Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kodirl

Must say I am quite disappointed with the look of the model 3 in the flesh. Have been in Sweden for the past few days and have seen a couple of them on the road and the design externally is not particularly nice or sporty compared to the premium German brands. I'm sure the tech makes up for it though, however the new BMW 3 series in msport trim certainly looks far better in the metal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    Model 3 charging at almost 200kW at an Ionity 350kW charger. 400V * 500A :eek:

I wonder is 500a the charger limit or the car limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's the charger limit. Not the car limit. The charger has max current of 500A and max voltage of 920V (but not at 500A) giving total power of 350kW

Here's the spec sheet

Model 3 has 96 cells in series, each nominally 3.7V or 4.2V fully charged. Say 3.9V * 96 = 375V times 500A is roughly the 187kW max you see in the clip

At the Supercharger 3, it can charge at 250kW, so 250000W / 375V = 666A max. The current of the beast :eek:

And here is Model 3 P doing 233km/h - no overheating. And once Tesla fit the free spoiler, it will do 261km/h. Now we're talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

I think soon there will be first RHD TM3s in the wild, if this forum post is to be trusted https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/3752718/

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    Just ordered SR+, Midnight Silver, didn't go for FSD. Estimated delivery date is July.

I’ve changed to Pearl White using the “Edit Design”. It didn’t change the estimated delivery time from July during the process of changing. From what I’ve been reading online, any change you make while the “edit design” button is still there (and before a VIN is assigned) doesn’t affect your delivery date. I also have heard nothing from Tesla since the initial order. We’ll wait and see.

Even though I was a reservation holder and have a very low invoice number, I’m still expecting August at the earliest. The U.K. page is still saying July as well, so there must be a ship load of RHDs expected sometime soon. I hope I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

What’s the story with waiting on the SEAI grant with a new car? How long does this take and will it hold up collection of the car once it arrives?

P.S. PM me if anyone needs a referral code!

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭sk8board

I’d be very sceptical of the “July” - it’s been there for all Irish and UK orders since the start and never seems to change, irrespective of spec chosen on the configurator.
    Unless, as you say, there’s a massive boatload of every possible spec combo already enroute.

I doubt it very much tbh

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

sk8board wrote: »
    I’d be very sceptical of the “July” - it’s been there for all Irish and UK orders since the start and never seems to change, irrespective of spec chosen on the configurator.
    Unless, as you say, there’s a massive boatload of every possible spec combo already enroute.

I doubt it very much tbh

I said this at the announcement in another thread. At least August in my option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

sk8board wrote: »

I doubt it very much tbh

https://insideevs.com/news/353462/ship-rhd-tesla-model-3-heads-uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

UK Cars appear to have landed and are being trucked from Dover.. https://twitter.com/RSymonsLTD/status/1139807406802780163?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Anyone bought a M3 performance yet?

0-160 in 8 secs is mental

Thats a good 0-100 time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Mike9832 wrote: »

She really slows down beyond 200 though, that's where a BMW M3 or M340i would quickly catch up. But in normal every day driving its not going to be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Yeah I ordered a blue/black performance + model.....can't wait to get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kicha

Ordered model 3 last week. Delighted that it's finally here in Ireland.
    Went for standard PLUS RWD Grey
    Wanted to get performance model but BIK was prohibitively more. 3900 per year for the rest of the time I own the car if I went for the performance model
    With standard plus BIK is negligible- my order comes to 51519, so bik per year will be 246 pre tax.
    I do around 60-80 km per day. So I think the standard plus will be more than sufficient..
    Also didn't order autopilot as I want to upgrade it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

Kicha wrote: »
    Wanted to get performance model but BIK was prohibitively more. 3900 per year for the rest of the time I own the car if I went for the performance model
    With standard plus BIK is negligible- my order comes to 51519, so bik per year will be 246 pre tax.
    I do around 60-80 km per day. So I think the standard plus will be more than sufficient..
    I thought autopilot came standard

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

What’s the highest invoice number we’re at now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

goob20s wrote: »
    I thought autopilot came standard

So did I.....

I assume the poster meant full self driving capability

digiman wrote: »
    She really slows down beyond 200 though, that's where a BMW M3 or M340i would quickly catch up.

Nyland suggested this may be because the current top speed is set to just 233km/h, he reckons that once the top speed is set to 261km/h, this might be quicker

He promised to do this same test again when he has the spoiler, we'll know then :D

Old diesel wrote: »
    So did I.....

I assume the poster meant full self driving capability
    Yup..meant full driving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

3900 per year for the rest of the time I own the car if I went for the performance model
    That's only until end of 2021 though right? If the scheme isn't extended or some other incentive introduced you could be looking at a circa 8k tax bill per year!
    Hopefully it won't come to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

beanian wrote: »
    That's only until end of 2021 though right? If the scheme isn't extended or some other incentive introduced you could be looking at a circa 8k tax bill per year!
    Hopefully it won't come to that.

Ehhhh... sorry to break it to you but you are calculating BIK off a figure that is 8800 too low.

the VRT Rebate and SEAI grant are NOT removed from the price on which BIK is due,, meaning that you have to pay BIK on a 'benefit' of 10,319 every year and that assuming your 246 was calculated correctly you will actually be paying 1671 per year in tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

catharsis wrote: »
    Ehhhh... sorry to break it to you but you are calculating BIK off a figure that is 8800 too low.

the VRT Rebate and SEAI grant are NOT removed from the price on which BIK is due,, meaning that you have to pay BIK on a 'benefit' of 10,319 every year and that assuming your 246 was calculated correctly you will actually be paying 1671 per year in tax.

Is it that amount every year? Surely as the value goes down, the BIK becomes less based on the yearly revised OMSP or is it set for all years of ownership on the original purchase price? As in, given the current rules, once the car is worth less than €50k, does BIK go away?

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ckeng

Is it that amount every year? Surely as the value goes down, the BIK becomes less based on the yearly revised OMSP or is it set for all years of ownership on the original purchase price? As in, given the current rules, once the car is worth less than €50k, does BIK go away?

The Original price doesn't change.

BIK is based on the original purchase price IIRC.

You are right mate!
    I ran the numbers with my accountant but he probably missed that fact that grants are not included for BIK calculation.
    bummer..!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

You are right mate!
    I ran the numbers with my accountant but he probably missed that fact that grants are not included for BIK calculation.
    bummer..!!

time for a new accountant!! you stil lgonna go ahead with it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dagryl

Where did you get information that VRT Rebate is not removed from BIK calculation? I was trying to find information, but couldn't get anything, my accountant has no clue (how is that even possible?). Could you please share the source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭carloscorreia

copeyhagen wrote: »
    I have cancelled the company order.....
    But ordered a personal one - Red model 3 performance with everything.. the only reason I was holding back was the BIK earlier..
    Still says July delivery. Invoice number 208..
    Looks like I have to wait for 45 days to get refund for the previous deposit..
    Doesn't matter - thanks to @carloscorreia - we now have spotted the cars in UK!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

It’s funny over there:-

UK were told June delivery,

some are calculating 2-3 wks from landing at the port

then considering so many vins registered 972,

Considering so many rhd on boat (1000) mentioned, or are they next batch of EU,

Then some other ship with X number vins somewhere near panama (point P)

That takes 2-3 wks to get to point Z ( Zeebrugge ).

then some were 2016 deposit holders at some 2016 date with June delivery some with August date.

So 2x3=5 (point P) and 2x3 (point Z)=5 then 5x5 =25x2 = 50
    And 972 + 1000 (y=rhd) = 1970
    Add 1970 + bik + the above 50= 2020 simple ( bik zero if you have good accountant).

So next year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You are right mate!
    bummer..!!
    copeyhagen wrote: »

As an accountant myself I'd be embarrassed with this oversight, it really is bread and butter stuff, an accountant should be giving financial advise you can rely on to make decisions not costing you more cash (BIK due) that advised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Same color combo that I ordered Red / White interior, looks better than expected from that photo. Panel gaps look goofy though on the boot so I hope its the camera angle :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I have cancelled the company order.....
    But ordered a personal one - Red model 3 performance with everything.. the only reason I was holding back was the BIK earlier..
    Still says July delivery. Invoice number 208..
    Looks like I have to wait for 45 days to get refund for the previous deposit..
    Doesn't matter - thanks to @carloscorreia - we now have spotted the cars in UK!!!!

Congrats, well wear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Folks - Just a query on the grant for installing a home charger. I applied, got the approval letter, is it now as easy as purchasing the charging unit and sending them the invoice with completed form to get a cheque back ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

s8n wrote: »
    Folks - Just a query on the grant for installing a home charger. I applied, got the approval letter, is it now as easy as purchasing the charging unit and sending them the invoice with completed form to get a cheque back ?

It needed to be installed not just bought though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

It also has to be installed by a certified electrician who has to submit an official safe electric cert. Getting the handyman down the road isnt enough.

When you have the electricians cert you can then submit his invoice along with the charge point invoice and get your €600 grant at that stage.

KCross wrote: »
    It also has to be installed by a certified electrician who has to submit an official safe electric cert. Getting the handyman down the road isnt enough.

When you have the electricians cert you can then submit his invoice along with the charge point invoice and get your €600 grant at that stage.

Perfect - Appreciate the clarity. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

smokybacon wrote: »
    It’s funny over there:-

So 2x3=5 (point P) and 2x3 (point Z)=5 then 5x5 =25x2 = 50

2x3 != 5
    2+3 = 5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Next year is fine, we have waited since Oct 2016...will give me time to figure out the hell im going to pay for it.

jusmeig wrote: »
    2x3 != 5
    2+3 = 5

Just a technicality.

• Advertisement

KCross wrote: »

2 certs have to be sent into SEAI which they verify with Safe Electric.
    The RECI install Cert and a Test Record Cert for the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Channelling Unkel.... Only 150km range at motorway speeds for Model 3 Performance :(

.... at 200km/h on the Autobahn

For 50 minutes without overheating

Badum tish !

What do you expect? :p

At least the good thing is there was no overheating. And there are enough superchargers all over Europe to drive your Model 3 Performance at 200km/h nearly everywhere without having issues finding a charger. And then of course charging it back up at world class speed (up to 250kW on the latest gen supercharger)

just confirmed order on mine, Invoice number 212.

One question, it quoted the price of c. Euro 40K on the configurator but the invoice states 50K, I am assuming this is the price before grants are applied ?

One question, it quoted the price of c. Euro 40K on the configurator but the invoice states 50K, I am assuming this is the price before grants are applied ?

40?

smokybacon wrote: »
    40?

Did you go into uk site first and then it went to euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

The Tesla site has two figures one for the Purchase price
    and one estimating savings over 5 years this is where the 10k difference is coming from i would say

backlashs wrote: »
    The Tesla site has two figures one for the Purchase price
    and one estimating savings over 5 years this is where the 10k difference is coming from i would say

Ahhhh, that must be where the confusion was coming from. I went for SR+ in silver and the configurator gave me this as a cost :

https://ibb.co/TMGXCLt

I didnt realise that was a 5 year saving. Very misleading !!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

Ahhhh, that must be where the confusion was coming from. I went for SR+ in silver and the configurator gave me this as a cost :

Ye the way they layout the figures doesn't help either,

Here is the Saving calculation taken from the web site

"Electric vehicles are less expensive to fuel than gasoline powered vehicles. The average person drives approximately 20,000 kilometers and spends around € 2,500 on gasoline per year. In comparison, the cost of electricity to power Model 3 over the same distance is 3 times lower. Over the five year average length of car ownership, that's approximately € 8,900 in gasoline savings.We've assumed a fuel economy of 11.9 kilometers per liter for a comparable gasoline powered car. We've also assumed the national average of € 0.23 per kilowatt hour for electricity and € 1.49 per liter for premium gasoline over the next five year."

I wrote below paragraph before. Yours is about 49100. I actually don’t know the cost of the car! Has the price gone down or up!

On ordered sr+.....
    On mobile bottom of screen where option cash or finance it says 47840.
    Above picture of car on center it says 48900.
    Manage “your car” says 49880!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement