Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭finneys13

I asked the same question on the TOI FB page and the advice was basically not worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Why do you need winter tyres?

If you're lucky, you might have need for them for 2 weeks over a 3-4 year period!!!! :confused::confused:

Save your money.

Poster is not in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Why do you need winter tyres?

If you're lucky, you might have need for them for 2 weeks over a 3-4 year period!!!! :confused::confused:

Save your money.

Legally Required in Germany (where I am) unforunately. hardly ever gets cold enough to warrant them here which is a pain in the a**. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

redcup342 wrote: »
    Legally Required in Germany (where I am) unforunately. hardly ever gets cold enough to warrant them here which is a pain in the a**. :pac:

Best thing you could do is find a German Tesla forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

JPA wrote: »
    Best thing you could do is find a German Tesla forum.

I dont need a recommendation on Tyres, just on nice looking rims ? :confused:

Most of us drive on Summer tyres and performance is greatly reduced below about 5 or 6 deg C which we experience frequently. To drive on Snow tyres in Ireland might not be worth it unless the Gulf stream shifts somewhere else along with the jet stream lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Just got my deliver date for my M3.

Ordered Sept 7th
    Delivery Sept 30th

Not a bad turnaround time

Just got my deliver date for my M3.

Ordered Sept 7th
    Delivery Sept 30th

Not a bad turnaround time

There's some in stock already on the tesla site why do you have to wait ? not right spec ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

There's some in stock already on the tesla site why do you have to wait ? not right spec ?

In stock on the Tesl site means it’s on a ship on its way to Europe without an owner, or its extra stock sitting in a yard in the U.K.

• Advertisement

In stock on the Tesl site means it’s on a ship on its way to Europe without an owner, or its extra stock sitting in a yard in the U.K.

Seriously ? haha that's nuts.

Yup and also there were no existing inventory while I put my order in.

Yup and also there were no existing inventory while I put my order in.

What spec did you go for ?

What spec did you go for ?

I ended up deciding that 90%+ of all my journeys would be less than 400km return journey and that lugging the extra battery around for no reason didn't make sense so SR+ felt the right one for my situation.

Black paint as the showroom really sells how good the black looks and I didn't want the white interior (another reason not to go LR)

So I need to pick up some mats but I'm otherwise covered I think. Pricing charger installs at the minute. 1600 for a Zappi was first quote I got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Black paint as the showroom really sells how good the black looks and I didn't want the white interior (another reason not to go LR)
    The LR doesn't come with black paint or a white interior as standard. Those are €1100 and €1050 options respectively. The default is white paint and black interior.

I ended up deciding that 90%+ of all my journeys would be less than 400km return journey and that lugging the extra battery around for no reason didn't make sense so SR+ felt the right one for my situation.

Just to note, if your trips are motorway drives, expect 240-280km range from the SR+

To get the 409km stated range, you'd almost want to be driving like Miss Daisy in summer only.....

Having said that I drive an SR+, and so far have had no issues with range going up/down the country... you just have to factor in charging stops..

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    The LR doesn't come with black paint or a white interior as standard. Those are €1100 and €1050 options respectively. The default is white paint and black interior.

Yup but you can't get the white interior on the SR+. It's not allowed. So I chose the black paint at 1100 but as I didn't want/need the white interior, it not being an option was fine with me

Just to note, if your trips are motorway drives, expect 240-280km range from the SR+

To get the 409km stated range, you'd almost want to be driving like Miss Daisy in summer only.....

Having said that I drive an SR+, and so far have had no issues with range going up/down the country... you just have to factor in charging stops..

Oh totally and I won't be driving like the aforementioned Miss Daisy. But typically my return journeys are 100km. Sometimes I head to Laois so I'd be about 250 round trip. So I'm super cleanly within the windows for most of my journeys and then yup for the longer ones just about planning to charge. No problem at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

Anyone here on the Lucan bypass this morning in a white one? I flashed lights, you flashed the hazards?

Definitely more super chargers needed, we need proper charging hubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kellticwarrior

Hi Guys,

Picking the car up on Saturday (hopefully). First time buying a new car, do I need to have the car tax sorted or can I do it after I collect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Hi Guys,

Picking the car up on Saturday (hopefully). First time buying a new car, do I need to have the car tax sorted or can I do it after I collect?

Congrats!
    Tax can wait. There's some leniency there. You can do it online once you have the VIN (last six digits are your PIN for the website). It might take a day for the car to turn up on the Motor Tax website though after it's been registered.

ethernet wrote: »
    Congrats!
    Tax can wait. There's some leniency there. You can do it online once you have the VIN (last six digits are your PIN for the website). It might take a day for the car to turn up on the Motor Tax website though after it's been registered.

Cool, thanks for that. It just got registered today so that explains why I can't login:cool:

You should still be able to Tax it once they give you the reg.

When I collected back in March I had the tax disc in hand already, but theres no panic if you don't have it with you...

You should still be able to Tax it once they give you the reg.

When I collected back in March I had the tax disc in hand already, but theres no panic if you don't have it with you...

Sound, it only got registered today. Had a minor panic when I read in the email "Kindly arrange tax and insurance prior to collection". I know there is "Days of Grace" allowed usually, but the fear set in. Car was ordered in early December, was just waiting for something to go wrong...

Try and log into motor tax tomorrow and it should work...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭lurf94

Hi Guys,

Congrats, might see you there, im collecting Saturday also. Ill be the guy with the MASSIVE smile on my face ! Haha. Enjoy man

Hi Guys,
    With collection Saturday I'm trying to make sure I have everything with me on the day.
    I have Mats, a USB stick for Sentry Mode/dash cam, my centre cap kit. Insurance is all sorted and ready to go. Tax will be sorted. Anything else im missing ?
    I also plan on printing off a delivery checklist and running through that before leaving the premises.

lurf94 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    With collection Saturday I'm trying to make sure I have everything with me on the day.
    I have Mats, a USB stick for Sentry Mode/dash cam, my centre cap kit. Insurance is all sorted and ready to go. Tax will be sorted. Anything else im missing ?
    I also plan on printing off a delivery checklist and running through that before leaving the premises.

I think you'd survive collection day without the centre cap kit :rolleyes:

When you insert the USB stick, make sure to format it using the car itself, rather than bringing it out already formatted, will guarantee it to work.

I brought a checklist with me too, but didn't really bother with it. I just gave the car a good going over with my eye, and got the guy that was there to sort a few very minor things there and then...

Best of luck for Saturday..

lurf94 wrote: »
    Congrats, might see you there, im collecting Saturday also. Ill be the guy with the MASSIVE smile on my face ! Haha. Enjoy man

Hahaha, there could be quite a few of those :):) What is you collection time? I'm in for 11, if i can get into Dublin that is..

What's the USB stick for ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭nc6000

What's the USB stick for ?

Extra storage for dashcam and sentry mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Sound, it only got registered today. Had a minor panic when I read in the email "Kindly arrange tax and insurance prior to collection". I know there is "Days of Grace" allowed usually, but the fear set in. Car was ordered in early December, was just waiting for something to go wrong...

You ordered in December and only getting it now? How come so long?

Just got a text from +1 (510) 369-1556 titled "Tesla Update" asking me to fill out an online with my reservation number etc. Is this legit?

526691.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Keggers74

Just got a text from +1 (510) 369-1556 titled "Tesla Update" asking me to fill out an online with my reservation number etc. Is this legit?

526691.jpg

I’ve a car due for delivery week commencing 28th Sept and received the same message this morning, so assume it must be legit.

Keggers74 wrote: »
    I’ve a car due for delivery week commencing 28th Sept and received the same message this morning, so assume it must be legit.

Rang them there before filling it in. Apparently it's done through your Tesla account in other countries, but something about their systems in Ireland require it to be done using a Microsoft Office form. So it's legit anyway.

nc6000 wrote: »
    Extra storage for dashcam and sentry mode.

It's not extra storage, its the only storage.... so no USB Flash Drive = no Dashcam or Sentry recordings (Sentry mode will still work, loud music and warning on screen, but nothing will be recorded).

You ordered in December and only getting it now? How come so long?

Probably a mix of adding the sports wheels the second week in January, Covid19 and my general luck🙂

Hahaha, there could be quite a few of those :):) What is you collection time? I'm in for 11, if i can get into Dublin that is..

I'm also in for 11. And new restrictions or not, I've deemed collecting my car pretty effin essential 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭nc6000

It's not extra storage, its the only storage.... so no USB Flash Drive = no Dashcam or Sentry recordings (Sentry mode will still work, loud music and warning on screen, but nothing will be recorded).

Oh, I didn't realise there was no storage at all. That's not great really, it wouldn't cost much extra to include an SD card or USB stick when building the car.

• Advertisement

nc6000 wrote: »
    Oh, I didn't realise there was no storage at all. That's not great really, it wouldn't cost much extra to include an SD card or USB stick when building the car.

Meh, it’s a consumable part, so better leave it to the owner to change as and when they need to...
    Something built into the car will eventually fail and need replacing, so I’m sure Tesla could do without that hassle, so leave it up to the owner...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Meh, it’s a consumable part, so better leave it to the owner to change as and when they need to...
    Something built into the car will eventually fail and need replacing, so I’m sure Tesla could do without that hassle, so leave it up to the owner...

Given Tesla's history with eMMC I couldn't agree more.

Enhanced Autopilot for Model 3

€3,800

526787.png

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

Enhanced Autopilot for Model 3

€3,800

Hrmmm that option is not offered on configurator? Wonder what combo of M3 HW and spec that is avail for?

mobyduck wrote: »
    Hrmmm that option is not offered on configurator? Wonder what combo of M3 HW and spec that is avail for?

I’m in an SR+

Perhaps it’s only available as an after purchase upgrade?? A sort of FSD lite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It appearing for me (M3P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

Interesting, wonder will many bite at that price. And if so, would upgrade from this to FSD be half price too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Makes no sense to buy FSD/EAP with purchase due to VRT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Kramer

jhegarty wrote: »
    Makes no sense to buy FSD/EAP with purchase due to VRT.

I bet that's not their motivation though.

Their motivation is to sell a "service", tied to the owner, not part of the car. This then ends when the car is traded in/sold & the new owner will again have to fork out for the "service".

Why sell FSD once per car if you can sell it many times, over the life of the car?

Tesla are mercenary & driven by figures.

Kramer wrote: »
    I bet that's not their motivation though.

Their motivation is to sell a "service", tied to the owner, not part of the car. This then ends when the car is traded in/sold & the new owner will again have to fork out for the "service".

Why sell FSD once per car if you can sell it many times, over the life of the car?

Tesla are mercenary & driven by figures.

Tesla are scum bags to do that in fairness, make you pay per car that you can't sell on, it's the future probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

If it's a service that is tied to the owner then it should be pay per month, not a flat one off fee. I'd probably get it for a few months if so out of curiosity but doubt I'd get much use out of it long term.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement