Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    We didn’t indicate that yet. That’s the “next steps” it talks about on the order status.

I emailed them last week; no reply. Also the number to ring for assistance on the order page has only ever gone straight to voicemail.

Edit: and no callbacks from the voicemails.

As a manufacturer with what can only be described as a prehistoric customer care program in Ireland, id advise to get used to this.

Have encountered some tesla customers shocked by how bad it is compared to their normal premium brand experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

rduggy wrote: »
    If they are that late is it worth even taking delivery? Weird getting a brand new car late in the year, nearly hold out and wait until January if that was the case

I'm waiting since October 2016 :)
    It's not a big deal to me that i'd have the 2020 plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

RedorDead wrote: »
    As a manufacturer with what can only be described as a prehistoric customer care program in Ireland, id advise to get used to this.

Have encountered some tesla customers shocked by how bad it is compared to their normal premium brand experiences.

Not prehistoric, this is the future of customer service, the computer will handle everything, technology replaces people! What could possibly go wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

So. Is there any reason for someone not to order a model 3?
    I'm currently hovering over the order button. Am looking at a 2015 P85D model S or a brand new model 3 SR+ with FSD and tow hitch for similar money. (albeit better interest rates)

Ultimate plan is that I will buy a model Y in 3 years. Which represents the better value for money ? 2015 P85D or 2019/20 Model 3SR+??

(NB: Not interested in non-tesla EVs)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

I had selected the FSD option, but have since dropped it,
    From what i can see the only thing it gives is auto lane change (which is highly restricted due to EU regulation changes) and Auto park,

You still get the Auto Steer and Traffic aware cruise control as standard

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

ELM327 wrote: »
    I'm currently hovering over the order button. Am looking at a 2015 P85D model S or a brand new model 3 SR+ with FSD and tow hitch for similar money. (albeit better interest rates)

Ultimate plan is that I will buy a model Y in 3 years. Which represents the better value for money ? 2015 P85D or 2019/20 Model 3SR+??

Depreciation will be less on the Model S simply because it’s had a big hit already.

In saying that it would be the 3 for me. The S is 4 years old already and won’t get many of the updates that Tesla push out over the next few years. Hit that order button and let us know your order/invoice number.

The Tysla ship everyone was hoping would be the miracle ship looks like it’s not carrying any Teslas. It’s going to a pier in Zeebrugge not used by Tesla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Brand new P3

Rest are overpriced

P3 is amazing value and will depreciate the least imo

Wouldn't bother with FSD

Save ur money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

RedorDead wrote: »

Buyer beware.

Dontbuytesla.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

hatrack wrote: »
    Depreciation will be less on the Model S simply because it’s had a big hit already.

In saying that it would be the 3 for me. The S is 4 years old already and won’t get many of the updates that Tesla push out over the next few years. Hit that order button and let us know your order/invoice number.

The Tysla ship everyone was hoping would be the miracle ship looks like it’s not carrying any Teslas. It’s going to a pier in Zeebrugge not used by Tesla.

Why won't an older Model S get updates? All cars still get updates regardless of age. I can't see Tesla stopping this practice.

• Advertisement

zep wrote: »
    Why won't an older Model S get updates? All cars still get updates regardless of age. I can't see Tesla stopping this practice.

Wont have latest HW3 so wont get full advanced summon for instance or NOAP

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Brand new P3

Rest are overpriced

P3 is amazing value and will depreciate the least imo

Wouldn't bother with FSD

Save ur money

P3 will have too much depreciation in 2-3 years (raw dollar terms not % terms), thinking of letting the head rule now and have the "long term" car be the heart car, fully loaded performance model y

Wont have latest HW3 so wont get full advanced summon for instance or NOAP

Indeed, but they are still getting updates at present and they don't have HW2/2.5.
    I'd imaging they will continue to get updates relevant to the car hardware as is the current practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Cars built before September 2015 don't get Sentry Mode/dashcam functionality. They also don't get beach buggy 2!

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

Just my opinion but, there is also the fact that the Model 3 will soon significantly outnumber the Model S and the numbers will add to depreciation figures more so than the Model S depreciation. Well at least that's what I'm hoping :D

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    Cars built before September 2015 don't get Sentry Mode/dashcam functionality. They also don't get beach buggy 2!

Well obviously as they don't have the required hardware for those features, but they are still getting updates relevant to the hardware present on the cars. Oh FYI Sentry Mode only available on cars built after Aug 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

zep wrote: »
    Sentry Mode only available on cars built after Aug 2017.

And the same goes for dash cam and Beach Buggy 2 (and many other future games I suspect).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

a 2015 P85D model S or a brand new model 3 SR+ with FSD and tow hitch for similar money

Surely that Model S is at least 10 grand cheaper than the Model 3 with those options?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

So this big lump of a vehicle carrier just docked at Pier 80 (which is currently stuffed with RHD Model 3's...)

showphoto.aspx?mmsi=352062000

BobbyBingo wrote: »
    So this big lump of a vehicle carrier just docked at Pier 80 (which is currently stuffed with RHD Model 3's...)

showphoto.aspx?mmsi=352062000

Source!?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

unkel wrote: »
    Surely that Model S is at least 10 grand cheaper than the Model 3 with those options?
    Yes but the lower interest rate brings the monthly repayments into the bracket of "similar"

• Advertisement

I don't see stuffed with RHD model 3's on that site, its a maritime tracker.

jusmeig wrote: »

In this thread, there have been numerous users sharing images of the Pier 8- port apparently full of RHD Model 3's. Other users have access to a tesla spreadsheet tracking the ships and port telsa uses. The ship in question was one of those on the list, it is expected to pick up in San Fran and deliver to Europe. Just seems to be happening quicker than expected.

Everything i mentioned is not official just people like yourself interested in tracking deliveries as Telsa are extremely poor at advising on realistic timelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

jusmeig wrote: »

My post from last week. Nothing has docked since then..
    BobbyBingo wrote: »
    Pier 80, this day last week:-
    D9h-PMZVAAA3gyI.jpg

Pier 80, yesterday:-
    D-ofr2dWkAYPBXk.jpg

Thanks guys, I'll spend the next 2 weeks pressing F5 on that boat tracker page...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Hmmm.....Not many red M3's in the car park :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Irishder

Just offered 53000 trade in on a 2011 VW Passat CC. Should i take it ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Irishder wrote: »
    Just offered 53000 trade in on a 2011 VW Passat CC. Should i take it ? :)

Get it in writing. :D

Got an email and replied with accept. lets see what happens. Can you accept it on your tesla account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

has to be a typo, and extra 0. if not I'll be buying a 2011 cc up north and trading it straight in :pac:

Can you order on the website with the trade in value taken off the price you pay? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Can you order on the website with the trade in value taken off the price you pay? :)

They have yet to include my two year old 1000 deposit in my figures- so suggest you do not hold your breath on that one-

Car is great- customer service not so good- hope nothing goes wrong with my car if this is what they are like before you buy-
    Rant over!!!

Just tweeted Elon thanking him for the great trade in value :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

Just tweeted Elon thanking him for the great trade in value :)

A new M3 with money in your pocket in exchange for an 8 year old passat? Result.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Partridge9

Do we know how many Model 3's have been 'ordered'

I presume people only pay deposits and then settle up on delivery (or the day before)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

Partridge9 wrote: »
    Do we know how many Model 3's have been 'ordered'

I presume people only pay deposits and then settle up on delivery (or the day before)

Yep, initial deposit for the waiting list a couple of years ago and now the €2000 deposit for the actual purchase. Remaining amount payable before delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

Model 3 selectable on the AA website. I can’t get a quote through the website for whatever reason but I’m sure they’ll give quotes over the phone now, for those shopping around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

jfk75 wrote: »
    Yep, initial deposit for the waiting list a couple of years ago and now the €2000 deposit for the actual purchase. Remaining amount payable before delivery.

Do you sign a contract when you give the €2000 deposit? Is this deposit refundable?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

digiman wrote: »
    Do you sign a contract when you give the €2000 deposit? Is this deposit refundable?

You enter into a sort of order agreement. Yes 100% refundable in fact, the car comes with a 7 days no quibble money back guarantee. You can cancel your order at any time all the way up to delivery and get you deposit back or buy the car, try it and take advantage of the money back guarantee for 7 days (or XXXX Kilometres) after you've paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

kev22185 wrote: »
    Model 3 selectable on the AA website. I can’t get a quote through the website for whatever reason but I’m sure they’ll give quotes over the phone now, for those shopping around

Only the performance for some reason. They quoted my €550, happy days. Extra hundred for no claims protection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mrbongo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭CFC007

Rumor has it that UFO the electric car rental company have a Model 3 that will available to rent from Stephens Green in a few days time. If anyone would like an introductory €30 credit against an rental you can PM me your phone number and I’ll set it up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/cbn0ii/tesla_rental_in_ireland_thought_you_guys_would/

A good few more UK customers reporting receiving final invoices and VINs this morning. One guy who had no reservation and only ordered mid-June has a final invoice and VIN, delivery likely in mid-August on the next ship.

Given our order statuses haven’t moved at all it seems unlikely we’ll get anything from the next shipment.

hatrack wrote: »
    A good few more UK customers reporting receiving final invoices and VINs this morning. One guy who had no reservation and only ordered mid-June has a final invoice and VIN, delivery likely in mid-August on the next ship.

Given our order statuses haven’t moved at all it seems unlikely we’ll get anything from the next shipment.

Thats fair annoying tbh, however i still have hope as i have a feeling Tesla are gonna give us very little notice over here, will probably get like 2 weeks notice

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

FYI: Just noticed the 'edit order' button on my Model 3 order has disappeared this morning - the lads in the UK forums were saying this happened before Tesla reached out / gave them a VIN. This could be the sign of some movement on Irish deliveries.

bdogg wrote: »
    FYI: Just noticed the 'edit order' button on my Model 3 order has disappeared this morning - the lads in the UK forums were saying this happened before Tesla reached out / gave them a VIN. This could be the sign of some movement on Irish deliveries.

Is it definitely gone?! Still there for me.

What did you order? I’m P3+ Blue with FSD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Still there for me as well. What's your order number (or approx order number)?

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

Mine there too im over order number 200 though (as i was trying to work out if personal or business purchase would work better for me)

inRl68p.jpg

Yep defo gone!

I was a day one reservation holder, but I cancelled that reservation as I noticed that ordering a fresh one had the same delivery estimate as my reservation, I also wanted to switch to a business purchase, so I put through an order for:

- Performance Long Range
    - Silver Midnight Metallic Grey
    - Performance package / 20" wheels
    - Black and white interior

Left the FSD component as I figured I was paying €6k for something i'm not gonna use yet - can always be added later. Plus the autopilot on the motorway/stop and go traffic is included now.

Mine there too im over order number 200 though (as i was trying to work out if personal or business purchase would work better for me)

Was gonna go personal loan on it, but the business BIK is only on what's over €50k threshold, so it made far more sense tax wise / loan interest wise - plus I can sell my existing motor at my leisure for best price and pocket the proceeds myself without having to worry about lining it up with the Tesla delivery / taking a low trade in price.

bdogg wrote: »
    inRl68p.jpg

Yep defo gone!

I was a day one reservation holder, but I cancelled that reservation as I noticed that ordering a fresh one had the same delivery estimate as my reservation, I also wanted to switch to a business purchase, so I put through an order for:

- Performance Long Range
    - Silver Midnight Metallic Grey
    - Performance package / 20" wheels
    - Black and white interior

Left the FSD component as I figured I was paying €6k for something i'm not gonna use yet - can always be added later. Plus the autopilot on the motorway/stop and go traffic is included now.

That’s great. Surely a sigh of progress of some sort.

Forgot to add I was P3+ Blue FSD *Black interior*. White interiors were first to arrive in UK.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement