Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

rduggy wrote: »
    ...We haven't matched any VINs in Ireland yet. Delivery will be communicated to you by Tesla Delivery team <DeliveryIE@tesla.com....

We'll see what these guys say, if anything at all!

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

KCross wrote: »
    ok, but regardless of whether you hand it back or take out another 3yr PCP you still have to come up with extra cash at the end of your PCP. No free dinner, you pay for the car either way.

Can't you just walk away at the end? I think this is why people think it's more affordable because it's seen as renting rather than a way of buying the car and the monthly repayments are generally less than a loan would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Can't you just walk away at the end? I think this is why people think it's more affordable because it's seen as renting rather than a way of buying the car and the monthly repayments are generally less than a loan would be.

Yea, you can... but you've no car then!

So, you'd still need to have cash to buy the next car and I doubt you'd go from having a €50k new Tesla to a €2k banger after 3 years.... you're going to want to keep up with the neighbours or else they'll think you've fallen on hard times! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

unkel wrote: »
    Plus easily €150 a month less in maintenance, tax (€720 old system?), tolls. Electricity, and motor tax are negligible, so you are talking about TCO of not much more than €150 per month extra compared to your current car which presumably has no value and no longer depreciates. 150 quid, that's less than one night out on the town!!!

2.5 years ago I was looking at a similar comparison myself (for a new EV half the base Model 3 money paid without finance) and for me it was cheaper to buy a brand new EV than to keep my banger. And now it turns out that I was far too pessimistic about the depreciation of the EV, so the figures are even better :D

When you look at it like that

Makes loads of sense

Yeah mine is 700pm or something to tax, old system, costs me even more as I pay every 3 months in case it dies on me

Forgot about free tolls, spend about 20pm on them, not a massive amount, but still something

I know its the Model 3 thread but Kia eNiro looks good too

€38,000
    €5,000 deposit
    €15,000 gmfv

560pm x 36 months

All in my ICE costs me 400pm we will say

160pm is a night out like you say

Kia has a much better warranty too, 7 years/160km warranty

Tesla is like half that with 4years/80km I think

Will post something in eNiro thread

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ainsyjnr

ELM327 wrote: »
    Havent seen option of 6yr finance anywhere?

finance is by aib, on their website they do hp on new cars only for 6 years.

aib provide the hp for tesla at a rate of 4.9%, i spoke with tesla and was given a 6 year cost with 10k down based on 6yrs at 4.9%.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

1,500 more RHD VINs today plus Model3VINs has said there was 400 in the batch registered on 5 June 2019.

That gives about 3,200 RHD VINs in total. Given there’s about 5,000 UK orders we need a few more before we can hope they’ve registered a few for Irish orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

hatrack wrote: »
    1,500 more RHD VINs today plus Model3VINs has said there was 400 in the batch registered on 5 June 2019.

That gives about 3,200 RHD VINs in total. Given there’s about 5,000 UK orders we need a few more before we can hope they’ve registered a few for Irish orders.

Cool - wouldnt imagine UK backlog would be fully covered first? Id say they will want to get Ireland moving, make use of staff and facilities here at the same time.

Cool - wouldnt imagine UK backlog would be fully covered first? Id say they will want to get Ireland moving, make use of staff and facilities here at the same time.

You’d hope so. Lots of people in UK got VINs assigned today for SR+ orders (they’re seeing them through the source code rather than Tesla explicitly telling them). They’re also being told a consistent story in terms of delivery date - late July / early August which would tally with a boat leaving sometime early next week. Maybe we’ll get lucky and get a few of those cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

True. Limitations were slowing the number of deliveries in uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Reag

Has anyone who ordered immediately when configurator opened checked the source code for an Irish vin?

• Advertisement

Has anyone got a trade-in offer and accepted? I cant seem to find how to accept in my account? Also the trade in value they say includes VAT - do i get the amount stated? Not sure why VAT is mentioned tbh

Also the offer went up €500 since last month

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Reag wrote: »
    Has anyone who ordered immediately when configurator opened checked the source code for an Irish vin?

Yes. And nothing.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

For those who haven't seen it in another thread, you can now rent a Tesla model s from Dublin city centre. Since I have ordered a M3 but never driven an EV, I am renting one for the weekend to see if Tesla EV driving is as I hope it will be. Not a M3 but as close as I will get until order available. If I don't like it, it will save me 49000 on the M3. That said think it is unlikely I will not like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭jusmeig

For those who haven't seen it in another thread, you can now rent a Tesla model s from Dublin city centre. Since I have ordered a M3 but never driven an EV, I am renting one for the weekend to see if Tesla EV driving is as I hope it will be. Not a M3 but as close as I will get until order available. If I don't like it, it will save me 49000 on the M3. That said think it is unlikely I will not like it.

I think you are absolutely going to love it!

And for more good news following the VINs today - Pier 80 is filling up again and there are RHD included.

https://twitter.com/whitfletcher/status/1146472677013540864?s=21

Can you send me link please?

Can you send me link please?

Company is www.ufodrive.com. Can book through their app on play store. If you want to pm me your mobile number that I enter into the app, it will send you a link and referral code that gets €30 off first rental. No problem if you don't want to do that.

BTW no affiliation with the company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,742 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Has anyone got a trade-in offer and accepted? I cant seem to find how to accept in my account? Also the trade in value they say includes VAT - do i get the amount stated? Not sure why VAT is mentioned tbh

Also the offer went up €500 since last month

They are basically saying it’s off the final price and not the pre vat price

Company is www.ufodrive.com. Can book through their app on play store. If you want to pm me your mobile number that I enter into the app, it will send you a link and referral code that gets €30 off first rental. No problem if you don't want to do that.

Great thanks I’ll PM you

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    They are basically saying it’s off the final price and not the pre vat price

I got offered 8K so basically the 8K comes off the 47K cost? So really vat doesn’t matter to me in either sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Mike9832 wrote: »
    When you look at it like that

Makes loads of sense

Yeah mine is 700pm or something to tax, old system, costs me even more as I pay every 3 months in case it dies on me

Forgot about free tolls, spend about 20pm on them, not a massive amount, but still something

I know its the Model 3 thread but Kia eNiro looks good too

€38,000
    €5,000 deposit
    €15,000 gmfv

560pm x 36 months

All in my ICE costs me 400pm we will say

160pm is a night out like you say

Kia has a much better warranty too, 7 years/160km warranty

Tesla is like half that with 4years/80km I think

Will post something in eNiro thread

Tesla warranty
    Your car is protected by a New Vehicle Limited Warranty for 4 years or 80,000 km, whichever comes first. The Battery and Drive Unit in your car are covered for a period of:
    Model 3 - 8 years or 160,000 km, whichever comes first, with minimum 70% retention of Battery capacity over the warranty period.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

unkel wrote: »
    Here's the link to the results on the Euro NCAP site itself:

linky

96% Adult Occupant, that's a very high score. Only 2 2019 cars have scored higher than that. No car made before 2019 ever achieved a better rating.

It's 9th on the list I'm looking at at the above link, behind

Mazda 3 (98%), SEAT Tarraco (97%), Volkswagen T-Cross(97%), Škoda Scala (97%), Lexus UX(96%), Renault Clio(96%), Citroen DS 3 Crossback Safety Pack (96%) & Mercedes-Benz B-Class (96%)

This does set the Tesla claim of 'safest car ever tested' right up there alongside the Tesla promise to deliver my car in July :-)

Why does this company get away with the amount of falsehoods it spreads? e.g. does anyone believe a Model 3 ordered today will be delivered in August as Tesla's official website says?

edited to add: I will note that the Model3 has received the best ' Safety Assist' technology score ever published as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭technocrat

I’d be much appreciate a referral code too if still possible.
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

M3P has a 192kms/ 8 year warranty on the battery as far as I remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUVsbtqHAk0

is that the same as the UK/Ire SR+, no car mats, speakers not connected etc?

• Advertisement

technocrat wrote: »
    I’d be much appreciate a referral code too if still possible.
    TIA

PM me your mobile phone number. I enter it into their app and they send link to you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

copeyhagen wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUVsbtqHAk0

is that the same as the UK/Ire SR+, no car mats, speakers not connected etc?

Possible as the premium sound system is an option so obviously cheaper to just leave the standard assembly the same.

Similar to how Bmw and VW done it over the years with their cruise control and other options. The wiring was there, you just had to buy a few parts aftermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kicha

Went to tesla showroom Sandyford yeaterday..model 3 red with black seats looks stunning...can't wait...they don't offer test drive as first deliveries will be for customers and then the showroom will get test car..salesperson told it will be end of July or August before delivery..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jarrieta

Looks like another big batch of RHD Model 3's are getting ready to be shipped at Pier 80, very few white cars there... :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/whitfletcher/status/1146472677013540864

Kicha wrote: »
    Went to tesla showroom Sandyford yeaterday..model 3 red with black seats looks stunning...can't wait...they don't offer test drive as first deliveries will be for customers and then the showroom will get test car..salesperson told it will be end of July or August before delivery..

you know that's the fully upgraded performance model with the performance 19" alloys etc.

it is very nice alright

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    Possible as the premium sound system is an option so obviously cheaper to just leave the standard assembly the same.

Similar to how Bmw and VW done it over the years with their cruise control and other options. The wiring was there, you just had to buy a few parts aftermarket.

interesting, if the likes of the speakers could be connected up manually would be cool.

the video says there maps and other stuff missing from the MCU also.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 alexpowermetal

I rented model S a couple months ago through UFODrive. I liked the car and acceleration, but unfortunately it looks like it cheapest model S they've got. No autopilot and just a standard cruise control (not even adaptive). I have more bells and whistle on my Ioniq. I was told by UFODrive that their insurance doesn't cover autopilot. But over all it was great.

If any one need €30 off their first rental, pm me your phone number for referral code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

interesting, if the likes of the speakers could be connected up manually would be cool.

the video says there maps and other stuff missing from the MCU also.
    Satellite view and traffic view is missing, standard navigation is included.
    Spotify I believe along with the useless web browser is also missing

ELM327 wrote: »
    Satellite view and traffic view is missing, standard navigation is included.
    Spotify I believe along with the useless web browser is also missing

BTW, I found out very recently that the premium (included in LR and Performance) only includes those features for a year, after that paying an annual fee is required (satellite view, traffic and music streaming)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 alexpowermetal

jarrieta wrote: »
    BTW, I found out very recently that the premium (included in LR and Performance) only includes those features for a year, after that paying an annual fee is required (satellite view, traffic and music streaming)

I found out it recently too about Spotify, but are you sure you will have to pay for satellite view and traffic? Any source links.

I found out it recently too about Spotify, but are you sure you will have to pay for satellite view and traffic? Any source links.

https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/support/frequently-asked-questions-connectivity?redirect=no

what was their reason for releasing the model 3 sr+ and performance only? do ye reckon we will get the LR versions eventually?!

what was their reason for releasing the model 3 sr+ and performance only? do ye reckon we will get the LR versions eventually?!
    It's not likely, not in the short to medium term anyway.
    And there's 3 released versions in RHD.

SR+
    "mild" performance
    Performance

mild performance is just the performance pack with a few features though is it?
    if the cars using a 50kw battery and they have it software locked, is it possible to pay to tget them to unlock further range in the future?!

Mild performance is essentially the LR AWD.
    The proper performance is the "performance pack" which is hardware, better brakes, 20inch wheels etc

You will not be able to unlock in the future as it's hardware limited, same as you cannot unlock the LR AWD from the SR+. Different battery, different hardware etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Pier 80, this day last week:-
    D9h-PMZVAAA3gyI.jpg

Pier 80, yesterday:-
    D-ofr2dWkAYPBXk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Untitled-2.jpg

Jaysus. Tesla trade-in got back to me, offering half (or at a stretch 60%) of what my car is worth. Better get my skates on selling it myself.

Jaysus. Tesla trade-in got back to me, offering half (or at a stretch 60%) of what my car is worth. Better get my skates on selling it myself.

Really? My car was bought for 13k like 2.5 years ago, dealer locally offered me 5k as part of trade in. Tesla offered me 8 yesterday.

Seems to be luck of the draw.

Seems to be luck of the draw.

Yeah nightmare to sell privately tho because you have no idea when your M3 is coming.

Yeah nightmare to sell privately tho because you have no idea when your M3 is coming.

I know. I have a good relationship with the dealership that services my car, and they've offered to sell if for me for a cut. It's worth 10-12k, and I need 10k (Telsa offered 6). The deal is they'll keep whatever they get over 10k for it, so it's a nice arrangement. The great thing is I'll be out of the country for 10 days at the end of this month, so I can just leave the car with them to while I'm away. We have a second car, so it's not the end of the world if the Tesla is delayed a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

Quick question, are the trade in offers you are receiving back from you guys submitting a request on https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/tradein
    Or do you Ring them to get a valuation?

backlashs wrote: »
    Quick question, are the trade in offers you are receiving back from you guys submitting a request on https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/tradein
    Or do you Ring them to get a valuation?

Has to be submitted online - the sales staff in dublin will just direct you to the site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I know. I have a good relationship with the dealership that services my car, and they've offered to sell if for me for a cut. It's worth 10-12k, and I need 10k (Telsa offered 6). The deal is they'll keep whatever they get over 10k for it, so it's a nice arrangement.

You sorted it like a boss. Fair play!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement