Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

EV News Daily - Live From Tesla UK For Model 3 Right Hand Drive Handovers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPwuFWzSGcs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

For those of you who aren’t fans of the 18 inch aero wheels, here is a cheap solution to make them look way better (IMO)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cgkD-ZCZe2Q

https://shop.tesla.com/us/en/product/vehicle-accessories/model-3-aero-wheel-cap-kit.html

Hopefully they will start selling the kit here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

bf wrote: »
    For those of you who aren’t fans of the 18 inch aero wheels, here is a cheap solution to make them look way better (IMO)

https://shop.tesla.com/us/en/product/vehicle-accessories/model-3-aero-wheel-cap-kit.html

Still would have went for 19inch sports, but I'll see how these look.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

That would be the first thing I'd be buying if I had a Model 3. I prefer the 19"s but I can't stand the look of the aero wheels with the cover on.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

bf wrote: »

I bought these from the US site to my US AddressPal. They arrived during the week and look to be good quality. Still no sign of the car to put them on!

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

SaintsYB wrote: »
    That would be the first thing I'd be buying if I had a Model 3. I prefer the 19"s but I can't stand the look of the aero wheels with the cover on.

They are not an option here, u either get 18 or 20's with the performance upgrade... slightly annoying. If I'm not happy with the 18's I'll swap em out for something else down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I add will these to growing list of stuff I am accumulating like mats and interior wrap. I also have plans to de-chrome and go for a red/black vibe with the car, those 18" wheels will likely be powder coated quite early into the ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

mouthful wrote: »
    I had understood I was customer order number 3, but now note it is 18.
    There are two possible explanations the most likely is that I misread the number or was looking at the incorrect document;

The other is that the number is dynamic and I was “bumped” by reservation holders.

Where did you see that number?

catharsis wrote: »

Last few digits of invoice number (should have a few 0s before it) and is up to 220 or so for Irish orders so far.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

catharsis wrote: »

It took me a while to find it as I thought it was my order number originally.

If you log into your tesla account and click on manage (your order)........ The next page has a bunch of documents at the bottom right. The Booking invoice will have your invoice Number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

krissovo wrote: »
    I add will these to growing list of stuff I am accumulating like mats and interior wrap. I also have plans to de-chrome and go for a red/black vibe with the car, those 18" wheels will likely be powder coated quite early into the ownership.

What mats did you go for?

What mats did you go for?

3D Kagu from amazon, expensive but i have messy kids and also a gravel driveway that collects in treads of shoes and wears out my carpets quite quickly.

https://3d-liners.com/floor-liners-by-make-model/tesla-model-3.html

3D Kagu from amazon, expensive but i have messy kids and also a gravel driveway that collects in treads of shoes and wears out my carpets quite quickly.

https://3d-liners.com/floor-liners-by-make-model/tesla-model-3.html

They look great, but are they RHD?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

This thread is so helpful. I found so many great tips and info already. Thanks everyone!!

Does anybody know a good list of all recommended tesla model 3 add on items like the mats / wheel kit etc?

Yurple wrote: »
    This thread is so helpful. I found so many great tips and info already. Thanks everyone!!

Does anybody know a good list of all recommended tesla model 3 add on items like the mats / wheel kit etc?

Go to YouTube and search Model 3 accessories, the influencers are tripping over themselves to cover everything. There are links on where to purchase in the description....below

They look great, but are they RHD?

:eek: Errrrr No

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

Yurple wrote: »

List here from UK owners group.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1csoMMW_7RdyIQ-xcC0SaV4JM4GUgkCdA7DnkrsWYX3Q/htmlview

I think mats are coming with both versions.

:eek: Errrrr No

Ouch. I was planning on bringing a set back with me the last time I was in the states, til it dawned on me at the last sec they’d be different. Hopefully yours will still fit, probably just lacking the extra padding usually found on the drivers side.

hatrack wrote: »

I think mats are coming with both versions.

That’d be a pleasant surprise. They stopped shipping mats with SR/SR+ a while back in the states. Maybe they’ve realised how scabby that was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭CFC007

Top Gear on BBC2 now have the Model 3 and the boys try their hands at building an electric car.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

It took me a while to find it as I thought it was my order number originally.

If you log into your tesla account and click on manage (your order)........ The next page has a bunch of documents at the bottom right. The Booking invoice will have your invoice Number.

Guess I was confused with all the excitement- Thanks folks-

I am changing my order from the rear wheel drive to the all wheel drive, although I do not want to lose the early discount on the full self driving capability- called Tesla and they were unable to confirm the situation- they are to call me back to advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Guess I was confused with all the excitement- Thanks folks-

I am changing my order from the rear wheel drive to the all wheel drive, although I do not want to lose the early discount on the full self driving capability- called Tesla and they were unable to confirm the situation- they are to call me back to advise.

Your spending a lot? 4wd & fsd?

CFC007 wrote: »
    Top Gear on BBC2 now have the Model 3 and the boys try their hands at building an electric car.

I am tempted to change my order after watching the show to the performance. I am hovering over manage my order :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

smokybacon wrote: »
    Your spending a lot? 4wd & fsd?

I am, and yet I feel I am compromising and trading off on other aspects- I would love the tow-bar, the beautiful red- performance I can easily live without- on a positive note I might now get the white free.

I intend to keep the car for 10 years, unless I decorate a tree with it. In this regard the spend is not too excessive, at least if I close my eyes-

Am selling my Ioniq which cost me nothing in real terms when I consider the savings in fuel costs.

on a positive note I might now get the white free.

Be careful, the plan is to offer Ford Transit white for free - not pearlescent white. Huge difference.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

...still holding out for the non-performance long range model, I have no interest in top speed or launch speed, should be ~€8k cheaper and +20km longer EPA range

slave1 wrote: »
    ...still holding out for the non-performance long range model, I have no interest in top speed or launch speed, should be ~€8k cheaper and +20km longer EPA range

I’m not sure that’s coming back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

yup, not available in RHD - never was and probably never will

One commentator at the UK delivery event said all 50 vehicles delivered that day were Performance models.

I hope it’s not the same here ðŸ™

One commentator at the UK delivery event said all 50 vehicles delivered that day were Performance models.

They go top down in terms of $£$€
    Id be very surprised if they did not do the same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

There are a number of SR+ being delivered later this week too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

there are only 2 RHD models, SR+ and Performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I thought the piece on Top Gear about the Model 3 was actually very good and that Harris done a good job and was very fair. Much better that that clown Clarkson would have done. It even beat the Alfa Romeo Giula Qiuatterfuiglia through the slalom which I was surprised by.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

hatrack wrote: »
    There are a number of SR+ being delivered later this week too.

In the UK...before you start a panic here.

slave1 wrote: »

So if it did come here would it be mid 50s? Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Now I'll admit I'm not the worlds greatest expert on cars, but I found myself in a shopping centre in London at the weekend, and lo and behold, I spied a Tesla shop/salesroom/display unit.
    There were two cars displayed, the S and the Model 3. I said to myself that I must have a look at this Model 3 they're all talking about on Boards. Well there's no doubt it looked fantastic in a cherry coloured metallic under the bright lights. And I've no doubt it does 0-60 in milliseconds and travels 500 miles for 6 quid, or whatever it is. But I was appalled by the interior finish. I thought it was cheap cheap cheap looking. There was a strip of "wood" across the dashboard which was pure formica, and nasty looking formica at that. The plastics, the steering wheel, the door furniture, all looked built down to a price, not up to a standard. I thought it was the interior of a £15K car.
    It's as if Tesla say to themselves that their tech is so good that it doesn't matter what crappy interiors they put in their cars.
    i asked the salesgirl how much the car was and her reply was that they start at £38000. That's sterling. Which is the price of an Audi A6 in the UK. The difference in the fit, finish, and pure quality of the interior of a new A6 and this model 3 is night and day. There is no comparison, they are from different planets quality wise. My daughter even sat in it and said , unprompted, that she thought it had a "crappy interior" for such a nice looking car. I know the arguments about the running costs, and I'm not getting into that here, but if I was in a position to be spending €50k (or whatever it ends up at here when you add everything in) on a new car, I would want one that was a hell of a lot of a nicer place to sit in than what I sat in last Saturday.
    To be fair, the Model S looked a lot better in this regard, but I didn't sit in it as there was actually a queue, but even that, didn't look to me to have an interior commensurate with , say, an equivalent priced Mercedes or BMW.
    Just my thoughts on a car I'll never be able to afford. (new anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

i asked the salesgirl how much the car was and her reply was that they start at £38000. That's sterling. Which is the price of an Audi A6 in the UK. The difference in the fit, finish, and pure quality of the interior of a new A6 and this model 3 is night and day.
    Comparing an EV with an ICE car isn't fair, because most of the cost of the EV is the powerplant.

Audi can't make a proper electric car with a nice interior for £40k either.

The cheapest pure electric Audi is the e-tron at about £80k. And that seems to have terrible efficiency, or some othe odd battery design that produces poor range from a large battery.

The interior is definitely a marmite thing. Personally, I love it. The 'wooden' dash, yes, I'm not a huge fan of it - not that it looks cheap, it just looks out of place stylistically with the rest of the interior. It's easily remedied though. Everything else, I adore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

The interior is definitely a marmite thing. Personally, I love it. The 'wooden' dash, yes, I'm not a huge fan of it - not that it looks cheap, it just looks out of place stylistically with the rest of the interior. It's easily remedied though. Everything else, I adore.

I think I'd be wrapping that with a 3M vinyl from day 1 along with the piano finish center console under the screen.

Think Tesla probably knew about the interior finish would look poor. They should have jazzed it up a good bit for less a few thousand very easily to keep all happy and stop the criticism.
    It is the only issue I have and I know will be looking at all ALL THE TIME”.
    Maybe if it used quality chrome or even leather dash bits, quality dash wouldn’t compromise the no vents, one big screen minimalist idea.

• Advertisement

i asked the salesgirl how much the car was and her reply was that they start at £38000. That's sterling. Which is the price of an Audi A6 in the UK.

I don't think any of us are buying the model 3 for the quality of the finish, its the Tech! ;) The virtual whoopie cushion had me reaching for my wallet in seconds and the best part is that apart from Autodrive I don't have to select thousands in extras to get the gadgets and features I want. In the model 3 the default is all of them.

A bog spec Audi/ Mercedes / BMW are not exactly driver friendly environments to be in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

AMKC wrote: »
    I thought the piece on Top Gear about the Model 3 was actually very good and that Harris done a good job and was very fair. Much better that that clown Clarkson would have done. It even beat the Alfa Romeo Giula Qiuatterfuiglia through the slalom which I was surprised by.

Agree with all that except for Clarkson. Clarkson did a very fair review of Tesla Model X the previous season of the Grand Tour.

And Harris has done a review of Tesla Model S before, he was impressed, but not yet convinced about EVs. He sure is now.

Has anyone who has made an order heard anything from Tesla since clicking "buy" (or managed to talk to a human about their order)?

I see on twitter that RHD SR+ are starting to be delivered in the UK this week. Speculation is about 300 to be delivered this week overall. It makes you wonder when the first will start to come to Ireland. There was about 4,000 UK Model 3 orders already in before the configurator went live in Ireland on 31st May (per https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G0Y4YppXsg_AkHR3_OFFWOE94QOmhaoqn-nGs-BC-No/edit#gid=521307980). So I wonder if order number 1 in Ireland is at the back of this UK list or if they want to have some Model 3s on the road in Ireland earlier? I'm assuming that Australia/New Zealand/Hong Kong and other RHD markets are behind Ireland as their estimated delivery dates were August when they're configurator opened on 31st May (with ours being July). It's also easier to deliver the small number to Ireland from their existing UK logistics than to deliver to a new continent.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Reag

I asked this very question about following UK deliveries in the Tesla showroom in Sandyford at the weekend. The sales person's opinion was that that is not going to be the case. Having said that it doesn't mean they know any more than we do.
    The Irish grant system is apparently slower than UK and can take 2 weeks to apply for thus slowing down delivery in Ireland even when cars have arrived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Don’t want to get too personal but how are people paying for their Model 3? At €49k min and probably €60k average, without PCP... hire purchase is looking around €700-850 per month. Is this what people are paying per month for cars these days? Can the car provide childcare so I can stop paying crèche?

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Don’t want to get too personal but how are people paying for their Model 3? At €49k min and probably €60k average, without PCP... hire purchase is looking around €700-850 per month. Is this what people are paying per month for cars these days? Can the car provide childcare so I can stop paying crèche?

Savings, and selling my current car. Luckily no finance needed.

BBMcQ wrote: »

The standard plus once you take off the VRT and grant is just shy of €39k. Its €2k upfront on order, then if you go the finance route an additional €13k and the payment estimate is €526 per month.

Most people I have been talking to have saved up for it as its been a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Anyone seen any pictures of the "Simple White" on the Model 3?
    Ordered a black one but might hold off and change to the free simple white in July.
    Opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

The standard plus once you take off the VRT and grant is just shy of €39k. Its €2k upfront on order, then if you go the finance route an additional €13k and the payment estimate is €526 per month.

Most people I have been talking to have saved up for it as its been a while.

What has you taking off VRT? Buying through a business?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

eddhorse wrote: »
    Anyone seen any pictures of the "Simple White" on the Model 3?

I call that colour "White Van Man White" :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement