Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭diegowhite

What's a proof of business document to submit here? A bill / CRO registration? https://imgur.com/a/xvORLfF

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭hwr5ytu356

diegowhite wrote: »
    What's a proof of business document to submit here? A bill / CRO registration? https://imgur.com/a/xvORLfF

I would imagine it's the Certificate of Incorporation for your company. You can get a copy on www.cro.ie if you don't have one handy.

Another transporter with 8 model 3 early this morning....coming thick and fast now.

All performance again ? Did you get a close look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

hwr5ytu356 wrote: »
    All performance again ? Did you get a close look.

I did not see, think some aero wheels. As we speak another transporter has gone up the road with another 8 mixture of specs.

I did not see, think some aero wheels. As we speak another transporter has gone up the road with another 8 mixture of specs.

Thanks, I've a feeling they are stocking up for the people who got matched over the last few days. I find it hard to believe that cars are still in the US for those matched recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

Anyone know what accessories they have in sandyford.

Looking for mats, aero wheel cap kit, charger pad.

Anyone know what accessories they have in sandyford.

Looking for mats, aero wheel cap kit, charger pad.

I ordered mats and cap kit online on the 15th and got an email saying they had been dispatched on the 16th. Could be here today or Monday. So it's very quick if you do it via the online shop.

I ordered mats and cap kit online on the 15th and got an email saying they had been dispatched on the 16th. Could be here today or Monday. So it's very quick if you do it via the online shop.
    They don't seem to have inside mats on the online store. Just frunck and trunck

They don't seem to have inside mats on the online store. Just frunck and trunck

It was the liners for the frunk and boot I ordered. Amazon has multiple sellers of decent in car mats if you want to try there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Guys, did anyone finance, no info on site about how/who to call?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It makes a lot of sense for the cars to come to Ireland thick and fast now. Nobody in the UK wants another car anymore now until the new reg change over there in March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭CFC007

Tomorrows collection cancelled. SEAI grant not back. Even though was sent in before Xmas processing only started on the 6th Jan. Having got radio silence all week at least I’m not going there wasting my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Hartunion

Thoughts on removal of Aero wheels.
    Also add the black cover for door handles. :( or :cool:

Hartunion wrote: »

Off in Summer. On in winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Are the standard 18" wheels dark grey now, under the aero caps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

Personally I prefer the Aero's but I can see why people like the alloys underneath. I picked up a cheap cap kit online to have the option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Off in Summer. On in winter.

For me it would be off for general running around, on for very long runs.

Lumen wrote: »
    Are the standard 18" wheels dark grey now, under the aero caps?

Yep they are the bog standard SR+ wheels - with obviously nut covers and tesla centre logo purchased online.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tesla3

Thanks for all your support everyone. I am going to place my order on Monday
    White LR AWD- Black interior and FAD

Now looking for a referral code!
    Pm me your codes and one piece of advice and I will select at random

For me it would be off for general running around, on for very long runs.

That's the plan alright - I head to Limerick 4 or 5 times a year...
    Have a funny feeling however getting that centre cover out will be a big of a nightmare. They're fairly rammed in!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

got a better pic of the door handles or is it just me that needs my eyes tested? :|

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

Got my P3D this morning after 3.5 years.

Got it via DC motors who I have to say were great.

Some whack out of it on the motorway. Drove it like I stole it all the way home.

Getting 27 miles an hour from the home charger.

6kUbzNg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Chaz76

CFC007 wrote: »
    Tomorrows collection cancelled. SEAI grant not back. Even though was sent in before Xmas processing only started on the 6th Jan. Having got radio silence all week at least I’m not going there wasting my time.

Can't get over what a stupid system the SEAI grant procedure is. I'll presume mine won't be back for next Tuesday and plan for the following week

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Good man bdogg... 3 weeks from order to door is great, and a pretty big damnation of Tesla's own process.

bdogg wrote: »
    Got my P3D this morning after 3.5 years.

Got it via DC motors who I have to say were great.

Some whack out of it on the motorway. Drove it like I stole it all the way home.

Getting 27 miles an hour from the home charger.

Nice one. Looks great. The lads in DC are decent fellas. I very nearly bought from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

unkel wrote: »
    It makes a lot of sense for the cars to come to Ireland thick and fast now. Nobody in the UK wants another car anymore now until the new reg change over there in March.

Also 0% BIK in the UK from April.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-7236585/Electric-vehicles-exempt-company-car-tax-year.html

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Reag

When you say finance form, do you just mean you have selected the options or is there some separate form i missed :eek:

They sent me the form by email. There is nothing on the Tesla site or in account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Good man bdogg... 3 weeks from order to door is great, and a pretty big damnation of Tesla's own process.

How and where do DC get the cars though.

Are they not ordered by DC before someone like Bdogg goes to them.

Old diesel wrote: »
    How and where do DC get the cars though.

Are they not ordered by DC before someone like Bdogg goes to them.

I believe they (or someone they know) has a leasing company in the UK which orders random model 3's. As its a leasing company they can then send them over here to be re-registered as a new car. The only issue with ordering via them is a) you need to be lucky and they have the exact car you want and b) they charge you a premium over the Tesla price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SirPixie

Chaz76 wrote: »
    Can't get over what a stupid system the SEAI grant procedure is. I'll presume mine won't be back for next Tuesday and plan for the following week

I’m in the same boat. Very frustrating.

• Advertisement

Chaz76 wrote: »

Yeah maybe a delay for us, but they have told me that we might have approval on monday. I am collecting late Tuesday for one more day. I presume once the grant it through its quick get the rest sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭taylorsrichard

CFC007 wrote: »
    Did they give you a rescheduled delivery date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

road_high wrote: »
    How much is a reasonable spec (say Bmw 3 series Sport spec) Model 3 new?
    How do we compare with the rest of Europe? With lower VRT we should be in line with other countries more?

They are much lower monthly in Switzerland. SR+ is less than a top spec Kona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭CFC007

Not yet still showing as tomorrow in my account.
    Did they give you a rescheduled delivery date?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mrbongo

Hartunion wrote: »

I'm keeping the aero wheels on with the Kenriko White Wrap Kit (ordered from US via An Post's AddressPal):

31FRenTfQKL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

mrbongo wrote: »
    I'm keeping the aero wheels on with the Kenriko White Wrap Kit (ordered from US via An Post's AddressPal):

31FRenTfQKL.jpg
    looks awful imo.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    looks awful imo.
    Agree

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Agree

The first ricer model 3 in the country ladies and gentlemen

MrBongo

Rethink that one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mrbongo

MrBongo

Rethink that one :)

:) Dunno, pretty sure it looks better than raw aero to me - YouTube seems to think so:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Americans think fanny packs and clipping your mobile phone to your belt are cool.

Still looks hideous imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

AidenL wrote: »
    Have most here ordered the SR + model?

I don’t see too many Performance models being delivered among those which have.

There was a red one with grey wheels at the SC yesterday.

Very attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

If I was going to get aftermarket wheels I'd probably go for TSTs or EV01s.

But I'm probably too cheap.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Still haven’t seen one in the wild in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Odauto

I’ve seen a few in the wild up my end of the country but no performance versions yet. Anyone on here take delivery of one yet and want to offer me a spin? ��

• Advertisement

MrBongo your car do what you wish with your own car. The model 3 can use some individuality, would not be to my taste, or the tast of most sighted people, but YOLO.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tesla3

Ok am ordering tomorrow at 8 pm-

Anyone who wants to share their referal code with me should do so before then- you will be assigned a number according to when received and siri will pick a random number for the winner

MrBongo your car do what you wish with your own car. The model 3 can use some individuality, would not be to my taste, or the tast of most sighted people, but YOLO.

Got to love Matt

Imagine if you put Mrbongo wheels on it how faster it would go...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 donogh5

Anyone heard anything about when the new Wall Connector is going to be available here, please?

Want to get it installed before delivery, but not much point ordering the old one, especially when it's the same price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I’m also going to order a Model 3 today.

I know someone sent me a referral code. Week or 2 back, so if that’s still valid, please advise, otherwise if anyone else has a code....

Home Charging options;

What’s the best suited for a Model 3?

Is the Electric Ireland offering sufficient, or is there a more Tesla suited option available?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement