you get an email about the SEAI?

All email communitcation have had has been with the Person that send me the SEAI application forms,

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Chaz76

20200113-155855.jpg

20200113-155919.jpg

image uploaders

Hopefully the other blue one mine!! Thanks for the pics!! Just need the grant to come through before next Tuesday now....

backlashs wrote: »
    Did you get an email about the SEAI?

All email communitcation have had has been with the Person that send me the SEAI application forms,

Not that far yet. June 9th order but nothing happened until Christmas when like everyone else, additional info requested. Stated I would be Tesla finance. Others on forum applied for finance either in store or via application form from sandyford. My assumption is that I will not be vin matched until finance cleared and then comes seai grant. But since can't get hold of form to apply for finance, I am in limbo.

If this has worked in a different order for someone else, please let me know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

donogh5 wrote: »

how do you find the monthly repayments figures over standard 5 year HP with Tesla?

Also i wonder would direct Tesla HP/Cash orders jump ahead of any 3rd party leasing companies ordered regarding delivery dates?

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    how do you find the monthly repayments figures over standard 5 year HP with Tesla?

Also i wonder would direct Tesla HP/Cash orders jump ahead of any 3rd party leasing companies ordered regarding delivery dates?

If you go on the website and start ordering a car, an indicative HP quote will appear. Gives you an idea only. Ignore the "savings" figure- wildly optimistic

Ignore the "savings" figure- wildly optimistic

Depends on what your coming from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

DC Motors have a new blue model with white interior up as well, are the alloys on theirs the same as the ones that are on the truck? They look more black than grey in the DC motors add.

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/tesla/model-3/fpa/202001075880221

• Advertisement

digiman wrote: »
    DC Motors have a new blue model with white interior up as well, are the alloys on theirs the same as the ones that are on the truck? They look more black than grey in the DC motors add.

That’s not a stock M3 anyway. It’s been de-chromed and it’s got arachnid wheels - neither of which are supplied by Tesla for the 3.

That’s not a stock M3 anyway. It’s been de-chromed and it’s got arachnid wheels - neither of which are supplied by Tesla for the 3.

Yeh, I'm planning on doing the same with the window tinting and also the de chroming.

What do you mean by arachnid wheels?

digiman wrote: »

DC have resprayed the alloys a nastly shiny black and done a chrome delete. Not a fan of the DC colour the OEM colour is more grey. Not the OEM alloys, close by not stock.

Looking at the DC photos I am becoming unsure about the chrome delete. I am not a fan of chrome but that delete on that colour somehow looks funny to me.

I find it odd that Tesla don’t offer a ‘shadow line’ option instead of chrome. I think it would be very popular in Europe especially. Every time I see a Tesla I like it but the chrome would have to go.

cisk wrote: »
    I find it odd that Tesla don’t offer a ‘shadow line’ option instead of chrome. I think it would be very popular in Europe especially. Every time I see a Tesla I like it but the chrome would have to go.

I dont know, I swing form one to the other.

[IMG][/img]Annotation-2020-01-13-185803.png

That’s a closeup of the wheels on the DC motors one. That’s the arachnid style. Tesla used to offer them as a referral upgrade on the S a while back.

• Advertisement

That’s a closeup of the wheels on the DC motors one. That’s the arachnid style. Tesla used to offer them as a referral upgrade on the S a while back.

I see it now, it's actually a different alloy and a darker black it looks like. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I think the Blue/Chrome combination works really well. Not a fan of the white with the chrome so I'll do a chrome-delete on mine.

Yeah you’re right, blue/chrome and even red/chrome looks well but for the others it would have to go. The option from factory would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

My assumption is that I will not be vin matched until finance cleared and then comes seai grant. But since can't get hold of form to apply for finance, I am in limbo.

Hmmm, I think you get VIN matched before the finance piece, although I’m open to correction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

If you go on the website and start ordering a car, an indicative HP quote will appear. Gives you an idea only. Ignore the "savings" figure- wildly optimistic
    I was asking more regarding the lease verses HP figure difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I dont know, I swing form one to the other.

[IMG][/img]Annotation-2020-01-13-185803.png

The chrome with the chrome wheels looks miles better, the black wheels, tinted windows and chrome delete make it look like a boyracers ford probe, really cheapens it.
    That would look savage on a midnight grey one just not the blue.

Bjorn done a 1000KM challenge recently in winter conditions. 5 degrees and windy. The link to this YouTube is on last page.

He averaged 218W/KM. That would be approximately 230 KM if you used the whole battery.

He done a similar test in summer in LR RWD and averaged 144W/KM

Great. What parts of Ireland did this acolyte drive in winter, as per the actual question?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Chaz76

Not that far yet. June 9th order but nothing happened until Christmas when like everyone else, additional info requested. Stated I would be Tesla finance. Others on forum applied for finance either in store or via application form from sandyford. My assumption is that I will not be vin matched until finance cleared and then comes seai grant. But since can't get hold of form to apply for finance, I am in limbo.

You get vin matched before they look at the finance end. I had to remind the guy in Sandyford that I'd been approved for finance

Great. What parts of Ireland did this acolyte drive in winter, as per the actual question?
    5 degrees. Windy.

Look out the window

5 degrees. Windy.

Look out the window

Not sure how a snide remark is answer the question, where in Ireland did the guy drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

I've spent last 48 hours or so trying to get in touch with service centre for a genuinely urgent issue - anyone any way to contact them as I have left various messages with the 'public' Tesla line (answered in Scotland I think) asking Tesla SC Sandyford to call me without success, and my next option to schedule a service in the app is Feb 10th!

I'm not at the side of the road so did not call the emergency line but I am without a car and cannot get anyone to call me back or answer the f'ing phone. - this is NOT satisfactory customer service by any stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

catharsis wrote: »
    I've spent last 48 hours or so trying to get in touch with service centre for a genuinely urgent issue - anyone any way to contact them as I have left various messages with the 'public' Tesla line (answered in Scotland I think) asking Tesla SC Sandyford to call me without success, and my next option to schedule a service in the app is Feb 10th!

I'm not at the side of the road so did not call the emergency line but I am without a car and cannot get anyone to call me back or answer the f'ing phone. - this is NOT satisfactory customer service by any stretch.

If the car is with you and the issue is preventing use of the car id consider that perfectly valid use of the emergency line.

catharsis wrote: »

If you cannot use your car, call the emergency help line. That's what it is for and it is second to none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What's wrong with the car, could be someone here might know.

Not sure how a snide remark is answer the question, where in Ireland did the guy drive?
    https://youtu.be/roNsuXnMiwc

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement