Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Chaz76 wrote: »
    I got a very apologetic email from Cillian yesterday asking me to check my order page for an amended delivery date due to grant not being back. He said they were leaving a little buffer and if the grant was in earlier they may amend it a little earlier but tbh 6 day delay doesn’t really bother me

Cillian is a nice chap, would say he is cursing SEAI the lazy bastards. I am running a rental car at the moment so I will call him tomorrow and see do I need to extend. Dont know will the exceitment take a weeks delay....ah sure there are chaps waiting 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Reag

jusmeig wrote: »
    Arg...I was on hold for half the day last time I tried that. What's their email response time like?

This took multiple attempts over about 10 days. Then got lucky. No response to emails to Tesla sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Chaz76

Cillian is a nice chap, would say he is cursing SEAI the lazy bastards. I am running a rental car at the moment so I will call him tomorrow and see do I need to extend. Dont know will the exceitment take a weeks delay....ah sure there are chaps waiting 3 years.

Thankfully I’ve a few other cars I can use so I’m not stuck but I know the excitement is real! I agree Cillian couldn’t be more helpful and I’m sure dealing with the SEAI and absolute nightmare for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Is it true that Tesla owners get hand jobs when washing their car? Can't power wash them or put them through a car wash? How do you remove all the mud from underneath wheels and underside in that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭sk8board

Is it true that Tesla owners get hand jobs when washing their car?

Now there’s a sales ploy if ever I saw one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Is it true that Tesla owners get hand jobs when washing their car?

The government must be really eager to hit that 10% EV market share by the end of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Tesla3 wrote: »
    So the winner is Mouthful he/she was number 23

Pity teslà do not allow entry of multiple referral codes and everyone could have gotten a few free charges!

Thanks comrade!!!

Chaz76 wrote: »
    Thankfully I’ve a few other cars I can use so I’m not stuck but I know the excitement is real! I agree Cillian couldn’t be more helpful and I’m sure dealing with the SEAI and absolute nightmare for them

Well is made more sense for me than to tax an off the road car, but if it goes on another week thats not true.

Looking forward even more now there are hand jobs. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Well is made more sense for me to tax an off the road car, but if it goes on another week thats not true.

Looking forward even more now there are hand jobs. :D

Just get the real M3 on the road mate now that’s a real beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Someone needs to call Tesla in Sandyford and ask what the story is with the hand jobs. Who provides the hand jobs? Is it only with your first wash or with every wash?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Not sure I would be able to wash my car properly with a simultaneous hand job? Not a great multitasker!!! Can I have it afterwards???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I don't know how they get any work done with everyone apparently constantly phoning them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

One of the features of the Model 3 I need some clarification on...

Unlocking the car. I see 2 options, 1 is using the key card and holding it up to the door frame to unlock, the other is auto unlocking when you come close with your phone, but how close is close?

Can you set the distance? If I’ve my phone in my pocket and come down the stairs, I’ll be about 2m away from the back of the car, so will it unlock it every time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Is it true that Tesla owners get hand jobs when washing their car? Can't power wash them or put them through a car wash? How do you remove all the mud from underneath wheels and underside in that case.

Not sure what you are getting at with this post, looks designed to enflame

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

s8n wrote: »

A lot of Tesla YouTubers hand wash their cars using the two bucket method, my guess is the poster just worded it a little questionably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

This is how I’ve washed all my cars. Can’t see what the issue is with it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭taylorsrichard

You can use pressure washers as with any standard car. However, Tesla recommend not pointing the pressure washer directly at any of the camera sensors or charge port door.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

This is how I’ve washed all my cars. Can’t see what the issue is with it ??

It was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

Guys over in UK forumn (see below)are on about adding referral code after order for people like me you didn't add when ordering.
    Anyone done this

"Send an email to buildmy3EMEA@tesla.com using 'Referral' as the subject and giving your contact details, reservation number and the referral code you wish to use."

Guys over in UK forumn (see below)are on about adding referral code after order for people like me you didn't add when ordering.
    Anyone done this

"Send an email to buildmy3EMEA@tesla.com using 'Referral' as the subject and giving your contact details, reservation number and the referral code you wish to use."
    I’ve tried emailing “referralprogram@tesla.com” and “deliveryie@tesla.com” before with those details but both times they replied to say that the system was changed on May 2nd and that it just wasn’t possible to add a referral code to the order afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Odauto

You can use pressure washers as with any standard car. However, Tesla recommend not pointing the pressure washer directly at any of the camera sensors or charge port door.

Yep, pressure washer is no problem. Just washed mine today. Just go easy on the cameras as you said and you'll be grand. Remember it's a car. Don't over think it too much. After you take delivery you will realize a lot of stuff online is overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

Does anyone know how the trade in works?

Im getting finance from AIB and the car im trading in also has money due on finance from AIB.

Tesla giving me 8k for mine - how is this paid? Is it taken off my bill or is it a separate transaction?

Anyone done this

I had a few beers when I was ordering and in my drunken haste I forgot about the referral code. I thought it was a big deal at the time and ask the guy's at Sandyford if they would add one and they flat out refused saying it wasn't possible and I'd have to reorder. Realistically the 1500km is only useful if you regularly charge with superchargers. It's equivalent to €60-70ish. The draw for the Roadster and model Y would be cool tho.

rduggy wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the trade in works?

Im getting finance from AIB and the car im trading in also has money due on finance from AIB.

Tesla giving me 8k for mine - how is this paid? Is it taken off my bill or is it a separate transaction?

It taken off the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Waabud

Got the email on Thursday too. Sent back the Seai and proof of address on Friday. There is no VIN on my account though. Still, giddiness levels have risen dramatically.

I got a quote from an electrician to install a charger. 350 + VAT. Anyone know if that is a reasonable quote?

Does anyone have a recommendation for an electrician around Cork city to install a charger?

Odauto wrote: »
    It taken off the bill.

Do i just settle the balance i owe on my current car myself then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I read it, and saw youtube video. You can't put a Tesla through a carwash, or power wash it? You have to get it done by hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

Waabud wrote: »
    Got the email on Thursday too. Sent back the Seai and proof of address on Friday. There is no VIN on my account though. Still, giddiness levels have risen dramatically.

I got a quote from an electrician to install a charger. 350 + VAT. Anyone know if that is a reasonable quote?

Does anyone have a recommendation for an electrician around Cork city to install a charger?
    I was quoted €800 for about 20 meter run from fuse box - Dublin Prices...

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Shane119

So, does anyone think a M3 Performance would be wasted on the backroads of rural Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

Nope. Other than the potholes etc.

Maybe fitting 18" wheels for the back roads and suspension rise.

That's where the P- would shine ... if you could get one.

Do i just settle the balance i owe on my current car myself then?

When you say finance is it a regular personal loan or some sort of hire purchase? If personal loan(separate to your loan for the model3) then it say you just have to keep making payments on your current car as well and your new loan. Can AIB not just wrap the 2 loans into one?

P.S. thats just my take. Maybe someone else on here knows better.

One of the features of the Model 3 I need some clarification on...

Unlocking the car. I see 2 options, 1 is using the key card and holding it up to the door frame to unlock, the other is auto unlocking when you come close with your phone, but how close is close?

Can you set the distance? If I’ve my phone in my pocket and come down the stairs, I’ll be about 2m away from the back of the car, so will it unlock it every time?

That's a good question. There is no setting to set the distance. It simply depends on your phone. In my case the car detects the phone at about 8-10m. I'd say your car would unlock every time you go down the stairs. In your case I'd stick to the key card and in any case I'd enable pin to drive. Using your phone is a little too convenient. Several times I've left my phone in the center console on charge with the flap down, forgot it and walked away. Tesla should include an alert on the screen if the car detects a phone on charge when the door is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

EVGuy wrote: »
    Nope. Other than the potholes etc.

Maybe fitting 18" wheels for the back roads and suspension rise.

That's where the P- would shine ... if you could get one.

Picked my P- up last week definitely perfect for rural roads ðŸ˜

When you say finance is it a regular personal loan or some sort of hire purchase? If personal loan(separate to your loan for the model3) then it say you just have to keep making payments on your current car as well and your new loan. Can AIB not just wrap the 2 loans into one?

P.S. thats just my take. Maybe someone else on here knows better.

Basically im going with AIB HP through Tesla but my trade in is my current car which has a car loan from AIB too.

I assumed it would all be sorted by tesla but have my doubts now lol

Basically im going with AIB HP through Tesla but my trade in is my current car which has a car loan from AIB too.

I assumed it would all be sorted by tesla but have my doubts now lol

Right, well in that case I think you're grand. My understanding is you simply need to keep repaying your current car loan. The current loan is simply a car loan so you own the car.
    More importantly - are you getting a Model 3 performance and if so can I have a spin!

• Advertisement

Right, well in that case I think you're grand. My understanding is you simply need to keep repaying your current car loan. The current loan is simply a car loan so you own the car.
    More importantly - are you getting a Model 3 performance and if so can I have a spin!

Ok thanks think ill call AIB tomorrow see how it works anyway for piece of mind. Will post here war they say in case it helps others

Went for SR+ for me i dont need the bigger battery or supercar speed ... plus 50 grand is certainly better the 65 grand.

Got my delivery date, Feb 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭teslad

Waabud wrote: »

Think the cost comes down to if a cable needs to be run from the fuse board to an outdoor location. Can be time consuming. Other than that it seems to be a couple of hours job. So I guess factor in their hourly rate is all, usually around 30-50 quid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

That's a good question. There is no setting to set the distance. It simply depends on your phone. In my case the car detects the phone at about 8-10m. I'd say your car would unlock every time you go down the stairs. In your case I'd stick to the key card and in any case I'd enable pin to drive. Using your phone is a little too convenient. Several times I've left my phone in the center console on charge with the flap down, forgot it and walked away. Tesla should include an alert on the screen if the car detects a phone on charge when the door is open.

I assume Auto unlock can be disabled, so in that case, I'd be happy to just use the key card or manual unlock via the phone (perhaps even Siri could do it).

Will also 100% be setting up Pin to drive as a last line of security on it.

8-10 meters is a big enough distance, you could be in a shop/cafe or something walking past and your car constantly being locked/unlocked....

Do Tesla sell optional key-fobs? for the traditionals among us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jarrieta

I assume Auto unlock can be disabled, so in that case, I'd be happy to just use the key card or manual unlock via the phone (perhaps even Siri could do it).

8-10 meters is a big enough distance, you could be in a shop/cafe or something walking past and your car constantly being locked/unlocked....

Mine does not unlock unless I am closer than 2 meters from the car, my living room is barely 2m from the car and the front door 3m and it does not unlock at those distances. Have PIN to drive also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

jordan191 wrote: »
    Picked my P- up last week definitely perfect for rural roads ðŸ˜

<Jealous> :(

Enjoy!

Yes, they sell a more traditional key fob which you can get from the Tesla online shop for €160.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭rocky

jarrieta wrote: »
    Mine does not unlock unless I am closer than 2 meters from the car, my living room is barely 2m from the car and the front door 3m and it does not unlock at those distances. Have PIN to drive also

My phone (Edge 7) needs to be almost touching the car before it unlocks, I also have a key card in my pocket for emergencies, but yes, the phone shouldn't be left in the car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Ryath

I'd be definitely using the PIN It's not like you'd want to leave your phone in a faraday pouch to prevent this. At least with fob you could store it in one overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dbloke

Still no VIN match, but got the call from Tesla this morning to arrange finance. They say it takes about 2 weeks to sort with AIB currently.

Need to sell current car, the quote from Tesla for trade-in was as bad as rumoured. Worse actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 donogh5

teslad wrote: »
    Tesla told me there are no plans to bring into non-US territories at the moment. So we are Gen 2 all the way here for foreseeable future!

Thanks for the info, ordering my Gen 2 so!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭diegowhite

dbloke wrote: »
    Still no VIN match, but got the call from Tesla this morning to arrange finance. They say it takes about 2 weeks to sort with AIB currently.

Need to sell current car, the quote from Tesla for trade-in was as bad as rumoured. Worse actually!

How much were they offering to average market value?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Chaz76

donogh5 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, ordering my Gen 2 so!

Sitting in the dark currently having the charger installed to the 3 phase in work. Probably should’ve thought a little more about it rather than leaving the business without power for an hour!

diegowhite wrote: »
    How much were they offering to average market value?

They offered me less than 50%.

Delay here thanks to SEAI grant delay. Saturday delivery booked now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement