Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

unkel wrote: »
    I call that colour "White Van Man White" :pac:

Even a white van man white might look good on it though, so I am curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Be careful, the plan is to offer Ford Transit white for free - not pearlescent white. Huge difference.

But white is a better in my view than black- so I am happy out!

mouthful wrote: »
    But white is a better in my view than black- so I am happy out!

Agreed, I just want to see an actual picture of it, not the configurator artificial picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

BBMcQ wrote: »
    What has you taking off VRT? Buying through a business?

only price i can seem to get is around the 50k mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

copeyhagen wrote: »
    only price i can seem to get is around the 50k mark.

It is €50k. I hope krissovo is not in for a land :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

krissovo wrote: »
    The standard plus once you take off the VRT and grant is just shy of €39k. Its €2k upfront on order, then if you go the finance route an additional €13k and the payment estimate is €526 per month.

Most people I have been talking to have saved up for it as its been a while.

Ehhhh... no it isn't! - it's just shy of 49K after VRT rebate and SEAI Grant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

catharsis wrote: »
    Ehhhh... no it isn't! - it's just shy of 49K after VRT rebate and SEAI Grant.

LOL, I have some explaining to do with the misses :confused:

I got suckered with the fuel saving :), I see it now in the order :o

First the mats, now this. You're an impulsive fecker, aren't you!? No wonder the Performance was tempting you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

First the mats, now this. You're an impulsive fecker, aren't you!? No wonder the Performance was tempting you :D

I struggle sometimes with dyslexia, just reviewing it again the Tesla order process is particularly bad as in my head I only see "after savings" and everything else is noise.

I might tell the misses I have upgraded to the performance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

About Your jpeg. I only have an invoice for deposit. I had a configuration like that before. I saw on the uk discussions that there’s were disappearing also! I’ll have to ring them again.

• Advertisement

I might tell the misses I have upgraded to the performance :D

She'll never know the difference!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Thanks for sharing the invoice. At least now we know how they calculate VRT and VAT:

8497.67 (VRT of 3497.67 + 5000 add back in VRT discount)
    60697.64 (divide above by 0.14 - the VRT percentage)
    This is the value for VRT purposes

50697.64 (deduct 5000 SEAI grant and deduct 5000 VRT discount
    980 reg fee, not subject to VRT
    51677.64 net invoice price

And VAT seems to be

51677.64 net invoice price
    8497.67 (VRT of 3497.67 + 5000 add back in VRT discount)

deduct VRT

43179.97 VAT base
    *23% VAT
    9931.39 total VAT bill

seems a slight rounding error

Nyland having fun today. Testing his Model 3 after the spoiler was fitted and the software was unlocked. 262km/h. Not bad for an EV :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

unkel wrote: »
    Nyland having fun today. Testing his Model 3 after the spoiler was fitted and the software was unlocked. 262km/h. Not bad for an EV :)

:D See how fast the battery % drops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Ordering now, when would someone be likely to receive theirs?

I’m guessing August.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

Don’t want to get too personal but how are people paying for their Model 3? At €49k min and probably €60k average, without PCP... hire purchase is looking around €700-850 per month. Is this what people are paying per month for cars these days? Can the car provide childcare so I can stop paying crèche?

If you're using a company to buy it not doing payroll for a couple of months should allow you to have enough to pay for it. The employees will understand once they see the car.

I’m guessing August.

I was told September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Don’t want to get too personal but how are people paying for their Model 3? At €49k min and probably €60k average, without PCP... hire purchase is looking around €700-850 per month. Is this what people are paying per month for cars these days? Can the car provide childcare so I can stop paying crèche?

Hire purchase, €10k down and approx 800 p/m

For me spending €400 on diesel a month it makes sense financially

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

ELM327 wrote: »

ELM327 wrote: »

You drive 1000km a week elm?

Do you work on the road, thats mad

Go for the performance version

It will pay for itself at that milage and will depreciate alot less than regular Model 3 imo

Pity Tesla don't do pcp, I'd buy a performance version then

• Advertisement

:D See how fast the battery % drops.

Who cares when you can charge it back up again in a few minutes at 250kW for a fiver :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

eddhorse wrote: »
    I was told September.
    So was I, by the support person who canceled my failed order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

did someone mention before that its possible to get 4.4% approx. finance with one of teslas partners?

my work CU does 5.5% loans for EV's, which is decent.

im still arguing with myself about a used ap1 2015 model s vs a model 3...

I would be in a position to put 20-25k cash down as deposit and finance the rest.

anymore info around teslas 'finance partners'?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

copeyhagen wrote: »
    did someone mention before that its possible to get 4.4% approx. finance with one of teslas partners?

my work CU does 5.5% loans for EV's, which is decent.

im still arguing with myself about a used ap1 2015 model s vs a model 3...

I would be in a position to put 20-25k cash down as deposit and finance the rest.

anymore info around teslas 'finance partners'?

On the Tesla Site it says AIB with 4.9%
    https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/support/hire-purchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Mike9832 wrote: »
    You drive 1000km a week elm?

Do you work on the road, thats mad

Go for the performance version

It will pay for itself at that milage and will depreciate alot less than regular Model 3 imo

Pity Tesla don't do pcp, I'd buy a performance version then
    About 1000km per week all in, 50k plus per year.
    I don't drive for work/work on the road (actually I work from home quite a bit these days), just the reality of living a dublin centered life outside of dublin.

I am considering the performance option... it is the most bang for your buck. Considering it starts below the price of a base model X, it kind of makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

About to place an order - anyone want to PM me a referral code for some supercharging?

In Sandyford this morning I was told expect September, outside chance of late August

bf wrote: »
    About to place an order - anyone want to PM me a referral code for some supercharging?

Thanks - referral now received. First in was Sabre Man - much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

Ordered today - was holding off due to insurance questions. Got a quote through a broker with Aviva today of 1200 for performance model (only option they had) - I ordered SR+ . Mine is usually 700 so not bad.

Had planned on ordering through the business but decided it wasn't worth the effort due to the no claims bonus etc, but i do have a question - would really appreciate advice here. Basically, my insurance is up very late July - is there any way I can insure my car until i get Model 3. don't want to start a year-long policy on my current car and get screwed switching?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

rduggy wrote: »
    Ordered today - was holding off due to insurance questions. Got a quote through a broker with Aviva today of 1200 for performance model (only option they had) - I ordered SR+ . Mine is usually 700 so not bad.

Had planned on ordering through the business but decided it wasn't worth the effort due to the no claims bonus etc, but i do have a question - would really appreciate advice here. Basically, my insurance is up very late July - is there any way I can insure my car until i get Model 3. don't want to start a year-long policy on my current car and get screwed switching?

You should be able to transfer your policy or get a refund if you cancel early but it may vary between insurers.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

Sabre Man wrote: »
    You should be able to transfer your policy or get a refund if you cancel early but it may vary between insurers.

Yeah, I just called Aviva - they allow cancellation of policy's and refund the amount pro rata. I'm order number 223 so there will be quite of few Model 3's on the road. Insurance companies will be hearing much more about them over next month id say

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

Yeah, I think the silence is deafening as far as delivery times are concerned. Read a conversation on Twitter yesterday in which a Tesla commentator said his source in Tesla said that deliveries would be delayed until at least Q4 2019. The reason he gave was that they make a higher profit margin on the US cars, so in order to boost the end of year bank balance, all output was being diverted to US customers. Now personally I'd take this with a HUGE! pinch of salt but if its true, I can imagine a few cancelled orders and very upset customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

I've been trying to get through on the phone to ask a few questions, including any update on delivery timeframe, and it just goes straight to voicemail. I left a message last week, but nothing yet!

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

jfk75 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think the silence is deafening as far as delivery times are concerned. Read a conversation on Twitter yesterday in which a Tesla commentator said his source in Tesla said that deliveries would be delayed until at least Q4 2019. The reason he gave was that they make a higher profit margin on the US cars, so in order to boost the end of year bank balance, all output was being diverted to US customers. Now personally I'd take this with a HUGE! pinch of salt but if its true, I can imagine a few cancelled orders and very upset customers.

Even if true, U think people would cancel orders for the sake of a couple of weeks? I highly doubt that;)
    And the output can not be diverted, production line mods required to switch back to LHD. No just a click of a finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

Car prices here are a bit lower then US after excluding taxes and I imagine shipping is not free. So perhaps they are lower margin.

• Advertisement

zep wrote: »
    Even if true, U think people would cancel orders for the sake of a couple of weeks? I highly doubt that;)
    And the output can not be diverted, production line mods required to switch back to LHD. No just a click of a finger.

Yep, poorly phrased but same difference. RHD is done in limited runs of a few thousand at present as far as I'm aware due to the small nature of its market, then the lines are switched back to LHD which is a colossal market. As far as people cancelling orders, some will, some won't. Personally I'd be exceptionally miffed if come the end of July Tesla out of nowhere decided to change the delivery date, a couple of weeks, fair enough but by months? no I think that would be a bit cheeky. Buyers on some UK forums are already saying their delivery dates have been pushed back.

September1 wrote: »
    Car prices here are a bit lower then US after excluding taxes and I imagine shipping is not free. So perhaps they are lower margin.

Not sure about the lower prices thing. As far as I know Tesla uses its US dollar price sticker as its world wide base price. So the if the car is $49000 in the US then that price is simply converted to the local currency with applicable taxes, charges etc added on. But with lower wage costs etc in the US that $49000 realises a high profit??

Yep, poorly phrased but same difference. RHD is done in limited runs of a few thousand at present as far as I'm aware due to the small nature of its market, then the lines are switched back to LHD which is a colossal market. As far as people cancelling orders, some will, some won't. Personally I'd be exceptionally miffed if come the end of July Tesla out of nowhere decided to change the delivery date, a couple of weeks, fair enough but by months? no I think that would be a bit cheeky. Buyers on some UK forums are already saying their delivery dates have been pushed back.

There is probably a high chance of delayed deliveries, but it's not like someone can just feck off and get a comparable competitor, there are none really :). So people may p**s and m**n about the delays but they will wait. :D

There is probably a high chance of delayed deliveries, but it's not like someone can just feck off and get a comparable competitor, there are none really :). So people may p**s and m**n about the delays but they will wait. :D

How dare you sir!....Hope you're not referring to me....(he says with false indignation as he pi**es and moans while patiently waiting for his magnificent new car to arrive!) 🀪🀪🀪🀪🀪🀪 😉😉😉

On a completely separate note, anyone thinking of sourcing a spare tyre for the car? Chatting with the Service guy in Sandyford this morning about it while getting a charger and he said a good few customers with S and X get them.

How dare you sir!....Hope you're not referring to me....(he says with false indignation as he pi**es and moans while patiently waiting for his magnificent new car to arrive!) ������������ ������

On a completely separate note, anyone thinking of sourcing a spare tyre for the car? Chatting with the Service guy in Sandyford this morning about it while getting a charger and he said a good few customers with S and X get them.

:D.. I'm deffo not referring to you, it a generalization, sure who doesn't p**s and M**n about everything in life, I know I do :D:D:;)

• Advertisement

How dare you sir!....Hope you're not referring to me....(he says with false indignation as he pi**es and moans while patiently waiting for his magnificent new car to arrive!) ������������ ������

I just went for the tire foam and a compressor, don't want the weight of an extra wheel ;) And sure if worst comes to worst your roadside assistance may cover you.

I just went for the tire foam and a compressor, don't want the weight of an extra wheel ;) And sure if worst comes to worst your roadside assistance may cover you.

Yeh, for possible effect the added weight would have on range efficiency, going the route of the foam makes sense. Service guy warned though that if you use the foam the tyre automatically has to be replaced even if the original puncture was repairable. Roadside assistance is probably a good idea and I see the AA advertising now that some of their vans will be carrying mobile "chargers" to get you back on the road in an emergency. Might be worth weighing up the cost of a spare vs the cost of a new tyres and yearly roadside assistance. Not sure how the sums would work out.

Yeh, for possible effect the added weight would have on range efficiency, going the route of the foam makes sense. Service guy warned though that if you use the foam the tyre automatically has to be replaced even if the original puncture was repairable. Roadside assistance is probably a good idea and I see the AA advertising now that some of their vans will be carrying mobile "chargers" to get you back on the road in an emergency. Might be worth weighing up the cost of a spare vs the cost of a new tyres and yearly roadside assistance. Not sure how the sums would work out.

I believe the comment to replace the tyre after using foam is false information, that's directly from Holts website.
    This is a quote from their site, "water-based repair product which can be easily and quickly removed, so the tyre is still fixable"

I believe the comment to replace the tyre after using foam is false information, that's directly from Holts website.
    This is a quote from their site, "water-based repair product which can be easily and quickly removed, so the tyre is still fixable"

Yeh I'm sure there are sealants out there that are washable but the Tesla site states in regards to the tyre repair sealant, "The damaged tire should be replaced, along with the TPMS sensor, at your earliest convenience. Replacement tire and TPMS sensor are not covered under Tesla vehicle warranty." I think the sealants mess up the spongy acoustic lining of the Tesla tyres or something along those lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Yeh I'm sure there are sealants out there that are washable but the Tesla site states in regards to the tyre repair sealant, "The damaged tire should be replaced, along with the TPMS sensor, at your earliest convenience. Replacement tire and TPMS sensor are not covered under Tesla vehicle warranty." I think the sealants mess up the spongy acoustic lining of the Tesla tyres or something along those lines.

:eek::eek:

Thats crazy. Bad enough to replace the tyre but the sensor as well. Thats one expensive puncture!

KCross wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

Thats crazy. Bad enough to replace the tyre but the sensor as well. Thats one expensive puncture!

Think that's what the service guy was trying to hint to me. Few people online saying such and such a BMW or Merc wheel fits and there's a few US and UK sites selling what they say are compatible spare wheels. Might be worth sitting down with pen and paper and working out the costs and pros and cons of a spare vs sealant.

Ordered today - Performance in black with black interior. In two minds as to whether to change interior to white or go white exterior/black interior

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Ordered today - Performance in black with black interior. In two minds as to whether to change interior to white or go white exterior/black interior

Yes black also. When you were a child who ever had posters of a white golf gti?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I'd go black with white interior. I think a light leather interior almost always looks nicer than black.

I'm unsure also, no pics of this simple white.

The Chrome Delete looks awesome too.

black-tesla-model-3-matte-tst-19-inch-wheel-turbine-2_1024x1024.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement