Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Top gear repeat tonight at 11.

So I see available to order now in Ireland. deliveries July.

Standard range + 49 K included 5 K grant, what about vrt ? where's the 35 K model 3 ? lol.

700 A month with 12 K deposit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Standard range + 49 K included 5 K grant, what about vrt ? where's the 35 K model 3 ? lol.

It's not July, end of August, early September

eddhorse wrote: »
    It's not July, end of August, early September

Oh right nearly sure I saw July deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

You did but with delivery issues etc we're trying not to get our hopes up! :-) ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

ELM327 wrote: »
    Mike9832 wrote: »
    You drive 1000km a week elm?

Do you work on the road, thats mad

Go for the performance version

It will pay for itself at that milage and will depreciate alot less than regular Model 3 imo

Pity Tesla don't do pcp, I'd buy a performance version then
    About 1000km per week all in, 50k plus per year.
    I don't drive for work/work on the road (actually I work from home quite a bit these days), just the reality of living a dublin centered life outside of dublin.

I am considering the performance option... it is the most bang for your buck. Considering it starts below the price of a base model X, it kind of makes sense.

Agree go for the P3

Wouldn't bother with all that self driving crap

Would get track mode

Standard alloys look rubbish

That's what the ordering tool says, sales guys say August/September for my order yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

That's what the ordering tool says, sales guys say August/September for my order yesterday.

Do you mind us asking what the invoice number was (approx), we think it's serial and would indicate the sales order numbers - 4075A0000xxx

jfk75 wrote: »
    Think that's what the service guy was trying to hint to me. Few people online saying such and such a BMW or Merc wheel fits and there's a few US and UK sites selling what they say are compatible spare wheels. Might be worth sitting down with pen and paper and working out the costs and pros and cons of a spare vs sealant.

I think we might be eligible for roadside service in Ireland, but I might look into a compact spare to bring on any Europe road trips just in case. I don't trust any aerosol to not screw up the tyre, it's foam soundproofing and the pressure sensor. Apparently, a compact spare from a particular Hyundai model is a match, and then there are these guys - https://modernspare.com/product/2017-2018-tesla-model-3-complete-kit-carrying-case-included/

Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    Do you mind us asking what the invoice number was (approx), we think it's serial and would indicate the sales order numbers - 4075A0000xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

With all my cars so far, I've never been particularly fussy with washing them - a brush car wash was always good enough for me. Now that I'm about to lay down €51k on a car, my outlook has changed somewhat! I've been practicing washing, waxing, sealing etc on my current car to get ready for the Tesla.

Over the last few weeks I've tried a dozen or more different products, but today I used something truly spectacular. Meguiars Final Inspection. This stuff is simply magic. I applied it to my 8 year old black car today and I sweardagod I've never seen a reflection like it. Showroom finish.

I learned about it on a Model 3 facebook page when one guy posted a pic of his white model 3 that just looked phenomenal. I asked what his care routine was (expecting him to say it was a ceramic coating) and he just said his secret was to keep a bottle of this in the car, and when he's at a fast charger once a week, he gives the car a quick wipe down with this stuff.

Well worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

We got a paint preserver option for my misses volvo when we bought it which came with a Diamondbrite 32 aftercare kit. Amazing kit, I have been using it on all our cars for 3 years since and the shine and protection is amazing after a simple wash with the shampoo and then a conserver layer ontop without polish. Apply once a quarter and it really lasts, we still have most left in all that time as you use very little in each application.

I live on farm land and when the local farmer decides to cull crows they use our cars as targets when they poop themselves and never had any residue since applying the conserver. Also hides paint swirl without clay-baring it or doing a color correction so save money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

With all my cars so far, I've never been particularly fussy with washing them.

Best of luck with your new washing regime!

I never got into washing my cars much myself either. And it's safe to report that I never will. The cars get a mini valet once a year. Not done by me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

With all my cars so far, I've never been particularly fussy with washing them - a brush car wash was always good enough for me. Now that I'm about to lay down €51k on a car, my outlook has changed somewhat! I've been practicing washing, waxing, sealing etc on my current car to get ready for the Tesla.

Over the last few weeks I've tried a dozen or more different products, but today I used something truly spectacular. Meguiars Final Inspection. This stuff is simply magic. I applied it to my 8 year old black car today and I sweardagod I've never seen a reflection like it. Showroom finish.

I learned about it on a Model 3 facebook page when one guy posted a pic of his white model 3 that just looked phenomenal. I asked what his care routine was (expecting him to say it was a ceramic coating) and he just said his secret was to keep a bottle of this in the car, and when he's at a fast charger once a week, he gives the car a quick wipe down with this stuff.

Well worth a try.

Be careful with polishes (not saying you have used polishes), they are abrasive, super forum here for you to browse if you have not done so already....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1602

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

Well worth a try.

There is also Clear wrapping as here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWhC1h0O-kA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

In the US where it was promised.
    It was never promised here.

• Advertisement

Got a mail from Axa to say Model 3 will on their list by the end of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Got a mail from Axa to say Model 3 will on their list by the end of the month.

Great news

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

DC Motors must have great faith in Tesla logistics. They have a Model 3 SR+ for sale on Carzone. Available July. €53,950.

So they have ordered them for 49k and selling them for 53, how does the grant work for those companies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Business grant of 3800 I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

hatrack wrote: »
    DC Motors must have great faith in Tesla logistics. They have a Model 3 SR+ for sale on Carzone. Available July. €53,950.

Who in their right mind would buy off them and not direct? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Well worth a try.

Wrap it...save you back-breaking toil...unless u like washing your car.

zep wrote: »
    Who in their right mind would buy off them and not direct? :confused::confused::confused:

Cash discount 3950!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

zep wrote: »

Someone who doesn't want the hassle of selling their old car privately, and getting a reasonable price for it on trade in ... maybe. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

bf wrote: »
    Ordered today - Performance in black with black interior. In two minds as to whether to change interior to white or go white exterior/black interior

So after a few hours of deliberation, have changed white multi-coat paint. Think it will look well when I get the rear windows tinted
    Mec-a-nic wrote: »

I think we might be eligible for roadside service in Ireland, but I might look into a compact spare to bring on any Europe road trips just in case. I don't trust any aerosol to not screw up the tyre, it's foam soundproofing and the pressure sensor. Apparently, a compact spare from a particular Hyundai model is a match, and then there are these guys - https://modernspare.com/product/2017-2018-tesla-model-3-complete-kit-carrying-case-included/

They must have sold a few yesterday, my invoice number from yesterday was 240

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SirPixie

First time posting here :)
    I cracked and upgraded my order to the AWD. I had to drop FSD to afford though.
    Anyone know how much FSD will cost post purchase?

Has anyone already installed a home charger? I’m looking at the Wallbox crowd.

I was given these two as I'm near Dublin.

https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/support/find-electrician

IbezraB.png

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

SirPixie wrote: »

I’d ignore FSD until it becomes legal here. You won’t get the benefit until then imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

Welcome.

I think pre and post FSD price is the same since the recent price change?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

FSD is $1000 extra after the fact in the US. You can assume €1000 more here - €7000!

But Tesla has done Black Friday deals on upgrades in the past.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Advertisement

I was given these two as I'm near Dublin.

https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/support/find-electrician

IbezraB.png

Lots of electricians will install the charge points, they only need to be RECI registered to meet the SEAI standards for the grant. Keep an eye on their prices though and get several quotes. Tesla charge €529.99 for the charger with 7m cable but one of those "Tesla Approved" installers tried to charge me the €530 AND then add on VAT! Cheeky feckers. Prices can really vary wildly depending on how far from the fuse box the charger is going, Sandyford guys told me one customer told them he was charged €2000 (not including the charger) installation because he wanted the charger so far from the fuse box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

smokybacon wrote: »
    Cash discount 3950!

?????.

The base SR+ is 48/49 k from Tesla themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SirPixie

Thanks all. Feel much better about dropping FSD for now. I’ll need therapy after buying the car though :) this boards will do.

On the charger. I’m down in Cork and in a mid terrace with parking outside. So ill be very close to the fuse box. I’ll wait until I get a delivery date on the car and make a decision on the type of charger then. Tesla, Wallbox, evbox etc.

Also looking at getting a coating. Crystal Serum Ultra Black. I know nothing about them as I have never bought a car I care enough about. Got a quote of about 1400.

Thanks all. Feel much better about dropping FSD for now. I’ll need therapy after buying the car though :) this boards will do.

On the charger. I’m down in Cork and in a mid terrace with parking outside. So ill be very close to the fuse box. I’ll wait until I get a delivery date on the car and make a decision on the type of charger then. Tesla, Wallbox, evbox etc.

Also looking at getting a coating. Crystal Serum Ultra Black. I know nothing about them as I have never bought a car I care enough about. Got a quote of about 1400.

Yeh would love to know about protecting the paint work too. Price? Durability? Various Options eg ceramic vs wrap etc?? Is it really worth it?

Is car coming with type 2 and ccs2 leaving the bottom 2 exposed? Anyone know for sure? See in uk yet?

Also coming the blue cable like all Tesla’s? And the domestic 3 point plug?

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    But Tesla has done Black Friday deals on upgrades in the past.

Once it's got regulatory approval, it is very much in Tesla's interest to have as many cars enabled with FSD. They'll throw it in for a bargain. Probably a lot cheaper than USD5k

Flying over to the continent to go drive a LR AWD tomorrow :)

smokybacon wrote: »
    Is car coming with type 2 and ccs2 leaving the bottom 2 exposed? Anyone know for sure? See in uk yet?

Also coming the blue cable like all Tesla’s? And the domestic 3 point plug?

http://blog.chargemap.com/tesla-model-3-need-know-charging-capacity/

https://www.tesla.com/support/home-charging-installation/mobile-connector

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

unkel wrote: »

Savage job, keep us updated!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hazbot

unkel wrote: »

Nice :)

I have been lurking on this forum for a while and started wondering - for all the folks who have now ordered Model 3s , how many have managed to get a test drive first..?

I must admit I wouldn't be brave enough to drop that kind of money on a car I had never driven. The reviews may all be positive but still...

In my case I drove a Model 3 (standard) last year while on a visit to the US. I rented it from an owner, through the site Turo.com.

I loved the experience of instant torque and the quality of materials surprised me (in a good way). But I found the handling a bit underwhelming although maybe not a fair comparison as I currently have a Golf R...

Now the Model 3 Performance - that might be a different story. I'm off to the States again next month so might find someone on Turo who has one of those beasties and hit them up for a rental :)

hazbot wrote: »
    Nice :)

I have been lurking on this forum for a while and started wondering - for all the folks who have now ordered Model 3s , how many have managed to get a test drive first..?

I must admit I wouldn't be brave enough to drop that kind of money on a car I had never driven. The reviews may all be positive but still...

In my case I drove a Model 3 (standard) last year while on a visit to the US. I rented it from an owner, through the site Turo.com.

I loved the experience of instant torque and the quality of materials surprised me (in a good way). But I found the handling a bit underwhelming although maybe not a fair comparison as I currently have a Golf R...

Now the Model 3 Performance - that might be a different story. I'm off to the States again next month so might find someone on Turo who has one of those beasties and hit them up for a rental :)

No, no test drives available in Ireland unfortunately, unless like yourself you go abroad and try one. Bonus of buy a Tesla is the no quibble 7 days return policy.

I work for a California (Palo Alto) based Tech company so Tesla's are 10 a penny when I am over. The company has a few loaner model 3's that we can use when in town and when they are not available you can rent a performance model for under $100 a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

krissovo wrote: »
    I work for a California (Palo Alto) based Tech company so Tesla's are 10 a penny when I am over. The company has a few loaner model 3's that we can use when in town ...

****e, my San Jose/SanFran based tech company has a few loaner bicycles...

I haven't driven one yet, but I'm buying into the technology and safety, so it doesn't need to be super sporty. (Puts on old-fart t-shirt)

krissovo wrote: »
    I work for a California (Palo Alto) based Tech company so Tesla's are 10 a penny when I am over. The company has a few loaner model 3's that we can use when in town and when they are not available you can rent a performance model for under $100 a day.

Snap. Let me know if you're over there end of July and we can meet up for a joyride.

• Advertisement

We also have bikes,ebikes (for us old farts) and motorized skate boards to get around the campus that you can pick up in most buildings. I often get lost for an hour or so and enjoy a spin in the sunshine

Snap. Let me know if you're over there end of July and we can meet up for a joyride.

I am on holiday then but will be there from 3rd August

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Anyone any idea on the insurance cost for either model? Still making up my mind which one to go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Post #1000 ! The Model 3 sure generates lots of interest... fever pitch yet ?!

AmberGold wrote: »
    Anyone any idea on the insurance cost for either model? Still making up my mind which one to go for.

Have been putting in info for basic model s - it’s about €600-€700. Kept the quote. There is a link for insurance on Tesla site. Not thousands I’d think. Heard talk bout difficulty on performance model though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement