Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Tesla offered me 4k less than the Skoda garage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Lads, how often do we have to say this? Tesla don't make any offers, they don't do trade-ins. As a gesture towards the buyer they will ring a few second hand traders and give the buyer the best of their offers. These offers are brutal. You'd probably get 20-30% less than in a private sale.

Unless you don't care about a few grand, try sell your car privately, or even make some sort of arrangement like dingledosser did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,742 ✭✭✭✭ted1

eddhorse wrote: »
    Tesla offered me 4k less than the Skoda garage.

Was it cash? If not That means Skoda are making an extra 4K on the price of the new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Just to check, has anyone who has ordered heard anything from Tesla yet? I've heard nothing so far with a very low order number. In the UK, people seem to have been called in about a week after placing their order to confirm their details after they've uploaded their driving license and decided on cash/trade-in/HP online (texts are starting to arrive in the UK telling people to expect delivery in August). My order page hasn't updated from:

"Next Steps
    As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details."

...with no forms to fill out or any way to progress the order. Also Tesla's "For assistance, please call +353 1800817354" on the order page has never done anything besides go straight to voicemail and no one calls back.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    Just to check, has anyone who has ordered heard anything from Tesla yet? I've heard nothing so far with a very low order number. In the UK, people seem to have been called in about a week after placing their order to confirm their details after they've uploaded their driving license and decided on cash/trade-in/HP online (texts are starting to arrive in the UK telling people to expect delivery in August). My order page hasn't updated from:

"Next Steps
    As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details."

...with no forms to fill out or any way to progress the order. Also Tesla's "For assistance, please call +353 1800817354" on the order page has never done anything besides go straight to voicemail and no one calls back.

Same here deposit holder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 akunz

Reservation holder, with order number 115, still no news :-( Model 3 Performance, Black

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

rduggy wrote: »
    Telsa just emailed in relation to delivery and PCP option:

1.) We haven't matched any VINs in Ireland yet. Delivery will be communicated to you by Tesla Delivery team <DeliveryIE@tesla.com>, unfortunately we have no insight into this from the store level. We expect the first deliveries to commence in August 2019.

2.) There is no view to introduce a PCP option for Model 3 in Ireland. Instead we have a 6 year HP option.

Pity they couldn't just openly admit that the July delivery that was given to some of us was just pie in the sky stuff. Would have preferred them to be open and honest about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jfk75 wrote: »
    Pity they couldn't just openly admit that the July delivery that was given to some of us was just pie in the sky stuff. Would have preferred them to be open and honest about it.

I posted a month ago that it would be August and possibly September delivery for Ireland :)

I posted on the 11th June actually - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110414268&postcount=720

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

When I ordered my blue performance plus, the guy in sandyford said august/September for delivery I think it was 6th June when I ordered order no. 120 I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Given there's 5000+ (allegedly) on order for the UK I'm starting to think September will be a long shot. I've sold my car so will need to get a Plan B in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

Another 1,900 RHD VINs registered today. Think that’s about 5,100 RHD in total.

https://twitter.com/model3vins/status/1147939197891727360?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I never even thought about them putting chargers on ferries.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

Deadly - thanks for sharing. I ordered black SR+ looks better then I expected in black, I agree aero wheels aren’t my favorite but looks good on black

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

JohnC. wrote: »
    I never even thought about them putting chargers on ferries.

Bunker oil, worse than coal. Don't charge on a ferry unless you really need it to get where you are going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

There are Emission Control Areas in the EU (at least covers the North Sea and English Channel, not sure about around Ireland) in place, and in 2020 the IMO will be putting restrictions on sulphur in fuel that will make it equivalent to road diesel. Heavy fuel oil will soon be a thing of the past for maritime use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

in 2020 the IMO will be putting restrictions on sulphur in fuel that will make it equivalent to road diesel. Heavy oil will soon be a thing of the past for maritime use.

A bit of progress at last. Sulphur emissions from ships kills hundreds of thousands of people every year. Limit to go from 3.5% (today) to 0.5% by January, but should really go to near zero

Linky

So the next boat Triumph Ace appears to be headed for China (not sure where they get that info but what do I know about international vehicle transport!)

So assuming there are some Irish cars on the next EU boat, this is the best case scenario:
    11/7 Triumph Ace leaves for China
    17/7 Next boat leaves for EU (based on 6 days average between CN -> EU departures)
    7/8 Arrives in Zeebrugge (based on 21 days journey)
    16/8 Customer deliveries in Ireland (assume 9 days, first batch of UK deliveries took 7 days from boat to customer)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

For those interested, you can now select model 3s on AXA’s get a quote system

maclek wrote: »
    So the next boat Triumph Ace appears to be headed for China (not sure where they get that info but what do I know about international vehicle transport!)

So assuming there are some Irish cars on the next EU boat, this is the best case scenario:
    11/7 Triumph Ace leaves for China
    17/7 Next boat leaves for EU (based on 6 days average between CN -> EU departures)
    7/8 Arrives in Zeebrugge (based on 21 days journey)
    16/8 Customer deliveries in Ireland (assume 9 days, first batch of UK deliveries took 7 days from boat to customer)

Not sure Triumph Ace is definitely going to Asia?

Either way timeline for Irish deliveries looks plausible (and optimistic!). It was exactly a calendar month (20 May to 20 June) from leaving San Francisco to cars being delivered to UK customers.

• Advertisement

hatrack wrote: »

Yeah, I'm not sure where they get that from. Maybe they have a person on the inside? :)

If it isn't then take 6 days off that.

What influence will the SEAI grant have on these timelines I wonder. Can Tesla apply once the VIN is assigned while waiting on the car to land on our shores? Or will we be waiting another 10 days for the grant red tape to be approved?

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

What influence will the SEAI grant have on these timelines I wonder. Can Tesla apply once the VIN is assigned while waiting on the car to land on our shores? Or will we be waiting another 10 days for the grant red tape to be approved?

I’m pretty sure I saw somewhere that the SEAI grant process had been started. It’s on the home charger grant page anyway so they’ve done something on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

hatrack wrote: »

Either way timeline for Irish deliveries looks plausible (and optimistic!). It was exactly a calendar month (20 May to 20 June) from leaving San Francisco to cars being delivered to UK customers.

The Spreadsheet has since been updated, the Triumph Ace destination is unknown,
    They have added a ship bound for Europe but it left from the East coast?

Has anyone in Ireland received a VIN for a M3, seeing on other forums some of our UK friends have them..

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

kev22185 wrote: »
    For those interested, you can now select model 3s on AXA’s get a quote system
    690 euro for performance model. Not bad

I'm 50 full NCB / no points and it quoted €1096 for a P :) WTF..

backlashs wrote: »
    The Spreadsheet has since been updated, the Triumph Ace destination is unknown,
    They have added a ship bound for Europe but it left from the East coast?

The Tysla (which departed from near Baltimore) is not confirmed as carrying any Teslas but the ship owner has shipped Teslas previously and the port has Tesla chargers. The guy who maintains the spreadsheet only put ships on the tracker when he’s certain they are carrying Teslas but he said made an exception for this one and will track it until it gets to Zeebrugge.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Reag

goob20s wrote: »
    690 euro for performance model. Not bad

Was that via the insure my Tesla link? Still no model 3 when I tried.

• Advertisement

Reag wrote: »
    Was that via the insure my Tesla link? Still no model 3 when I tried.

Select "Model" the next drop-down lets you choose between SR and P.

AmberGold wrote: »

I got unable to quote, guess I'm in for a really big surprise :pac:

backlashs wrote: »
    I got unable to quote, guess I'm in for a really big surprise :pac:

Me too - have a feeling it’s an age thing. I’m 28

Me too - have a feeling it’s an age thing. I’m 28

Same, 28 this year

Have got a few Quotes for a Model S that ranged from 1200-1600,

So hoping Model 3 is in around that mark

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

I have decided that if I do not have my car by the end of August I will wait for a 201 plate- Not really content to only have a very expensive ‘new’ car for less than 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I got a quote for €540 with the wife included for SR+, current insurance is €900 so I would be very happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

One of the more watched NCAP videos in recent days...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Hmm, I'm on Axa's website and can't select the model 3 to get a quote? On my mobile..

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm on Axa's website and can't select the model 3 to get a quote? On my mobile..

Figured it out (select 4 doors, model 3 is selectable on the next drop down). Quote of 550 for myself and my other half for the SR+, not bad!

€610 to insure just myself, strangely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Figured it out (select 4 doors, model 3 is selectable on the next drop down). Quote of 550 for myself and my other half for the SR+, not bad!

€610 to insure just myself, strangely!

Talked to my broker before about this. Apparently men are less likely to drive recklessly if they have a partner/spouse and having them on the policy is the easiest way to assume you have a partner. Weird I know :lol:

Talked to my broker before about this. Apparently men are less likely to drive recklessly if they have a partner/spouse and having them on the policy is the easiest way to assume you have a partner. Weird I know :lol:

The irony, the missus thinks she'd be more of a liability than myself, her words, not mine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,742 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Can’t apply loading based on sex. People in general drive better with a partner

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

€1026 for me on the SR+ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

€1026 for me on the SR+ :(

And €855 if I add the missus. I knew I was keeping her around for a reason.

Has anyone in Ireland received a VIN for a M3, seeing on other forums some of our UK friends have them..

I think the question should be; has anyone in Ireland heard anything whatsoever about their order since it was placed? I don't believe a VIN can be assigned until the "next steps" are completed; payment method, scan of driving license, etc. The guys in the UK were sitting with this step completed since the end of May. Tesla are prioritising cash flow deliveries. Something like "no trade-in, cash" first; "no trade-in HP" next; trade-in cash, etc. Interestingly, the lease deals in the UK are provided by third party companies, so these count in Tesla's eyes as straight cash deals and lease buyers are reporting having received VINs.

I think the question should be; has anyone in Ireland heard anything whatsoever about their order since it was placed? I don't believe a VIN can be assigned until the "next steps" are completed; payment method, scan of driving license, etc. The guys in the UK were sitting with this step completed since the end of May. Tesla are prioritising cash flow deliveries. Something like "no trade-in, cash" first; "no trade-in HP" next; trade-in cash, etc. Interestingly, the lease deals in the UK are provided by third party companies, so these count in Tesla's eyes as straight cash deals and lease buyers are reporting having received VINs.

I can’t remember the order process as I was shocked it had actually opened. Have we had to indicate whether we’re cash or trade in yet?

Also, I presume everyone has emailed the DeliveryIE@tesla.com email address and heard nothing back?

We didn’t indicate that yet. That’s the “next steps” it talks about on the order status.

I emailed them last week; no reply. Also the number to ring for assistance on the order page has only ever gone straight to voicemail.

Edit: and no callbacks from the voicemails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭jusmeig

We didn’t indicate that yet. That’s the “next steps” it talks about on the order status.

I emailed them last week; no reply. Also the number to ring for assistance on the order page has only ever gone straight to voicemail.

Edit: and no callbacks from the voicemails.

Sit tight lads -> reset your expectations :)
    I'll be astonished if we see more than a handful of token deliveries of P models to reservation holders before September.
    I'm expecting mid/late September for the SR+

jusmeig wrote: »
    Sit tight lads -> reset your expectations :)
    I'll be astonished if we see more than a handful of token deliveries of P models to reservation holders before September.
    I'm expecting mid/late September for the SR+

If they are that late is it worth even taking delivery? Weird getting a brand new car late in the year, nearly hold out and wait until January if that was the case

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

ted1 wrote: »
    Can’t apply loading based on sex. People in general drive better with a partner

Used to work in car insurance industry, it's a statistical event that two people sharing a long drive or when one driver is tired that the advantage of a second driver kicks in to reduce the risk of an accident

If they are that late is it worth even taking delivery? Weird getting a brand new car late in the year, nearly hold out and wait until January if that was the case

There’s still four months of the year left even if it comes in at the end of August?

I still think most Irish orders will be delivered by the end of August. Let’s see what happens with Triumph Ace and Tysla (unlikely to be carrying any Model 3 in my opinion).

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement